It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A way to end the War on Terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Currently, can we expect to see an end to the War on Terrorism? Our politicians say they are acting to end the war, but what actions are they taking to finish this war?

None of the actions taken by the US or British, with their allies, seems to driving to an end to this war. It seems that our actions continue to act as a rallying call to those that are opposed to our war on terrorism, and there are people on the Christian side of this war, that are seen as terrorists by those on the Muslin side of this war.

The only way that this war can be ended, is with the complete destruction of Islam, Christianity, or my preferred option. Both!.

Seems very simple, but the answer to many of life’s problems can be this simple!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You need to know who your fighting before you can finish

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The problem is the fact that people are making mega bucks from this war and theres not enough people who know about it. The governments are the least of the worries its the people and organisations who run the governments who are gaining in this. They are willing to sacrifice many lives for their own gains. One example The us were apparently paying the taliban to protect their supply convoys, so wheres the logic? sending their soldiers into war whilst paying the enemy for protection. I believe that this war in itself is one of the greatest conspiracies of all time bar 1 and the truth will come out one day. Also why when all this kicked off was there stone tablets found in a copper box transported under armed guard to talil airbase then transported to London#? Thats all im saying about it look into it for yourselves Sumerian tablets

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The war won't end while the people making millions/billions off it are the ones with the bigger influence

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I agree with the getting rid of all religions.
not with force or laws.
just ridicule.

If they can prove anything empirically then fine.
just because something is written on goat skin thousands of years ago doesn't make it any more holy than the script of friends will be in 2000 more years.

If you can prove your god exists with science fine otherwise keep it to yourself.If god wanted me to have blind faith wouldn't I have it?

up to my neck in christians and I can't find a lion to save my life!I

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_grand_pooh-bah
I agree with the getting rid of all religions.
not with force or laws.
just ridicule.

If they can prove anything empirically then fine.
just because something is written on goat skin thousands of years ago doesn't make it any more holy than the script of friends will be in 2000 more years.

If you can prove your god exists with science fine otherwise keep it to yourself.If god wanted me to have blind faithwouldn't I have it?

up to my neck in christians and I can't find a lion to save my life!I

I liked the part about faith its such an easy out for any religious person "you need to have faith"

Someone in previous thread said they thought I have an issue with faith and damm right I do. it blinds normal people to the truth and turns the smart into gibbering idiots who when questioned with logic say "you have to have faith" and this is generally said when there logic makes no sence what so ever or they are lossing a debate.

personal I like the scientifict method, observe, test, validate.

I will add I like to think there is an afterlife but I have often wondered if that was my minds inability to deal with my own mortality that makes be want an afterlife.

After that little rant get rid of blind faith and you can kiss goodbye to religion.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Based on the replies to date, our elected leaders will not or can not do anything to shorten the impact of this war?

So what is the point in electing anyone, if they are just in the pockets of industry who make and service war? What a gloomy world we live in.

I have to disagree that this war is solely based on making money for a few. While money is part, the biggest element is two religions butting heads and neither is interested in what the other side has to say.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom ERP
The only way that this war can be ended, is with the complete destruction of Islam, Christianity, or my preferred option. Both!.

Baffles me that people believe this.

You honestly believe that if this one factor were removed from existence there wouldnt be any other excuses out there to kill each other?

Property, power, race, ethnicity, favorite foods, sneakers, theories, just for the hell of it, etc....

Religion is an excuse. That's all it is. It's not the cause and it's not the solution.
Getting rid of one excuse just makes room for another.

As it is most of the morons blowing themselves up just want people out of their country. Religion might embolden them and help to encourage blowing themselves up but plenty pf people are all too happy to go on suicide missions without religion. Pride and shame and inspiration are prime examples of non-religious justifications.

Whatever the reason is you feel the need to single out religion I suggest you get over it. It's just one small factor in a situation consisting of infinite factors. None of which are important or powerful enough to make a significant change in the situation.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Religion is not the reason, only the excuse. Demonizing religion in general or a single religion specifically serves to divide us and to capitalize on our fear of the unfamiliar.

The beauty of calling it a "War on Terror" is that it's so vague. The definition and scope of "terrorism" as well as the "enemy" is ever changing. It's like trying to put your finger on a bead of water - very hard to pinpoint.

Endless war is our future unless we reject fear and decapitate the military industrial complex.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I agree religion isn't the lynch pin(removing it wouldn't solve all wars)
however it is a major tool of manipulation and it would be harder to separate us into groups if it were gone.

I'm agnostic,I won't act like there is a god unless given irrefutable proof of one.I hope there is a god,
If there is he needs to get his butt out of the break room and back to work!(or her)

now I'm not saying grab your torches and go burn the nearest bible thumper,I'm just saying it would only help if that difference weren't there.
just like it would help if we were all the same color.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_grand_pooh-bah
I'm just saying it would only help if that difference weren't there.
just like it would help if we were all the same color.

Religion-less groups of same-colored people. Hmm.... That's just about every street gang in the world. Black on black crime anyone?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I do agree to a point that "religion" is a tool of control. however, if you are talking to any "knowledgeable" christian, you wont get the answer of:"you have to have faith" faith comes with knowledge imo. if you ask someone or even study on your own, God will impress upon you the truth. as far as proof! well if you cant look around you and see the miracle of life, then you have your head too far up your butt! (obvious by your avatar...)that alone lets me believe their is a god,...the fact that their is a God to me doesnt make religion right however. It does make me want to learn and pray and learn more. I dont consider myself an expert by any means, but I do feel the power of God. Conversely if you cant look around you and see the evil of the world, you also need to remove your head from yer rectum. Evil is the absence of God, and we all need to unite to oppose that force. I dont care what you call your religion, there are forces of good and evil, and you cannot stand in the middle and say you didnt know what to do. good luck, I would advise pulling your head out, to have a look around.

Love and Light

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is a great article on the differing views about the "War on Terror" and it's effectiveness.

trueslant.com...

Let’s be clear: The Bush paradigm failed, and it failed big. We invaded two Middle Eastern countries and achieved little but to create an endless stream of new Al Qaeda recruits. This isn’t to say Al Qaeda would have atrophied otherwise, but it is to say that “state sponsorship” has proved less the key to terrorism than the existence of failed states. And, unless America can conquer every square mile of failed state on the globe, terrorist networks will always have a “safe haven” of one sort or another. Thus, the entire idea of a “war on terror” has proved a farce. The hawks already want to march on Yemen — good luck to them, and see them in Somalia soon.

Meanwhile, those of us who realize terrorism can’t be “defeated” in a “war” have had to shift to a different way of looking at the world. There will never be an end to, or a victory in, a “War of Terror” in our lifetimes. Al Qaeda will never sign an armistice in the aisle of a transatlantic flight. So, it’s no longer sensible — or even sane — to talk about a “war.” To talk about holding detainees until “the end of the war.” To talk about instituting liberty-crushing security measures until “the threat has passed.”

Whatever we do now we have to be ready to live with forever. And some of us, at least, aren’t ready to live in a state of 24/7 terror and panic and hysteria for the rest of our lives.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
just because a book has some universal truths in it doesn't mean god dictated it.
I read the bible twice cover to cover growing up as punishment.I don't have it memorized but i remember the gist of it.

the cruelest treatment I have ever received as a child came straight from christian souls who were kicking my ass to bring me closer to jesus.
I don't have a problem with you believing in unicorns and fairies and stuff,all i want is for you guys to keep it to yourself and stop showing up at my front door to discuss jesus.

seriously,while typing this post a team of three jehovahs witnesses showed up at my door and i had to explain it to them too!

If they have Mohameds and abrahams witnesses too I'd go off the deep end.

how many agnostic winesses have knocked on your door?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Unless I missed something, the two sides in the war on terror are based on religion. On one side, we have Islam being used to justify attacks on what is considered the West, which is based on Christianity.

So to my simple mind, this is question of religion being used to justify waging warfare on another belief.

Of course, does this say more about the people who are using religion to justify actions taking in the name of a religion? I guess it does. My argument is not based on just getting rid of one religion, but both religions involved as the main parties in the war on terror.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Your question could be taken as being to vague or open ended . In one sense I would argue that wars being between organised religion the most effective tool ever devised for controlling the masses will go on forever . In a geopolitical sense what is known as the War On Terror will end when the US defaults on its debts . Then we will witness the transfer of financial markets and Natural Resources to China and India .

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The war on terror will end just after the war on drugs and the war on poverty ends.
The stupid US is too PC to win any wars. It might hurt someone's feelings.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is the perfect war. This war on terror can go on forever. We now have a new front in the war in Yemen, where next, probably Africa. Then we have home grown terror, how do we stop some angry indoctronated young Muslim, blowing themselves up in a crowded place. This will run and run, like the war on drugs.

we need to take a fresh approach, what that approach is, I dont know

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I feel we do have the means and ability to end it. But, for two reasons it won't happem. One, money, there is just too much to be made from this. Two, as the above poster said, political correctness. Alot of the wrongs in the world could be ended if the US decided to act with a damn the media and professional victims approach.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
At the first u must know exactly
That war has not ended yet
Because of false methods of some whom dont know about islam a thing
They are mind washed
With false ideas
And in the other side u know it is for petrol and a new world order
Some wrong information could lead to a desaster

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>