It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inconvenient truth for Al Gore as his North Pole sums don't add up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Inconvenient truth for Al Gore as his North Pole sums don't add up

Mr Gore, speaking at the Copenhagen climate change summit, stated the latest research showed that the Arctic could be completely ice-free in five years.

In his speech, Mr Gore told the conference: “These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years.”

However, the climatologist whose work Mr Gore was relying upon dropped the former Vice-President in the water with an icy blast.

“It’s unclear to me how this figure was arrived at,” Dr Maslowski said. “I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this.”

Mr Gore’s office later admitted that the 75 per cent figure was one used by Dr Maslowksi as a “ballpark figure” several years ago in a conversation with Mr Gore.

Source

What has Gore got himself into? I beckon he should have realized when he was lying to everyone about climate related issues that things may come back to bite him in the a**. I still think this is just the beginning of the climate related issues; the hacked emails were the start of something that is just going to keep growing. Eventually we will find out the truth and who knows what that really is? Maybe no one does since everybody has been falsifying climate data... maybe no one actually has taken down the real data so we will never have the correct figures.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Do you have any sources on this information?

As Much as I love a good old fashioned Gore bash, I like to see sources

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

My bad, I forgot to add it in the OP. I edited it, it now contains the source.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Funny, Americans always bring up Gore when it comes to Global Warming... You know, the majority of the rest of the world thinks GW a real threat, and they could care less about Al Gore.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Well Gore does have some say when it comes to the whole climate debate since he sort of was involved with it all... although he lied so what he has to say now really means nothing.

I don't perceive Gore as any type of 'threat' other than that he possibly lied about climate issues that may be important to us. I was just reporting the news, I didn't make it

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Np highly XD just kinda an observation of the global warming debate from a global level... You hear so much about the US and the EU, You dont often hear from the NZ, Ausies, Africans on the matter. Whos nations it can effect faster then ours.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
Funny, Americans always bring up Gore when it comes to Global Warming... You know, the majority of the rest of the world thinks GW a real threat, and they could care less about Al Gore.

A majority of people used to think the sun was a god.Bottom line is that does not make it real.If the majority of the people are given wrong information and do nothing to verify the facts it is nothing more than a belief.And there was millions of those that have been proved wrong.

How can you not even question why supposed scientists specifically write code to alter the results.Then manipulate data to supposedly better prove there theory.Then when confronted with the manipulation conveniently lose the raw data??????

The latest revelation came on Sunday with the publication of a report by The Sunday Times of London that scientists at the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit in the United Kingdom confessed to throwing out most of the raw temperature data on which the theory of global warming is founded.

And i find it convenient that this data disappeared when they realized it could be requested under freedom of information.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

The majority of people then not quite as educated as we are now.. Now, you talked a lot about the majority of people dont listen to facts etc, yet you brought up not 1 single fact.. AND fact is, most of the anti GW people never been open enough to actually look into the science other then what given to them from FOX news, the Bush admin or these "teabaggers" whos main funding is the energy industry.

When you really get into the science of it, and you really start to learn about it, get ahold of me and we can chat more!

[edit on 15-12-2009 by ShogunAssassins]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Here a small example of what and who you are following.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
i really think there is plenty of evidence to support choosing to NOT listen to politicians and business people on the issue and ONLY listen to the science. The government / business are in the business of 'selling' things. Science is in the business of studying things.

While the government and business will have to play rolls in just about every form of action taken to move from abusers to stewards of the earth, they are not needed to 'sell' reality as they do such a poor job of being honest.

As ShogunAssassins says, it is funny how much people choose to pay attention to Gore. He is a jack-ass along with the rest of his cohort. I am a crunchy-mo-fo and I think Gore is an ass, of course it is going to be easy to point out. Doing so detracts from nothing but open and honest debate of the issue at hand - the human link.

My 2-cents.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Np highly XD just kinda an observation of the global warming debate from a global level... You hear so much about the US and the EU, You dont often hear from the NZ, Ausies, Africans on the matter. Whos nations it can effect faster then ours.

Thats cause global warmings a loada bollox !

[edit on 15-12-2009 by ProRipp]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

No, these are very green nations who support GW.. You should read up before going into it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

reply to post by ProRipp

No, these are very green nations who support GW.. You should read up before going into it.

I have and it's a scam to tax the people !

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

So, will you put on a gas mask attached to the exhaust pipe of a runing car and wear it all day to prove there no harm XD

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Have you any scientific data to back this stuff up? Where are you getting this information about global warming affecting certain parts of the planet first?

I mean it is a GLOBAL warming right? Should we pay special attention to certain areas of it?

[edit on 15-12-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by ProRipp

So, will you put on a gas mask attached to the exhaust pipe of a runing car and wear it all day to prove there no harm XD

Your Mad !

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I did read that the north and south pole caps will be gone in 5 to 7 years now instead of 50 years so..............Gone.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
I did read that the north and south pole caps will be gone in 5 to 7 years now instead of 50 years so..............Gone.

And you believe EVERYTHING you read yeah ? I read miss piggy was leavin the muppets but she's still there !

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The whole fact that AGW is so politicized and is being used as a method to redistribute wealth and do absolutely nothing about climate change itself, lends a hand to my lack of credibility of anything that is released by the media, government, or idiots like Al Gore who later retract statements due to overexagurrating the facts.

5-7 years for no more ice? The scientist who AG cited as to supplying that information said he would never say such things. Not to mention, according to Gore, the earth's core is MEEEEEELIONS of degrees, lol-- what a joke.

Climate change will exist no matter if humans existed or not-- it has for billions of years, far earlier then even the dinosaurs. The question is, have (we) effected it in a way to speed up or slow down the natural climate cycle?

Our 300-400 years of tracking it, hell even ice cores going back up to 12,000 years ago-- isn't enough to provide enough information compared to the 4,000,000,000+ some odd years our planet has been around-- naturally changing temperature, climate and atmospheric compositions without our help.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by SlasherOfVeils]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Do you really need scientific proof to show you weather patterns dif in other parts of the world?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join