It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another skull found on Mars!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
acutly schmid with all the science evedence found so far its looking more and more like mars has life on it .
maby just bactiera but life never the less . The only evedence left to prove it is something crawilng around in a ptre dish.
methien in mars air oxgean in mars air liquid water that has flowed reciently on the survice of mars . foslized bactiera found in mars meteros (more then 1 metor at this point . the pioneer had 17 different experments desined to detect life 16 DID .
if this was civil court mars would be guilty of harbering life.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I knew I was going to get alot of negitive feedback and that is ok because everyone is allowed their own opinion. That is what makes life worth living.

But it still looks like a skull in my honest opinion. We wont know for sure until an astranaut is allowed to go to Mars... but even if he is allowed he will most certainly not be allowed anywhere near these kinds of sites.

Stari

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

don't feel bad about the negative feedback. There is a lot of proof backing what you say.
Though I think it looks more like a statue than a skull...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
After 3-4 hard drink's now. And conformation from my wife. I (we) have decided it's still a rock.

And how is that rock defying gravity... If the light source is coming from upper left (casting shadow towards lower right) and that is by some miracle a skull/body-less statue... How is it not rolling down the hill?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
it looks like ziggys head from buck rogers.

me thinks

www.jeffbots.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 18-12-2009 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Hey wow, look at that, I didn't know they had rocks on mars.

I know our brains are designed to pick out face like patterns amidst almost anything but that doesn't make every rock on mars a fossilized bone or artifact of some kind. I can look at a rock and make something out of it if I use my imagination too, I used to do it when I was six and pretend I was uncovering dinosaur bones. Vivid imaginations does not equal proof of aliens on Mars.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Dont you love it when you lie on your back on a nice summers day staring at the big puffy cumulus?

Keep looking and you can see all sorts of stuff. Cats, Dragons, chess Pieces, umbrellas, Symbols etc etc

Its great fun.

Oh, I think this is a rock.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
These kinds of threads really do get old.

It's a rock. Why does it resemble a face? Read a 7th grade level psychology book. You'll quickly learn that the human face is one of the most distinguishable objects for a human to perceive, if not THE most. Thats why we see faces everywhere. There are faces on sides of cliffs on earth that are undisputed natural formations, but they look like faces because its just so easy.

It's truly amazing to me how unintelligent people can be. Theres such an amazing difference between that rock and a skull.

Finally, if there was ever life on mars, and I don't believe there ever was (but obviously i would give my left arm to be proven wrong with indisputable scientific evidence) You all assume that it would have evolved exactly the same way humans evolved here on earth, when the chances are so mind boggling minimal.

I agree with you in part but I've also seen hundreds of thousands of rocks in my life and really only a dozen or so looked like skulls or heads from statues and i'm far from unintelligent or uneducated.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Thank you OP! I find all these Mars anomalies highly interesting and this one adds to the list. If there has been a civilisation on Mars before, the planet must have gone through some tough changes!

S&F for you.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

*Sigh*

Title Change: Another rock found on Mars.

Seriously. This one isn't even debatable. That's a picture of a rock. I can find more "skull-like" rocks in my own back yard. If I cared about my ATS flags/stars/reputation, I'd start taking pictures immediately.

Cheers,
Strype

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Strype]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
reply to post by Stari

*Sigh*

Title Change: Another rock found on Mars.

Seriously. This one isn't even debatable. That's a picture of a rock. I can find more "skull-like" rocks in my own back yard. If I cared about my ATS flags/stars/reputation, I'd start taking pictures immediately.

Cheers,
Strype

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Strype]

Thank you Strype, will you please do just that? Go grab pictures from your back yard rocks and post them all here
Please
I would love to see just how easy it is to find them, ordinary rocks in our back yards and since you brought up the fact that it can be done I would love to see them all. Post them all

Hows come everyone is ignoring the fact that along with the skull is a bunch of bones in the same area? I think that makes this site pretty remarkable.

Stari

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Does it look like the sculpture of a head? Yes it does. Is it a sculpture? No i don't think so, it's just a rock, as are the other things.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Its a rock the photo in the op source says that it was on this image he found the 'SKULL' marsrovers.nasa.gov...

He should of looked harder i
found A-robots head. B-mini spaceship with door open. C- giant alien skull.
D- a sheep
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47c01e04b2dc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a42522c3f5b.jpg[/atsimg]

Its amazing what you find if you look hard enough especially if youve been told what to look for, if i said there is an otopus in the image you would find a rock that looks like one.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
You guys are going to be so disappointed once you discover the human boot tracks in one of the pictures. You've been had, sorry,

If you mean the track marks in the first pic, I'd guess they are from the rover that took the pic.

There's one pic on there that resembles a 'bone', but it could just as easily be a bone-shaped rock ... To be honest they do all look like rocks to me.

As always, it's just my opinion and I'm open to being convinced otherwise. Those pics by themselves, however, don't quite do it

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I won't comment on the bones. There is clearly a ploughed track of dirt running through the scene like something heavy was dragged through there.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47c01e04b2dc.jpg[/atsimg]

That's not a spaceship! That's a high tech warhead!

No seriously, most of the time it's just our own minds playing us tricks, we want to find artificial things so badly that we end up looking at rocks and thinking they're artifacts.

But i do think Mars is much more interesting than most people think, and there are quite a few anomalies and weird stuff on the planet. Just not in these pics.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It looks like it could be a human head sculptured into a rock that has broken away from something.

But it could also just be a rock...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
First off everyone here who says that it's a rock and you can make out objects in all sorts of things like (rocks, clouds, bathroom floors) well you are all right. I see all sorts of animals and faces on the floor in my bathroom. But I am a reasonable person and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is not an animal or a face on my bathroom floor. Can we say that about what the images are showing us on Mars? I say no. Without being able to pick it up and send it off to a lab for proper analysis I say it's a 50/50 chance of being a skull/rock. I am not willing to dismiss all of the skull images as rocks only because the thought of life on other planets might scare some of you guys. Yes it could be just rocks... but it also could be just a skull and bones.

I'm not trying to be mean I am just trying to say it as I see it. I think some people might be afraid that there might be life out there and those are the people who are most likely to say no its a rock. Well in the Bible it states God created the heavens, that would be other planets and solar systems and so on.

If you are a scientist and talking with us here on this site about science stuff then you should concede to the thought that Mars is another planet that has water ice on it's surface and if this is true then perhaps all of these images of skulls and bones or even statues were left behind by real people. Perhaps our ancestors.

Stari

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

So. Why are there so many faces and skulls on mars... but never any, say, vertebrae, ribs, or pelvises? I mean for every skull, there's got to be several vertebra, a hip girdle, at least two shoulder blades, and something analogous to a ribcage, right?

Answer; Humans are programmed to see a face in ANYTHING that has even slightly facelike dimensions. Those of you with wood grain on your desk or walls or whatever... Take a look. I'm sure you'll find a face or two. I'm also sure that, unless you're a little on the odd side, you won't find a set of genitals in the same manner.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

It looks like a rock. Nothing more.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join