It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd craft

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
Thats a para-sail;
You could see a little dune buggy under it, on the ground

G'day DjSharperimage

Do you mean the little black dot on the white area that appears to be sand?

I've put a circle around it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df1844740229.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Thats a para-sail;

G'day DjSharperimage

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

yeah; that's what i was referring to

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
All snow and rocks. It is very cold here. And the placement of the circle is a good half mile away....at least. If you look carefully, that is a long ways away. I don't mean to retract from your theory at all, it just seems highly unlikely. Then again, so is a UFO, at least in most places. So who am I to talk... keep up the good work. I appreciate it

[edit on 3-1-2010 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Thats a para-sail;

G'day DjSharperimage

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

yeah; that's what i was referring to

I reckon that something much bigger, a long way in the distance.

However, perhaps the nature of the photograph gives this a forced perspective, in which case the angle of the wing would be about right.

My opinion.....I doubt that's a vehicle.

What do you think?

Perhaps theutahbigfoothunter can comment on the geography….

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Did you guys see this image i posted?
Those trikes are pretty small which might give it the illusion of being far away;
The angle of the kite and the trike seems to correspond

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8744d8f91fb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Good question. I honestly think that is a rocky outcropping, or even some pine trees in the distance like the others. It seems consistent with the outcropping and trees to the left. I am positive that it is at least a half mile or so away however.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Just zoomed in. There is no way that is a trike. Even though it is a great theory. I like it

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
Just zoomed in. There is no way that is a trike. Even though it is a great theory. I like it

Do you have a bigger picture?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If you zoom in;
You could see light being reflected off of the left side of the trike on the ground;

The guy might just have a really long string on it

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69b3062979fd.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31ad58771e17.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Actually no. What I did was save it to my desktop as my screensaver which blew it up significantly. Those are trees in the background and probably more like a mile away.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
Actually no. What I did was save it to my desktop as my screensaver which blew it up significantly. Those are trees in the background and probably more like a mile away.

It looks like it has a logo on top of the sail; in a rectangle shape

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31ad58771e17.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-1-2010 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

I think there is writing on it. However I don't think its a sail. It seemed to be metallic in nature and not at all like fabric. I believe there is writing on it of some sort. You will also notice it looks unlike any sails I have ever seen. There is something there however. I believe there is some sort of writing on it. That is definite. I remembered thinking it said something or had numbers or letters on it when I saw it. Almost looks like the tail numbers on a plane. Good eye for noticing. I am also discussing it with friends on my phone and mentioned the writing to them...

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have an expedition tomorrow, so I really must go. Please keep up the good work. I appreciate all your help. I am sure there is something going on here. I think it is odd it seems to have edges and folds unlike a sail. It seemed metallic in nature. You are very much appreciated for your input. Thats what I love about people here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by theutahbigfoothunter

the outline is very similar to the ship of...

bobba fett

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

bobba fett

Jeez.....that's quite a stretch....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d4508fe6f60.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

bobba fett

LMAO

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It seems a tad strange that you only got one shot off!

I'd like you to explain why you only got one pic and why you didn't record it in a higher res?

If you've cropped it as mentioned, then please provide the full, un-cropped photo.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I just regitered minutes ago, so bear with me...

In my opinion, this picture looks like it was copied from a clip of either the movie, "Stargate", or the series "Stargate: SG-1".

In several scenes, in both the movie and the series, the cast encounters crafts known as Death gliders. This would be a side view over the left wing, as they have the rough appearance of a metal paragliding sail. This picture seems to have been taken from a scene late in the movie where these crafts are making strafing runs over a desert landscape....

I'm not sure how to post a picture yet, but I'm sure someone here will oblige...

I'm 99% sure that this "picture" is just a frame from the movie.. which would also explain the crappy resolution...

[edit on 3-1-2010 by thewetllama]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Being a non-photographer this looks so super-imposed. Not saying you did it OP but.....it looks so fake. Ah! Maybe I should've attend all those photography classes back in the day!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
All good points,
However I must insist.....Not photoshopped, cropped, chopped or manipulated in any way shape or form. Can any CGI experts out there verify please. It is as I took it in it's simplest form. I will gladly send copies to anyone. This is a 100 percent real photograph and has not been manipulated, cropped, photoshopped or super imposed in any way. And no it wasnt taken from a movie...LOL! If you can find the movie please superimpose to prove yourself wrong. I rest my reputation on it. And will allow anyone to put it through the most rigorous of tests. I am confident enough of what I saw. And for anyone wondering why there is only one shot, try to take a picture of something flying by wit a cell phone, it is not an easy proposition. I am not the best photographer either, although I am trying. I did my best and wish I had more shots but do not. My apologies, I am no way wanting to be a contrarian, but this is legitimate, and I would appreciate more info. I too would be doubtful and speculative, so please continue. I dont mind doubt and skepticism and in fact condone it. That is how mysteries are solved. I am not interested in turning this discussion into whether or not UFOs exist. I have seen many craft here in the Uintah Basin near the Skinwalker area and have done so on hundreds of occasions with many other individuals with the highest credentials. There are unidentified objects in the skies of the Uintah Basin. Not saying they are alien craft, just saying they are unidentified. So I don't want the discussion to go into a banter of whether or not UFOs exist...By their very nature they are un-identified, therefore existence is inconsequential. Rather, I am especially interested if anyone can find similar craft photographed anywhere. Any similar craft so I can see if it is military, or possibly something else?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join