It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a "Prepper"?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

Wow thanks for the list it is great and made mine look like 5 year old wrote it. I appreciate it and will use it and all who pass by should print and keep it.

I believe that list should have its own thread it is that good I really like it. And back to the gun vs. knife debate I think knives are super important I have at least 30 of them of all sizes and uses. But if I had to choose between my saiga 308 or my mini 14 or even my Remington 870 I know what I would choose. And for all you poor souls living in the prison state known as britain buy a cross bow. I see very nice ones for about 200-600 on eBay all the time buy one it could save your life. To tell you the truth guys and gals I love survival stuff but I wish the need was not there I would much rather collect WW2 patches or pins that is for sure. And for anyone who needs advice on guns or rifle scopes or ww2 patches ask away I am kind of an expert.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by lilwolf

And back to the gun vs. knife debate I think knives are super important I have at least 30 of them of all sizes and uses. But if I had to choose between my saiga 308 or my mini 14 or even my Remington 870 I know what I would choose. And for all you poor souls living in the prison state known as britain buy a cross bow. I see very nice ones for about 200-600 on eBay all the time buy one it could save your life. To tell you the truth guys and gals I love survival stuff but I wish the need was not there I would much rather collect WW2 patches or pins that is for sure. And for anyone who needs advice on guns or rifle scopes or ww2 patches ask away I am kind of an expert.

I have my x bow
, but I have to agree with what you say about survival, about wishing there was not a need. I have the same train of thought with you here ST. Well friend, I wish you well.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by colec156]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

I also wish you well we live in interesting times for sure. It is funny how everything seems so upside down and backwards I wish I could go back and never go into the rabbit hole sometimes. But sadly some doors only work one way. I wish I new why I feel such a need to prepare I was a eagle scout but this is way beyond that. I am actually afraid for my family's well being and I have never felt this way before other than the normal drive carefully kind of thing ya know.

I Still have faith in our system here in the US it will go back to a more level way of thinking eventually. And I don't live where their are any natural things going on. I just don't get it? it is like I am programmed or something I am usually not the ant I am usually the grasshopper. I would appreciate any insight I respect the opinions on this post and you guys and gals seem really sharp all of you and this is the first thread I can say that about.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by lilwolf

Wow thanks for the list it is great and made mine look like 5 year old wrote it. I appreciate it and will use it and all who pass by should print and keep it.

I believe that list should have its own thread it is that good I really like it. And back to the gun vs. knife debate I think knives are super important I have at least 30 of them of all sizes and uses. But if I had to choose between my saiga 308 or my mini 14 or even my Remington 870 I know what I would choose. And for all you poor souls living in the prison state known as britain buy a cross bow. I see very nice ones for about 200-600 on eBay all the time buy one it could save your life. To tell you the truth guys and gals I love survival stuff but I wish the need was not there I would much rather collect WW2 patches or pins that is for sure. And for anyone who needs advice on guns or rifle scopes or ww2 patches ask away I am kind of an expert.

That is as i had said... only a partial list of things that are going to be important.... if you need additional information please let me know okay...

i been at this for a few decades now and i still teach others what to do and how to do it... right and correct

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
hi im new here just learning the site i cnt say wot i do just that im a brit man who is now considerd to kno too much. even in my line of work im considerd a survival expert and ur post took my eye as iv bin doin the same thing since i was fourteen but if u need any real tips just let me kno what sort of conditions/threats u are preparing for and ill gladly help as much as i can.
sorry for my spellin and punctuation

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I've been a 'prepper' and urban survivalist for most of my life. I grew up in Miami, FL where most every summer you're presented with the crisis of a Hurricane. Andrew was for me the WORST, but being prepared...having adequate shelter...I survived.

I moved to central Fl and found most if not all the people there had NO idea what it would be like if a serious hurricane hit, they found out when Francis ripped through and left us without power for 3 weeks straight.

Now with Florida experiencing such uncharacteristic COLD, I am worried about the viability of a survival garden here.

Years ago I built a Survival Supply Website a complete one-stop shop for people in the US to buy MRE's, freeze-dried foods, water purification/storage and most importantly open pollenated Seeds to grow your survival garden with.

I have compiled my list of hurricane prep, addeed some long term measures to it, so you can build your own family / individual survival kit..or buy one already to go.

Unlike many other sites, I do have a contact option and you can always send in your questions about survival and preparedness and I'll be glad to answer them.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Remember it does NOT have to be an End of World situation.

Think how long the people of Indonesia had to survive after the catastrophe, or closer to home, Katrina.

Even closer to home....

I'm always extremely well-stocked for Hurricane season here in FL. I have lots of bottled water, canned and dry goods, etc.

While my wife was laid off in Feb, we were still doing ok finance-wise...just had to cut back some. Then, when I got laid off also, it really sucked.

Luckily, between a small amount of savings, and a greatly reduced food budget as we started eating through the stockpile, we made it through, and now both have decent jobs again....

Just to show though....you don't even need a natural disaster to find uses for it...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Remember it does NOT have to be an End of World situation.

Think how long the people of Indonesia had to survive after the catastrophe, or closer to home, Katrina.

Even closer to home....

I'm always extremely well-stocked for Hurricane season here in FL. I have lots of bottled water, canned and dry goods, etc.

While my wife was laid off in Feb, we were still doing ok finance-wise...just had to cut back some. Then, when I got laid off also, it really sucked.

Luckily, between a small amount of savings, and a greatly reduced food budget as we started eating through the stockpile, we made it through, and now both have decent jobs again....

Just to show though....you don't even need a natural disaster to find uses for it...

It is real life stories like yours that confirm to me that what I am doing in preparing for the unknown is the right thing for me and my partner.
It's good to hear that your doing ok again.

When I chat about survival to some people they look at me like I'm crazy and that I'm just going to run off to some hills and live of the land the next time we have a flood or a snow fall

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It is always good to prep for the unexpected.... never know when something man made or natural is going to be handed to you....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Does anyone know of ways to make something useful out of a chemistry set? it has some poison chemicals (would be good to put on bait when hunting) some metal filings and some other stuff..any ideas? some old telescope lenses also come to mind for making a fire

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Boombaux]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join