It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any idea why TPTB want you to stop smoking?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Do not understand me wrong, I wish every smoker the strength and succes with stop smoking.

What I do not understand is why TPTB want every smoker to stop. There are these conspiracies about spreading decease in one way or an other by the power elite with the intension to kill everybody but themselves?

Wouldn't it a big help for them if evrybody just kept on smoking? It will bring in a lot of taxes and many people will die an early age. Still they do everything in their power to convince people to stop. Why?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I've thought about this, too, as well as all the new proposals about outlawing fatty foods or creating sin taxes on unhealthy items. It definitely seems to run counter to the claims of population control.

One conclusion I came to is the decreased population growth level in developed nations. People are having less children as life becomes more hectic so many countries go into negative population growth. This is why many developed nations open the door to immigration even when their native born citizens are screaming to close the borders.

Many nations want more people in order to maintain a competitive military force, economy, and tax structure. So perhaps they want to keep us healthy and living longer? Or perhaps with all the talks of national health care eventually, they want to save tax funds on health care?

I'm not really sure but it is something I've contemplated. My main guess is they want to stay competitive with world populations so they can remain a viable force in several vital areas.

[edit on 1/4/2010 by AshleyD]

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You ever been a ten o' clock person?
(Read Stephen King)

That's why. Smokers have that extra commonality with one another that non-smokers don't.
For example:
Lighters, we all need one, all have had to ask for them at some point.
Even asking someone for a smoke will usually lead to casual conversation.
And most important; the smoke breaks, thats when we really start talking chatting about everything under the sun.

They don't want us talking to each other me thinks....

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yeah, that make sence.....they want to whipe us out on their terms and when they say it is time for us to go. Meanwhile we must serve our purpose...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Oh gee I don't know maybe smoking is bad for you?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What makes you think they want you to quit?

Considering the Tax Revenue on Tobacco was the #2 source of Federal Income for our government (right behind Oil, which with the protectionist Family Smoking and Tobacco Control Act that was passed into Law last year, it is poised to become the #1 source of Federal Tax Revenue for our government), our government doesn't want you to stop smoking!

What does a teenager do when their parent's tell them they shouldn't/can't do something?

Do you think the American people are any different when the government tells you that you shouldn't/can't do something? They learned a thing or two from Prohibition.

By making such a fuss over Smoking with their Anti-Smoking Campaigns, our government is in a Win/Win situation. It promotes smoking by being contrary. It makes them look like they are concerned with Public Safety and Health and scores them benes with the Voters. Lastly, it gives them an excuse to further increase their Tax Revenue Cash Cow by being able to increase Taxes on Smoking as it is considered an unhealthy and unpopular luxury.

So, why do TPTB want you to stop smoking? Because of money, and the secret is they don't really want you to stop, but want you to keep doing it, just at a higher cost for you to further pad their coffers.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Its because it was there to control people. Now they have mobile phones to control your emotions.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't think they want people to stop as such. In Canada for e.g. the taxes are very heavy... but, what happens when you make someone think they can't have something? They want it even more. It's like telling a kid they can't do something, and then they do it just because they were told they couldn't.

Just means more tax in their pocket. I don't buy my cigs here anymore, I import them, at half the price which includes the duties I pay at Canada post - and they are legit. (also - you can import as little as 1 carton)

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Bionanoterror materials are dirtied up by particulates in smoke, is my guess..

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Uh...let me see

Maybe there isn't one set of TPTB

Maybe there are conflicting factions and maybe a few of them have your health in mind, God forbid, maybe they care about us.

Always a conspiracy with you guys, maybe some things are cut and dry. Its bad for you.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I start seeing ads for beer at 10:00 in the morning on TV. I smoke and do at times drink a beer. But I don`t remember the last time I had to many ciggarettes to smoke, got in the car and killed someone. It seems to me if they wanted to get poeple to cut down or quit they would try to get them off alcohol.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There could be a number of reasons... this could be one.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Perhaps their attempts to discourage smoking is a smoke screen (no pun intended). TPTB cast themselves in a good light by demonstrating 'concern for our health' while they get us en masse some other way -- like GM foods or vaccinations.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I also recall reading somewhere where someone claimed that smoking causes a mucus lining in the lungs, and that heavy / radioactive particles would not be able to enter the lungs due to this. I think it was posted on ATS.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
To save money on Medicare expenditures. A lot of smokers finally have to pay fo their habits in their later years. A time in which they are most likely using Medicare. Which means the government would have to pay for their cancer treatments.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
To save money on Medicare expenditures. A lot of smokers finally have to pay fo their habits in their later years. A time in which they are most likely using Medicare. Which means the government would have to pay for their cancer treatments.

That is also what I was thinking.......but the taxes that are paid for cigarettes can easily pay those bills. And another reason is that these care treatments will only last so long.....then the patient dies.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Which powers that be are you referring to? Not that it matters, I personally don't think that any one in Government has the intellegence required to conspire against the masses. Do you watch the news? 9 days out of 10 they're running around like chickens with their heads cut off. My opinion is that the non-smoking movement started off as a grass roots type of thing and when more and more people started realizing the benefits of being non-smokers [ health,financial,etc.....] they joined the bandwagon and now it's a huge multimillion dollar campaign. Just because there is a huge campaign out there with a lot of money and people involved, doesn't mean TPTB are behind it. On the contrary, I think that's why TPTB are NOT behind it.
Not smoking is a positive thing that makes sense. Normal people like us ATSers are the ones behind the campaign, Not TPTB.
Unfortunatly, people like you my friend will take what I said and twist it into something like " Well, that's exactly what they WANT us to think

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Unfortunatly, people like you my friend will take what I said and twist it into something like " Well, that's exactly what they WANT us to think

Just my 2 cents.

Unfortunately my friend,...that is want you think....

But your vision is interesting, you have good point here and thats all I am asking for.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Adolph Hitler was a big anti-smoking NAZI. Why they want to emmulate this guy is beyond me?

constitutionalistnc.tripod.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Still they do everything in their power to convince people to stop. Why?

Because reality is contradictory to the conspiracy that the elite want to kill everyone, and the benefits of everyone being a non-smoker means a healthier and happier population. In the UK it would reduce NHS costs caused by people having to go to hospital for conditions caused by heavy smoking. Isn't the same also soon applicable to govt. healthcare in the US.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by john124]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join