It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Positive that the Bible isn't a History Book: The Myth of Noah's Ark

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Hello,
It has been mentioned that every culture as far back in time as history records has a flood account. Deal with it.

You keep throwing these measurements around as if they are fact! ok.

Can you use the same stubborn mindset to free yourself from ignorance?
Or because you have your mind already "made up" will you discard the truth when it is presented to you, because it does not fit into your agenda of trying to disprove Christianity?

You lack understanding on so many fronts I don't know where to begin.

The Ark was loaded with some live animals to keep the people aboard alive.

The ARK CONTAINED DNA MATERIAL THAT BEINGS NOT FROM THIS WORLD PROVIDED AND THEN LOCKED NOAH AND HIS FAMILY INSIDE UNTIL THE WATERS SUBSIDED.

There are reports that block ops have found the Ark along with much guarded high technology(long term DNA storage device?)

The entire eco system and all of earths inner workings were totally different than now as has been pointed out already in a previous post.

Why don't you try a truly honest approach to this for a change?

p.s. I don't think you are here to deny ignorance I think your just another person here that thinks they are wise in the own mind, and has set out to convince the world that the bible isn't true and Christians are all wrong HAHHA that in itself is a laughable goal it's not gonna happen. Atleast not by your hand but if you hang in there a while longer you can team up with the NWO and the Antichrist in ridding the world of all that is good and wholesome and then I suppose you will be happy. Patience.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Umm, the ark wasn't a cruise ship, nor was it built for travel. Cargo space is all that was important. It was simply a cargo vessel to protect its occupants from the global flood.

And who ever said it wasn't???

I know I am a retarded non-science believing Christian...

'Nuf said...

Do you have any examples of the Christian ridicule, ban, torture, from the last couple hundred years, that have absolutely nothing to do with roman catholocism?

OK, here's one...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a24f7815ed0e.jpg[/atsimg]Auschwitz

and another...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d70c100de4e1.jpg[/atsimg]The American South

and another...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5bce39daed5.jpg[/atsimg]Kosovo

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d9dce06f58b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I said,
Paul had a divine revelation, Just like you did with God.. Yo-kay. Show me where Jesus warned about paul. And I will prove you wrong.

You said,

27Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

31But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

I just don't see where you said Jesus warns about Paul. It seems like you are just pulling verses out of thin air. Please, just for laughs, explain how Paul is the prince of this world.

I am god and I am arguing with myself. Jesus would be my brother, and the father is greater than all.
I think I have heard it all.You God? you seriously need to seek out some sort of psychiatric help.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shasta9600
If you believe that the Bible was inspired by God, then you can believe that this is one of the few times in history where the main points of all the accounts are correct. If you don't believe it's from God, then all your points are very valid.

At some point, if the Bible is going to be used by any of us, we must come to the conclusion that God could inspire one single collection of books to be written for us to have the chance to learn the truth.

Acceptance/belief is in opposition to things of god. Knowledge of the holy is understanding(proverbs 9:10), and is not something you can just accept or believe(Psalm 82).

It's not faith in god, but faith in men that you are talking about.

If you have to accept that something is divinely inspired, then you don't really know. Same man could have told you something completely different and you would have accepted it. Why? Because that is where your faith is - with men.

Those who question what men tell them are the ones who seek. Those who trust in the understanding given to them by the father over the words of men are those who love the father. Those who find the father are rewarded with wisdom and understanding(Proverbs 8).

The bible has alot of wisdom, but it is not the authority and it should not be accepted. If you accept it as the word of god, then it becomes a replacement for the word of god to you. You will not hear the father, you will only hear the words of men - stolen waters(proverbs 9). They are stolen waters because they are not of your understanding, and you do not have the understanding from that. Those who keep the commandments are those with understanding(Psalm 111:10).

All things need to be in their proper place. The bible doesn't need to be the "word of god" and accepted and so forth in order to have a purpose and be important. But if you do not put it in it's proper place, then it will be unable to do it's function.

You want to build a house, you have a foundation and a roof. You can go out and buy the highest quality materials, but if you put the foundation above the roof then the house is going to fall. Meanwhile, a man can go out with the poorest of materials, put his roof above the foundation and his house will stand. The problem with the house wasn't the materials, it's just that the builder put the parts in the wrong places.

And that is exactly what you are suggesting people do, put their foundations above their roofs. All such houses will fall, and all those who accept blindly open themselves up to deception.

The bible is a book of knowledge, understanding and wisdom. It contains both good and evil. Only those with understanding are able to separate the 2 and know which is which.

In the OT, you can see in 1 place where sacrifices and such are desired. In another part, you can see where these sacrifices are not wanted and are scorned(Hosea 6). Jesus also quotes Hosea 6, saying sacrifice is not desired, mercy is, and that people need to repent for their sins rather than trying to wash away their sins in sacrifice(Matthew 9:13). But still, the other half of the NT is all about how Jesus is a sacrifice, and being saved by sacrifice. And yet, Christians don't seem to even notice or care.

Sorry, but it's just faith in men to accept the bible as such. Why do you have no faith that the father within can give you the understanding you need without the book?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
I just don't see where you said Jesus warns about Paul. It seems like you are just pulling verses out of thin air. Please, just for laughs, explain how Paul is the prince of this world.

Does Paul come after the death of Jesus? YES.

I didn't pull anything out of thin air, you did. Because according to you, what Jesus really meant was - "That which comes after that which comes after me".

Who comes after Jesus? The self proclaimed aposolte who's writings make up half the NT, where he teaches people to call him father and does multiple things against the teachings of Jesus.

Yes that is right, it says after Jesus. Not after you are born.

I think I have heard it all.You God? you seriously need to seek out some sort of psychiatric help.

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

I rarely call him "God", I usually call him father - and there is a reason for it.

[edit on 12/29/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

If you believe that the Bible was inspired by God, then you can believe that this is one of the few times in history where the main points of all the accounts are correct. If you don't believe it's from God, then all your points are very valid.

At some point, if the Bible is going to be used by any of us, we must come to the conclusion that God could inspire one single collection of books to be written for us to have the chance to learn the truth.

Acceptance/belief is in opposition to things of god. Knowledge of the holy is understanding(proverbs 9:10), and is not something you can just accept or believe(Psalm 82).

It's not faith in god, but faith in men that you are talking about.

I can't make out what you're trying to say here? If someone comes to the conclusion through their own research, study, and prayer....that the Bible was inspired by God......then the fact that they now believe this, is in opposition to the things of God?

I don't get it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Lol, no math is not one of my favorite topics However, the Bible is, and it really makes no difference as to the correct figures (no one knows for sure). Its all about probability and all these probabilities, a man making an ark, a man collecting animals and putting them on this ark, Flooding, Raining, all seem to contain one thing in common, Truth that These events that supposedly took place could have very well happened. Even if this is just a made up story,
It still doesn't prove that the Bible doesn't contain history and truth. People always fail to see the meaning behind things.

I have no problem with those who seek meaning from the stories contained within the Bible! I certainly have! It's when those who see it literally try to force their beliefs on others who do not believe that I have a problem. That is becoming a real problem here in the US. I see those who clutch their Bibles tightly (Fundamentalists) condemning those who do not wish to continue a pregnancy, and wish to take the choice away from them, but not one of them is willing to step forward and raise one of these unwanted children... I see those who clutch their Bibles tightly calling those who chose to love someone of the same sex immoral and perverse when the choice is a private one and not theirs to make... I see those who clutch their Bibles tightly claim the moral high ground, yet they tend to be the most vile and narrow minded people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting... And I know this to be true, because I used to be one of them...

You are absolutely right. However, there's always going to be extremists on both sides of the fence.

I'm a Christian and I believe that everyone has free will and a right to choose their own destiny.We all know in our hearts what is right and what is wrong, and we all must pay the price for our mistakes.

I believe that when people except things that they know are morally corrupt as the norm, that's where the extremists have there issues. As they feel that society as a whole is becoming morally corrupt.
My personal belief is that the woman who has an abortion is aborting the process of life. That to me is a sin. However, I am not one to judge. She has free will. Most Christians have this view.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I can't make out what you're trying to say here? If someone comes to the conclusion through their own research, study, and prayer....that the Bible was inspired by God......then the fact that they now believe this, is in opposition to the things of God?

I don't get it.

Do you know and understand, or do you believe?

A man can walk around a repeat/accept "1+1=2". But is it really of value if he doesn't know and understand the math and such behind it?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Does Paul come after the death of Jesus? YES.

I didn't pull anything out of thin air, you did. Because according to you, what Jesus really meant was - "That which comes after that which comes after me".

Who comes after Jesus? The self proclaimed aposolte who's writings make up half the NT, where he teaches people to call him father and does multiple things against the teachings of Jesus.

Yes that is right, it says after Jesus. Not after you are born.

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

I rarely call him "God", I usually call him father - and there is a reason for it.

This does not make any sense to me, And you have not given me any proof or theory to back your claim. Yeah, Paul came after Jesus, So did many many, many others. If you wanted to you could put the Holy Ghost there to fit your theory. Point is you have no evidence and only speculation, and no reasonable person would believe this garbage.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

This does not make any sense to me, And you have not given me any proof or theory to back your claim. Yeah, Paul came after Jesus, So did many many, many others. If you wanted to you could put the Holy Ghost there to fit your theory. Point is you have no evidence and only speculation, and no reasonable person would believe this garbage.

No, you can't put the Holy Ghost there because Jesus talks about that coming in a good way. He says Prince of this world. Holy Spirit - not of this world.

Amazing the lengths you will go in order to avoid the truth.

Furthermore, while "many many many others" have come after Jesus, Paul is the one who's writings make up nearly half the NT, and only Paul was a self appointed Apostle and on and on.

Paul who claims to be the leader of the gentiles. The same gentiles Jesus said not to go to. Paul who tells people to call him father, Jesus who says call no man your father except god(Paul/Church taking the place of god).

etc etc etc. Have a nice day, it's off topic and just a repeat of the same discussion we had last week when you did the same lame things in response. If you would like to start a topic on it, I'll be happy to reply and debate it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well what non-believers don't get is that the miracles that are listed in the Bible are listed there because they are miracles. The problem is first understanding the concept of a miracle.

Exactly. When god wants to perform an abortion trivial things like the laws of nature aren't going to stand in the way.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Its going to happen again so I guess this time we should do some proper record keeping and preparation.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
and as an aside, arguing the paul non/paul NT issue seems strange, especially using NT quotes most likely written by paul, plus omitting all of the other written sources from that time that the romans left out of the censored bible. Its a pretty vicious circle of lies theyve built for themselves.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

No, you can't put the Holy Ghost there because Jesus talks about that coming in a good way. He says Prince of this world. Holy Spirit - not of this world.
Does the Bible mention that Paul was prince of this world? can you show me anything that refers to Paul as prince of this world? I didn't think so.

Amazing the lengths you will go in order to avoid the truth.
If you can show me any proof what so ever that leads me to believe otherwise so be it. You have not shown me anything.

Furthermore, while "many many many others" have come after Jesus, Paul is the one who's writings make up nearly half the NT, and only Paul was a self appointed Apostle and on and on.
where does it say that Paul is self appointed? and what do the writings have to do with anything?

Paul who claims to be the leader of the gentiles. The same gentiles Jesus said not to go to. Paul who tells people to call him father, Jesus who says call no man your father except god(Paul/Church taking the place of god).

Where does it say that Paul claimed to be leader of the Gentiles?Paul ministered to the Gentiles the Good News of Jesus.

etc etc etc. Have a nice day, it's off topic and just a repeat of the same discussion we had last week when you did the same lame things in response. If you would like to start a topic on it, I'll be happy to reply and debate it.

This seems like a good Idea.Stick to one topic though.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777
You must believe the word, no matter how ridiculous the claim maybe. Extraordinary claims do not require extraordinary evidence at all. If the bible said that there was a flying cupcake monster pirating DVD's back in biblical times, do not question the claim, simply embrace it.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe it has another meaning to it, other than to be "literal"?

I mean it's not like we ever see stories that aren't "literally real", but still have deep meaning for us otherwise. That never happens. Surely the Matrix movie was trying to suggest that the machines and Neo were 100% literal and there was no useful meaning to it otherwise.

Obviously the book Moby-Dick was just about some crazy captain and a white whale.

What is your point above?? perhaps you could just be quite...keep your limited comment to yourself...and actually READ and comprehend what the OP IS STATING. DID THE OP STATE THAT HE BELIEVES THIS AS A HISTORY BOOK???
no he is implying saying that THOSE WHO DO take it literal, that here is proof that it is NOT LITERAL. NO where did he say he took it literal, and that this is the truth. You telling him and bashing him that HES TAKING IT LITERAL is rather stupid and redundant. Please in the future people, if your going to be on the internet, please take the time to use some of your intelligence to understand what your reading, and the points of which.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

This I have absolutely no problem with. In the end, we are each on a path of our own and we have only ourselves to hold accountable for that path. It is never acceptable for others to insist which path should be taken due to their own beliefs. This is where the average 'fundie' comes in. 'Cuz the Bible say's so!' is not a valid reason to control the decisions of others.

I find it completely ironic that I have been called ignorant in this thread when I have a large collection of books on every religion and spiritual belief system on the planet (that I am aware of), including four different 'versions' of the Bible (one being Latin), and those who accuse me of said ignorance probably don't know even the basic precepts of any other religion. I find it ironic that I have been accused of narrowmindedness when I have exposed myself to every bit of spiritual knowledge I could find. I find it ironic that I have been accused of having a stubborn mindset when I continually question my own beliefs (which I have not shared, nor do I ever try to shove onto others, unlike the 'fundies'). The hypocracy show thus far by the obvious 'fundies' is simply mindnumbing!

I do not have an issue with Christianity, just the 'extremists' who refer to themselves as Fundamentalists. I have a problem with all such types regardless of Religion they belong to. I find it funny that those who bomb abortion clinics are not called terrorists, for there is no difference between them and members of Al Qeada. I would also point out that there is an extremely fine line between Fundamentalist and Terrorist...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Shane

I'm not sure whether you are more ignorant than arrogant or the other way around... DEADLY COMBINATION! Scary thing is that it's people like you that make me absolutely HATE Fundamentalists! You cherry pick quotes, make stuff up at an alarming rate, and then pat yourselves on the back for doing such a good job! Try rereading the linked post I'm replying to and ask yourself, "What would Jesus think???" I'm sure he's ashamed of you! You just prove that those who adhere to Organized Religions are indeed weak minded fools!

First: And now you know how "Other's" feel and think when reviewing your Posts.

YOU, "cherry pick quotes, make stuff up at an alarming rate, and then pat yourselves on the back for doing such a good job!"

And it must be a terrible thing to harbour such hatered for others and the views they have. You should see some clergy about this and see if this Demon of Hate, can be cast out of thee.

Maybe those who would feel inclined to do so, could open a Post and utilize the Power of Prayer to see whether or not you could be cleansed of this unclean spirit,.. or at least obtain some courtesy, if not manners. That would be a good thing too.

We would really only need three of four people who cared for you,...Oh Damm. Not going to work, is it? 3 or 4 people who care for you!

And "What would Jesus think?"

I believe he would still pray for you since he loves ALL mankind. Despite their failings and shortcomings. "Father, forgive him, because he knows not what he does".

Second: I am a Christain, not a doormat.

I have no affiliations with any sect of Christainity.
I am not a Fundy, nor am I a YEC.

I just love GOD, and the Gift he gave the world.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Talk about an "I'm rubber and you're glue" reply...

And if you're not a Fundie nor a YEC, then what the hell are you defending them for???

BTW, you showed your ignorance with your first post by your uninformed use of the origin of the word 'myth' (which a simple Google search would have shown you your error, but then again, it was probably intentional deciet). Hard to take you seriously ever again when you blatantly just lie your arse off with the first post...

And I would never refer to you as a doormat... I actually have a use for a doormat...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Shane

Talk about an "I'm rubber and you're glue" reply...

Well, it could have been I'm Gumby, and your Pokey, but that's another topic, I'm sure you'll blame GOD over in the coming weeks and months.

And if you're not a Fundie nor a YEC, then what the hell are you defending them for???

First
I will defend ANYONE'S RIGHT to believe as they wish and how they wish. It is not our job to tell others what to think, no matter how enlightened you may have become.
You may offer an opinion, and give supportive review material to suggest your opinion maybe a valid consideration, but it is not yours to be condesending to those who do not BELIEVE ACCORING TO JAXONROBERTS, and tell them to get their heads out of the Ancient Texts, so to speak.

And most certainly, it is not your RIGHT TO SPEW HATEFUL VIEWS against any group in this Forum, regardless if they make you froth at the mouth or not. It reminds me of those Pictures you yourself posted. (KKK, Kosovo, Etc) You are presenting the same mindset "Those" others are most famous for. Intolerance.

No, when I came to ATS, it was a forum where views, pro and con, where offered in the spirit of seeking knowledge. Diverse opinions on varing subjects offered in an effort of building a better understanding of many complex and quite possibly touchy subjects. It was to the benefit of those who opted to partake, as well as those who simply reviewed subject matter. The bottomline was that Ideals and Points of Views where offered freely and openly, and without having some FN nutball spewing crap for the sake of spewing.

Second
There is also the arrogant assertions implied within your Post Title, " Proof Positive that the Bible isn't a History Book: The Myth of Noah's Ark".

Hello!!! Earth calling JaxonGod

The Bible is an Historical account of Adam and his Family from the Garden to Bethlehem. But it is also teaches us Spiritual lessons, as well as being a Prophetic Text.

Your Title doesn't just offend the one's you intended to offend, but obviously many others.

BTW, you showed your ignorance with your first post by your uninformed use of the origin of the word 'myth' (which a simple Google search would have shown you your error, but then again, it was probably intentional deciet). Hard to take you seriously ever again when you blatantly just lie your arse off with the first post...

Oh to the Good GoooOogling gods
And you believe everything your read on the Internet??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join