It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grinches robbing US poor at Christmas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The weird thing is, these don't seem to be items that would do well on the black market...so there must be some other motive behind the crimes...not just money...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok,
I would tend to agree with that, but unless they are found you will never really know. As some one said something to the effect earlier, you can sell about anything on ebay.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by juzchilln

Who is going with the story given?

The facts are some scum bag (regardless of who they are) stole toys from kids who do not have anything. I don’t care who they are they are greedy self serving jerk offs who deserve some strict punishment.

I don’t know who stole the toys I don’t care where they came from or if they work for the organization. They point is they have little or no soul to steal from toys from kids.

What does it matter if they work for the organization or not? They are still a thief no? Not once did I say they did not work for the organization. My only thing is that they stole toys from kids. No matter who they are a thief is a thief, these thieves are even worse than a normal thief though. I say break out your torch on whomever it is that stole the toys.

Raist

That's exactly the point I'm trying to communicate. You are going with the story you're given. You have absolutely no other information other than what you were fed. I agree, if the story was fact, then I would get understand your position. But when it comes to my emotions, I've learned not to have them seeded by media.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
These Canadian grinches bypassed ebay. They found a market for lower priced toys.

Actually, this grinchy spirit of Christmas abounds throughout the year. I recently sold my 22 year old vehicle (with sound engine/trans, frame, interior, and new tires, but very tired) to someone who desperately needed one just to go to work. I only took what $ this person offered, even though I could have gotten 2 1/2 times that.

Here's the point, a co-worker said he knew a used car dealer (who specializes in junker cars basically for poor people, those with no/little money for even a down) who would have put it on his lot for 8 times what I sold it for, perhaps taken what the buyer could afford for a down, then written up his own high interest financing agreement (knowing the buyer either had no/bad credit or no where else to finance).

Once the buyer couldn't make a payment (which frequently happened as part of his game), he would repoe the vehicle, already having the buyer's down (which probably amounted to all the vehicle was worth anyway), then he would display it on the lot again, waiting for the next poor buyer.

The check cashing businesses that began springing up over a dozen years ago (a sure sign as long ago as then that the economy was on thinner and thinner ice) also prey on the poor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join