It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Societies to join

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of discussion about the problems and conspiracies of secret socities but does anyone have any good experiences about them or know of a group to join that would be helpful and beneficial?

Thanks

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yes. Freemasonry. I have had nothing but good experiences in Freemasonry.

You can check out my Grand Lodge's web page if you wish, you can also find a link to the Grand Lodge in your reason if you wish. I would say, check it out, see what you think and if it is for you.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
By the way, here's a little excerpt from that page, describing what Freemasonry is:

Freemasonry is:

Kindness in the home -
honesty in business

Courtesy in society -
fairness in work

Resistance toward the wicked -
pity and concern for the unfortunate

Help for the weak -
trust in the strong

Forgiveness for the penitent -
and, above all,

Love for one another -
and reverence and love for God.

"Freemasonry is a way of life"

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Beneficial can be defined in more ways than one! However, I'd say any group is beneficial at some level, it depends on how you view "beneficial". If you want truth, that's one form of beneficial. If you want to believe neat-sounding ideas, that's another form. If you want to prevent eternal damnation, then any religious group is beneficial from their individual perspectives. So once again, it really depends on what you want

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I agree that Freemasonry can be beneficial, however that is up to a certain level. As you move up to higher degrees the true freemasonry is revealed and it is not all rosy. Most of the freemasons of the lower degrees have no idea what the society truly stands for. This is a remnant of the old Templar traditions where only the initiates (Knights) were granted access to the Order's secret teachings as opposed to the lower level inductees.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hers 1 thats open

www.zetlandhall.com...

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gvret
As you move up to higher degrees the true freemasonry is revealed and it is not all rosy. Most of the freemasons of the lower degrees have no idea what the society truly stands for.

What pray tell is the basis of this statement? You having attained these "higher degrees"? Perhaps you would care to divulge what the "society truly stands for", I anxiously await the details of "all that is not rosy".

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think he's thinking of the Shriners, and those little bikes they ride in parades.

Or, maybe, it's a liberal racial-memory fear of any large number of old white guys gathered in one place...

Hard to say, these days.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The higher degrees of freemasonry are only attained by people whose families are in the elite of the elite. It has nothing to do with money, although sometimes these two overlap, one gains a "promotion" by family ties.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Oooh, does that mean my family is in the elite of the elite? I always thought so

Seriously, though, you haven't answered the question... how do you know that "High-level Masonry" (whatever that means) "isn't so rosy?" Are you yourself a "high-level Mason."

I would contend to you that what you probably think of as "High-Level Masonry" indeed is quite rosy, in fact it is Rosy-Croix! (That's a little Mason joke for you
)

In conclusion, please, please don't be so silly. It's very hard on us hard-working Masons when people do insist on being so silly.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This statement is based on what? You make definitive claims that are unsupported, either through personal anecdote, or some (please make it credible) online reference. I would encourage you to explain this "Divine Right" of elite families and how it pertains their admittance much less ascension to great heights within Freemasonry.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I never said Divine Right, merely something passed from generation to generation. Please do not confuse the normal hard working Freemasons Lodge with the real Freemasonry. The Freemasons in this thread should know that the original Freemasonry is completely different from most of the current Lodge's teachings. I would also like to point out that different Lodges have varying degrees that can be attained. On the other hand there is a society within a society in current Freemasonry. What I mean by "rosy" is the fact that most Freemasons do believe in the common good, with the exception of the generational elite.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
OK, here's the scenario:

There is a secret elite within Freemasonry that holds all the power.

The average day-to-day Freemason does not know about this elite.

The rulers of the individual Lodges do not know about this elite (I know enough WMs well enough to know this is the case), and anyway they have no influence over the day-to-day behaviour of individual Masons.

The rulers of the Jurisdiction, the Grand Lodge officers do not know about this elite (I know enough Grand Lodge officers to know this is the case, and work directly for my jurisdiction's Grand Lodge myself), and anyway they have no influence over the day-to-day behaviour of individual Lodges.

The "chain of command," if you will, stops there... there is no authority higher than the Grand Lodge.

So, since this "elite" does not come in contact with any part of the administration of any jurisdiction, how, pray tell, do they have "power" over Masonry? Hmmm? Perhaps invisible mind-beams?

P.S., Once again, by the way (this is the second time for me, third time overall), I am forced to address the question to you: How do you know about this so-called "generational elite?" Where is your information coming from?

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
And, for that matter, how do the conspiracy theorists know about them?

If their own underlings aren't privy to their terrible secrets, then why some random guy on the street?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I never said Divine Right, merely something passed from generation to generation. Please do not confuse the normal hard working Freemasons Lodge with the real Freemasonry... I would also like to point out that different Lodges have varying degrees that can be attained. On the other hand there is a society within a society in current Freemasonry.

The concept of "Divine Right" is the conferral of office, or stature by God (insert deity of choice), from generation to generation. Now I have to deal with AK thinking he's some kind of "Blue Blood", the guy is barely tolerable with his "Enigmatic Mason Routine" lavished liberally with "Mystery Religions"...Thanks a lot. I am confused with the difference between "normal hard working Freemasonry" and the "real Freemasonry", please expand and support. The Lodges have varying Degrees? I am only familiar with three being contained within the Lodge system. What varying Degrees am I missing? Finally the society within a society? Which part do you belong to?

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If you like mind beams that's fine. If you are where you say you are, please do not tell me there is not a higher authority than the Grand Lodge. Could you tell me how you achieve the Rectified Scottish Rite?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Now I have to deal with AK thinking he's some kind of "Blue Blood", the guy is barely tolerable with his "Enigmatic Mason Routine" lavished liberally with "Mystery Religions"...Thanks a lot.

Thankyou for reminding me, MM, I had hardly noticed.

Do you know that my family invented the Mystery Religions and created the movie "From Hell?" Ah, yes, I was at dinner last night (I don't have to tell you it was with the Rothschilds) when the man of the house made the most witty bon mot. It went a little something like this:

Q: How many copies of "From Hell" does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Why, Mystery Religions, of course.

He went on to add this whopper:

A young Mason who happens to be a duck walks into a bar. The duck orders a drink and drinks it, but realises he has forgotten his wallet. The duck, upon being asked by the bartender how he intends to pay for his drink, replies, with perfect aplomb,

"Put it on my Mystery Religions!"

A-hahahahaha! I simply must tell that one to Muffy and Tweedle at their annual WASP-only yacht recital!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Now I have to deal with AK thinking he's some kind of "Blue Blood", the guy is barely tolerable with his "Enigmatic Mason Routine" lavished liberally with "Mystery Religions"...Thanks a lot.
[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

LOL!, you two are quite entertaining at times. Have fun with this one, im going to leave it alone and get back to Alchemy & Mysticism, so many pretty pictures, so little time.

[Edited on 5/25/04 by Khonsu]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

please do not tell me there is not a higher authority than the Grand Lodge.

I tried, but I just can't. Nope, sorry there isn't a higher authority than the Grand Lodge. In the case of the United States will you tell me that 50 Grand Lodges would kowtow to any authority? We're not unified enough to schedule a BBQ between more than two states.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gvret Could you tell me how you achieve the Rectified Scottish Rite?

The WHAT?! The rectified Scottish Rite? And this is something you achieve?! Bub, are you spun around. First of all, the Scottish rite is a concordant body comprising Master Masons who wish to obtain further light in Masonry through study of certain ceremonials which were created LONG after the emergence of public Masonry in 1717. The Scottish Rite ceremonials largely consist of sybolic dramas which relate concepts in morality and philosophy. I myself possess the 32nd degree in the Scottish Rite, as does Mirthful Me and as do several million other Americans and Canadians. I should also mention to you that I know quite well the Soverign Grand Commander for the Scottish Rite in Canada, Orlan Weber, (he is a member of my craft Lodge), and I can't possibly see you saying anything against him. Orlan comes from what I believe was an ordinary, hard-working Canadian family, and he himself worked hard as an engineer and architect to make his way in the world. I don't think he has a nasty or evil bone in his body, and if he has one flaw, it is that he is perhaps overly zealous about the idea of the Scottish Rite forming educational centres for dyslexic children in Canada (a flaw which I share with him).

Listen, Gvret, if that is your real name, you are WAAAAY out there, man, and you STILL have not answered my question about how you know about the presence of a so-called "elite" and how it influences Masonry. This is the fourth time you have been asked.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by AlexKennedy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join