It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man gets 7 years for double murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Man gets 7 years for double murder

FORT WORTH -- A New Mexico man has been sentenced to seven years in prison in the shooting deaths of two men at a Keller house in 2006.

Authorities said that they had confiscated an AK-47 assault rifle that they believe was used to kill Samuel Padilla, 20, no relation to James Padilla, and Samuel Padilla’s cousin Armando Perez, 22.

Um what??? Only 7 years for TWO murders???? This is in Texas to,I mean, like, what????? No death penalty, not even double digits in years???? I seriously think something is very very wrong here. Unless if his lawyer is is the sherlock holmes of lawyers, somethings just wrong with the whole picture. I just had to share this because this is really near to where I live and I mean, how could this happen????

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
maybe he had alot of money? haha

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Agreed. That´s almost like an incentive to murder. 7 years is a cheap price to pay for taking peoples lives. That must be one helluva good lawyer or one helluva stupid judge.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sounnds like he got short time for narcing on some drug peddlers, if the vicitms were dealers the police don;t really care much if they were murdered. They're just glad they're gone. Were the victims innocents he would be headed for the hot seat for sure, that much I know.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wow, that ridiculous!

Just a couple weeks ago an 18 year old kid was sentenced to 8 years in prison, for GRAFFITI!!!, and the kicker, it was in Texas!

Texas Graffiti writer get 8 years of prison without parole

I don't know whats going on in Texas, but thats just crazy that you get less jail time for DOUBLE HOMICIDE then graffiti.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You are correct. It seems to me that as a part of the plea agreement, he was to reveal tons of information about the drug dealers.

That's a gold mine for the judge, prosecutor, and DEA.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My brother's girlfriend stabbed and killed him and she got 4 years. This is in Ohio.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Jeez, sorry to hear that! What is wrong with people, is there no respect for life anymore in the is world. 7 Years only...even if he gives up a lot of dirt, there's always someone in the wings to take over the 'bosses' place.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
well if you went to the source and read the story you'd know this was a drug killing...

James Padillas had been a roommate of the victims, Keller police said.

Keller police said there were no signs of forced entry into the house, which contained weapons, marijuana, cash and drug packaging materials. A substance that police said was used to dilute drugs such as coc aine also was found.

The men had been dead several hours when their bodies were found by Perez’s wife, Maria, Keller police said.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Even tho drugs were involved, it is still 2 young people that lost their lives, 20 and 22.

Tarrant County Assistant District Attorney Darrell Davila said Monday that after the capital murder indictment on Padilla, a material witness in the case was murdered.

Im thinking this was also gang related, looking at the names of the victims, Im thinking they are hispanic.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i killed 3 people, and i havent gotten any time at all

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Glad someone else actually read it. This is what happens when you get into this kind of business or behavior. The people who run in these circles don't give a $#@! about you, your family, friends, nadda...they simply care about $$$$ and their reputation among the criminal community. This is no secret, thus it should NOT be a suprise or shocking anymore when people get killed. People have been getting "whacked" for hundreds of years...such IS life...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Plus, what are the odds of this guy doing the same thing when he gets out of prison? Im sure hes going to meet some more people in prison and when he gets out, hes going to have more connections in the criminal world.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Or, they already know that the prison he is going to contains people whom are now drooling over his arrival. Meaning his fate is already sealed and he will never see the outside again...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Thats one thing I am hoping for. I would never want this dude getting out and living in my neighboorhood anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
its because he is either rich, or he was a white man who killed two mexicans,african americans, or asians.

new topics

top topics

join