It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Societies to join

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Alex....I dont mean to be disrespectful to your beliefs,,,,,Im willing to be wrong, have been before and probably will be in the future on things

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by project_pisces
Hate to be critical of freemasons but its the occult... If it wasnt bad why is it the members conceal and shy away about freemasonry when asked questions unless you yourself are a freemason?

Discovered www.freemasonrywatch.org did you? Well now that you have revealed all that is the "Craft" you can move on to more fertile threads, I hear the weaponry ones are good, you'll have a lot in common with the one syllable endorsements of assault rifles they have never held, much less fired (get the analogy?). As to the shying away, I think this speaks volumes as to that accusation. I hope that you suddenly say: Hey, maybe I should look around, and see what I could learn. Or you could head straight to the unthinking bliss that is: M-16 vs. AK-47.

There I was, alone, and ignorant, in front of the computer, and knowledge snuck up, and blinded me.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
why do you have to be so dismissive when someone has a different opinion than yours? Freemasonry is secretive and yes there are elements that some of its lower degree members don't know. As for the info it is sitting in the email provided.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gvret
why do you have to be so dismissive when someone has a different opinion than yours? Freemasonry is secretive and yes there are elements that some of its lower degree members don't know. As for the info it is sitting in the email provided.

Because its utterly rediculous. I feel like im back in the military on 12hr watch rotation on this site, with myself , ML, MM, AK, L and others being the guards. Guarding against what you ask? The perpetuation of lies against our craft. Everyday there are several individuals who claim the same things and who have gotten their almighty wealth of information (yes im being highly sarcastic) from freemasonrywatch.com. It's a rediculous site, everything there is taken way out of contex and accurate explanations are never given. Its frustrating, everyday, the same routine, .."Here come the Mason bashers armed with weapons from freemasonrywatch.com!!!!! To Your posts!" I mean it would be nice if you guys could at least go and read the posts by those who came before you claiming the same things and were defeated
Seriously though, all the Brethren on this site have been more than patient and very generous in the weath of information we have shared regarding our craft and the false claims that people attribute to it. So please please please go read the other posts, and please dont believe everything you read on some silly website.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Check every single freemasonic brochure and look at the history section- it says freemasons were formed in England, wrong.

On the contrary, this is quite correct, and is a fact universally agreed upon by historians, both within and without the fraternity. The earliest existent Masonic records date to 14th century England, when the fraternity existed as an operative stonemasons guild. We also know that the Masons� Company of London, a lineal successor to the medieval guild, began admitting non-stonemasons into the fraternity in the 17th century, verified by both Lodge minutes and personal diaries of the �accepted� (as opposed to operative) Masons of the day, most notably those of Oxford University antiquarian Elias Ashmole. We also know that four Lodges originally formed by the Masons Company of London formed the first Grand Lodge in 1717, electing Brother Anthony Sayer, a London attorney, as the first Grand Master.
Many wild theories have been put into print by not-so-discerning authors concerning the fraternity�s origin. Some writers pretend that Masonry was formed by Crusaders, especially the Knights Templar. Others imagine Masonry�s beginning to be with the Hebrew Patriarchs, and others still have believed that Masonry descended from the ancient Mysteries. All of these stories make great fireside tales, but do not consist of facts.

Yes I agree Grand Lodges appear to be independent, as are other secret society centres, they are not.

Each Grand Lodge is independent, and completely sovereign within its own Jurisdiction. Each Grand Lodge has a Constitution and Code of Regulations that governs the Fraternity within its Jurisdiction. Most Grand Lodges meet annually, when amendments to the Constitution and Code, as well as new legislation, can be introduced and voted for. The Grand Lodge is not very likely to concede any of its power to anyone else.
The Grand Lodge system of government is representative, and our American Forefathers used Masonic government as a model when drafting the US Constitution. The members of the Grand Lodge consist of the Master and two Warden from each of the state�s Lodges. Therefore, each Lodge has three representatives and three votes. Some Grand Lodges allow Past Masters to be voting members, but mine does not, limiting the vote to three per Lodge. After voting on legislation, the delegates then elect Grand Officers for the ensuing year, including Grand Master, following the procedure as outlined in their own individual Constitutions.
The Grand Lodge is the supreme Masonic authority in the Jurisdiction, and all Freemasons who reside within the Jurisdiction are bound to pay due respect and obedience to its decisions.

In general most freemasons don't know about the link between these societies, that defies the purpose.

In reality, the opposite is true. Most non-Masons do not know anything about Masonry, although they think they do after having studied disinformation authored by either those who have been duped by anti-Masons, or the anti-Masons themselves. I separate these two classes because the former class, although gullible, has not intentionally lied, and actually believe the things they write and say about Masonry. But the true anti-Masons who feed them disinformation are well aware that it is false, but continue their propaganda campaign in order to meet their agenda of discrediting the fraternity, which better enables them to control the minds of their followers. This is not a new tactic, but has been used by anti-Masons for centuries.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
The members of the Grand Lodge consist of the Master and two Warden from each of the state�s Lodges.

And just to indicate this, up here every officer in the Lodge actually has a vote, not just the Master and Wardens. I can't speak for other Provinces, but this is how we do it in Alberta.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

why do you have to be so dismissive when someone has a different opinion than yours? Freemasonry is secretive and yes there are elements that some of its lower degree members don't know.

There is a great deal of difference between an opinion and a definitive statement of [sic] fact. Reread your previous posts, your smug, "I know something you don't" tone just barely peaks above the level of ignorance of the claim (I couldn't bear to use the word statement, it would lend to much credence). Concurrently with your misguided posts, LSG posed a question to us, and it was answered, and her interest in Freemasonry encouraged. I use this to illustrate the difference between responding to a legitimate inquiry, and that of someone with an agenda. As to Higher Degree/ Lower Degree misnomer, the highest Degree any, I said ANY! Mason will ever attain is the Sublime Degree of Master Mason, period, end of story. Kings and Princes, pirates and corsairs, men that toil the field, tend the grindstone, all meet on the Level. And when they part, and return to their respective stations in life, whether high or low, the only thing that leaves with them is the friendship, and fellowship of the fraternity. There are no "Dark Designs" or "Instruction from a Higher Authority". The thought that the Rectified Scottish Rite has any influence over anything Masonic is patently false and extremely humorous. The thought that a predominately French Order would exert control in the U.S. gives me the giggles; my extensive collection of Bordeaux, Burgundy, Champagne, and Cognac are safe from my Brothers simply because the won't indulge in anything French (you can lead a Mason to a pub...), and you claim subservience? Get a clue. The veracity of your email is much in question as well, George (to provide authentication), it claims four Degrees yet all of the information I can come up with describes six or eight?A good start to understanding the "Real" structure of the concordant bodies of Freemasonry. Also I would implore you to post (either through links or through the body of this thread) the information you have so that all may make their own assessment of your claims, that would only be fair.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join