It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neptune's Mass Recalculated

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Patmcc88

Science doesn't crumble. Science is a method for learning.

reply to post by skem64

Please show proof of Mammoths with sub-tropical food in their stomachs. I double-dare you. And some evidence of a massive tsunami smashing people and predators into caves. This will be fun!

The Earth will not stop rotating, as that is physically impossible. The conservation of angular momentum says so, and so far that's never been demonstrated to be incorrect. So unless you've just proven a massive part of science wrong in your head, you're wrong. I know which one my money's on.

Again, more armchair science from someone who doesn't understand the basic principles of the scientific method. Hilarious.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by skem64

Please show proof of Mammoths with sub-tropical food in their stomachs. I double-dare you. And some evidence of a massive tsunami smashing people and predators into caves. This will be fun!

The Earth will not stop rotating, as that is physically impossible. The conservation of angular momentum says so, and so far that's never been demonstrated to be incorrect. So unless you've just proven a massive part of science wrong in your head, you're wrong. I know which one my money's on.

Again, more armchair science from someone who doesn't understand the basic principles of the scientific method. Hilarious.

frozen mammoths? just google it mate. And as for the fossil remains found in caves, I'm repeating what Immanuel Velikovsky wrote in his second book and that is all taken from documented archeological searches. I posted a link for this book on an earlier page and it can be read on-line.

Again, as for the earth reversing it's rotation, I got this from somewhere (don't know where though) while reading up on this 2012 stuff. Apparantly, sometime in pre Egyptian history they talk about the sun not rising for 3 days and then when it did, the stars had changed position. True? I've no idea but what I know is true, is that water goes down the plug hole in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere than what it does in the northern hemisphere. So, If the Mayans were correct in saying our solar system aligns with the plain of the Milky Way in 2012, and the law of physics is universal, then once we pass over that equator...well who knows?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ok, here's the link again...

www.archive.org...

When Velisovsky wrote his first book the scientific comunity mocked him so in his second book he kept to documented facts....this book can be read on line just follow the link.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by skem64

"I've no idea but what I know is true, is that water goes down the plug hole in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere than what it does in the northern hemisphere"

No, you apparently do not know what is true. www.snopes.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ok I have read the first three chapters of Worlds in Collision and I'm seeing mistakes with it based on what we now know compared to what was known when he wrote the book.

With that said it is fasinating on how he is connecting many cultures with each other.

His description looks more like the description of a comet or asteroid actually hitting the earth and not just passing by very close. What he didn’t know in great detail in his day is some of the physical aspects of these celestial bodies. A comet is very old (4 billion plus years) and is made up of mainly ice from a few chemicals, they range in size from very small to five miles wide as a very rare large one.

Mistakes in the book:

1. A comet tail is made up of extremely small ice crystals that reflect the suns light and is not made up of meteors that could pelt the earth in massive meteor showers.

2. The mass of a comet or asteroid cannot influence the earth to do much of anything. One would also think if a comet slowed down the earth’s rotation it would also affect the moon to start to rotate more than it does or slow it down too, but the moon still rotates at the exact speed that it been orbiting the earth for a few billion years; hence we see only one side all the time. There is a law of physic that explains why objects will match their rotation to their orbit and 6000 or even 6 million years would not be enough time for the moon to realign its orbit to its rotation if it was changed. Also if the earth was slowed down what would speed it back up, or how could it speed back up in such a short itme.

3.The amount of gravitational pull needed to overcome the earth gravity and do all that the book talks about is extremely large, so unless the comet was the size of Saturn or Jupiter....

4. The earth core is liquid and the force needed to stop it spinning would tear the world apart.

5. For a comet to have its tail in front of it, it would be traveling from the sun and so in this case the comet would have made its loop around the sun and start it course back out into space away from the sun. Even a big comet 5 miles wide with its tail fully hitting the earth I do not see the whole earth covered in it.

6. We now know that an asteroid hit the earth 65 million years ago and wiped out 2/3 of the life on the planet, we also know that 230 million years ago a like scenario happened too. If the earth was covered in comet dust and major changes that happened as resent as 6000 years ago we would see that in the soil too, but it is not there.

One interest thing though, if an asteroid or comet actually hit the earth then much of his scenario would be true, but then we would see evidence of it still. The key is not their mass if they pass close to the earth; it is the speed they are traveling if one actually hits the earth. The problem with a hit scenario is it is not a regulated recurring event as a comet orbit would be to account for many waves of human destruction.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The Book worlds in collision deals with oral and written histories .The book titled earth in upheaval is the one verbatim that presents documentation of global catastrophes in prehistorical and in historical times-the clear unequivocal testimony of stones and bones.Significantly, this evidence from the natural sciences indicates that these great disturbances which rocked the globe were caused by forces outside earth itself.Here is vivid evidence assembled from the mountains oceans,deserts and tundras and jungles to establish the Velikovsky theory as one of unshakable solidity and of prime importance TO man's understanding of earth's past and man's own origins.Do read the facts that are laid out here and then comment please.Thanks

peace

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod
reply to post by skem64

"I've no idea but what I know is true, is that water goes down the plug hole in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere than what it does in the northern hemisphere"

No, you apparently do not know what is true. www.snopes.com...

That's an interesting link Zaphop. Well who would have thought water spinning in different directions is a myth! But hey! you could have forgiven me for the mistake instead of boosting your ego, after all, as your link says, the mistake is even in text books.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I hope you enjoy the book Xtro', personally I found what I read very interesting but my main point here is the collection of different animal remains in the same location, animals (and humans) that when alive would have been on opostite sides of the globe! I can only imagine a huge tsunami being the cause of such an event. And, I can only imagine a sudden pole-shift being the cause of such a tsunmai, which, would also account for the mammoths and other animals found (flash) frozen and would also explain the sub-tropical forest beneath the Antartic. And these anomalies are a matter of 1000's of years not millions.

btw, the center of our planet is solid iron. no?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by skem64
btw, the center of our planet is solid iron. no?

Yes and other heavy metals, but under such tremendous pressures and heat it is solid and the magnetism of it spinning in the less pressure outer liquid core protects much of the earth's, life, atmosphere and oceans. Without it being liquid and spinning we would look much like Mars. Mars a few billion years ago also had a core much like earth's in a liquid outer core and most likely water and a lot more atmosphere, but being much smaller than earth its core cooled and solidified quicker that in turn created the world we see today.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Xtrozero]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join