It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia considering Nukes....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
My problem is you are misrepresenting the facts.

You say Australia is considering nukes. Well Australia is not considering nukes.

That's my problem.

It is not officially policy, or unofficially even being considered, to obtain nuclear weapons.

See the reply by the person above your last post as a good example of the misleading your title is doing..
I know the article got you excited, but you should stop for a moment before rushing to post. Sorry if I was rude or slightly abusive/angry in my initial post.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
they dont seem like fighting people lol i wouldnt expect them to have nukes

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinarg
they dont seem like fighting people lol i wouldnt expect them to have nukes

Are you kidding? Haven't you watched Russle Crow's "Fighting Around The World" show?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tinarg

Get a bit of alcohol into us, and 99% chance of a punch up.

But seriously..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Of course we want nukes. So we can be even more like our "special Friend" America.

Monkey see, monkey do.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Osiris_Caine]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
My understanding has always been that British commonwealth nukes were for all the commonwealth.
That was why they tested nukes in Australia.

Any attack on any commonwealth nation would be a attack on all and Australia, Canada, New Zealand, were all under the protection of British commonwealth nukes. Because all three were involved in building the British nukes.

Are the British no longer planing to use there nukes to protect the rest of the commonwealth.

Plus there is a agreement between the US and the UK on nuke use because we gave the British the bomb.
www.gwu.edu...

[edit on 2-1-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Well I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
Not once was it stated that Aus will be buying. Its is as the article reflects, CONSIDERING. It may or may not happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

You still don't seem to understand the simple fact that the government is not considering nuclear weapons procurement.

It wont even be a priority in 5-10 years time, and never will be unless regional and global stability detereorate to the point were we can no longer count on the United States and other allies to come to our aid in the event of a war/invasion on our soil, which would then lead to the biggest military build up in Australian history and will include (either publicly or secretly) the development/procurement of nuclear weapons.

It's a think tank or whatever that is talking about nukes, not the government.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou
reply to post by GhostR1der

NZ is definitely nuclear free

New Zealand is definitely Nuclear Weapon Free...now that the Yankees are not welcome with their obfuscation as policy.

Ape and Essence for the win!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12
reply to post by The_Seeker

You still don't seem to understand the simple fact that the government is not considering nuclear weapons procurement.

It may not need to if it already has sufficient inventory. It may also be possible that being classed as "Top Secret" the current political administration has absolutely no knowledge of the missile facility in the North West Cape and that some form of continuity of Commonwealth Government controls the Nukes here in Oz.

Think about that!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
" the current political administration has absolutely no knowledge of the missile facility in the North West Cape and that some form of continuity of Commonwealth Government controls the Nukes here in Oz.

except that there is no missile facility at North West Cape, and no nukes in Australia!b The base is in fact now run by Boeing under contract - there have been no US personel there since 1993
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Only a very few people would know if we do or don't have the weapons,

we do have nuclear armed allies which would put us under their blanket protection and does keep us relatively safe.

Nukes used against Australia itself would be a waste of time and effort, the inhabitable parts of Australia are on the coast, nuke the coasts and you are left with 1 big desert in the middle.

As an Aussie, you would have to assume that we have some nasty weapons being stored in our allie bases throughout Australia, hardly information the politicians want to get out,
Keven Rudd would hate to tarnish his Brown nose image now would he.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

" the current political administration has absolutely no knowledge of the missile facility in the North West Cape and that some form of continuity of Commonwealth Government controls the Nukes here in Oz.

except that there is no missile facility at North West Cape, and no nukes in Australia!b The base is in fact now run by Boeing under contract - there have been no US personel there since 1993
en.wikipedia.org...

I don't want to appear to be disrespectful but that base you are referring to is not the base I am referring to my friend. The facility I have been told about is all underground with no on site personnel.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

The facility I have been told about is all underground with no on site personnel.

except that there is no such facility....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

If you're not talking about Harold Holt station.

Where are you talking about.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Sorry I missed that post somehow, I want to add the validity of your account by saying I talked recently with an Oil Executive who now lives in this country who had CIA clearances that he was flown over this silo 30 years ago and shown the facility from the air. He said they appeared to be Minute Men but he could not confirm that with any assurance.

This is what I typed and I am going on real conversations I had with a person who seems genuine, I am not going to be goaded into making claims I know the name and exact location of the said facility because I don't know.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm certain we've had nuclear weapons here for a very long time. Plenty of places to hide them.

Whether they're ours or not is a different story.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

who had CIA clearances

slight problem, "CIA clearances" mean nothing at all in Australia

that he was flown over this silo 30 years ago and shown the facility from the air. He said they appeared to be Minute Men

problem with that tall tale is if they did exist, why were they open, and why fly someone over them....

y because I don't know.

of course you do not know, they do not exist!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I thought the talk was about nuclear power stations not weapons!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

You are obviously only interested in trolling and not true discussion but to indulge you a little....absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

To claim you know there isn't a facility is absurd unless you are an insider, government official with clearances, High ranking Military officer, ASIO officer, ect.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join