It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom Isn't Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Freedom is very expensive.

How do you think the Founding Fathers financed the American Revolution and Declared Independence from England?

They grew lots of hemp and used it to create a money supply through industrial use.

For those of you who willl undoubtedly deny the need for legalized marijuana and claim that supporters of marijuana legalization are all just a bunch of stoners, let's remember that marijuana is a major part of the reason the United States of America became a free country in the first place. It is time to take our country back from the bankers and the movement towards One Word Government.

With a failing economy and US Dollar, I say it is time to go back to the basics.

Viva La Revolution!

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Amazing Facts About Hemp

Hemp and History

Until 1883, 75-90% of all paper in the U.S. was made with hemp.

Hemp seed was the # 1-selling bird feed; 4 million pounds were sold in the U.S. in 1937.

In the mid-to-late 1800's the 2nd & 3rd most commonly used medications were concentrated cannabis extracts and resins (a.k.a. hashish).

A bridge in the south of France dated at 500-700 A.D. was built with a mixture of hemp.

In 1941 Henry Ford built a car with a plastic made from hemp and wheat straw.

Until 1937 70-90% of all rope and twine was made with hemp.

Both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew hemp on their plantations.

In 1850 the U.S. Census reported 8,327 hemp plantation of at least 2000 acres in size. Not counted were thousands of smaller crops.

The original Levi Strauss jeans were made from hemp.

In 1942 the U.S. government strongly encouraged hemp cultivation to help with the war effort, going so far as to produce a film entitled "Hemp For Victory".

The version of the Declaration of Independence released on July 4, 1776 was written on hemp.

Hemp and Industry

There are over 25,000 known uses for hemp.

The heating and compressing of hemp fibers can create building materials superior to wood in strength, quality and cost.

Hemp is heat, mildew, pest, light, and rot resistant.

Hemp fabric is softer, warmer, more water resistant and more durable than cotton. Hemp fabric also uses less chemicals to produce.

Industrial uses of hemp in China date as far back as 10,000 years.

Hemp as a Fuel Source

A bio-diesel fuel is one made from hemp oil, vegetable oil, or other animal fat. The original idea wax developed in 1895 by Dr. Rudolph Diesel, who developed the first engine than ran on vegetable oil. He demonstrated the engine at the 1900 World Exhibition in Paris, France, running the engine on peanut oil.

Hemp can be blended with diesel fuel in any ratio or used alone.

Biodiesel fuel is the only alternative fuel that can be used as-is, in any un-modified diesel engine.

The increased use of biodiesel fuels would reduce dependence on foreign sources while increasing national agricultural jobs and revenues.

The flashpoint of petroleum fuel is 125 degrees Fahrenheit while the flashpoint of biodiesel fuels is 300 degrees Fahrenheit.

Biodiesel fuels have been used successfully in Europe for over 20 years.

Hemp as a Profitable Crop

Hemp is cold hardy, able to withstand even NH winters.

Hemp is pest resistant ( except from the 2-legged kind)

Hemp is draught resistant

It is estimated that if 6% of the continental U.S. planted with hemp would provide for all national energy needs.

Hemp has a production rate of up to 10 tons per acre, every 4 months.

1 acre of usable hemp fiber is equal to the usable fiber of 4 acres of trees or 2 acres of cotton.

Trees mature in 50-100 years; hemp matures in as little as 100 days.

The University of Missouri estimates that an average-size metropolitan area production of 100 million gallons of biodiesel fuel could generate $8.34million in personal income and 6000 temporary and permanent jobs. (Ref: National Biodiesel Board)

In 1776 a hemp shirt cost .50 cents to $1.00; a cotton shirt cost $100-$200

Hemp and the Environment

Biodiesel fuels emit 80% less carbon dioxide & nearly 100% less sulfur dioxide.

Hemp paper can be recycled up to seven (7) times; wood pulp paper can be recycled four (4) times.

Hemp fuels do not destroy the ozone layer or contribute to global warming.

Hemp fuels burn clean; they do not cause acid rain.

Hemp fuel is 10 times less toxic than salt, and as biodegradable as sugar.

drugwarfacts.org.../44

[edit on 14-12-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Yes despite its many uses it is not really used that much today. I mean you COULD go and find crap made out of hemp but it would really just to have something made out of hemp.
I could write something a lot like this about slavery, just because americans used to do it does not make it better.

For those of you who willl undoubtedly deny the need for legalized marijuana and claim that supporters of marijuana legalization are all just a bunch of stoners...

Well before you start with a strawman argument you should check some of the "facts" that you posted. I mean only a stoner would just believe anything he is told.

Freedom Isn't Free

What??????

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Yes, but frankly I am not here to spread the legalization movement around.

I say f' em.

Incompetent political leaders will no longer reign!

We don't need their answers to the problems they create to sway political opinions.

We need to excercise our own leadership for the betterment of society.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
$1.05

Freedom should be free.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

what???
You did not really respond to anything i have said. you just said yes then went on to ramble not really saying anything.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

"Over 25,000 products can be manufactured from hemp, from cellophane to dynamite."
Popular Mechanics, 1938

Actually, this is happening right now....

DEA surrender in the battle against hemp food products
www.chanvre-info.ch...

Victory for hemp industry
www.nutraingredients-usa.com...

North American Industrial Hemp Council
www.naihc.org...

H.R. 1009 Introduced in Congress
Bill Would Allow States to Legally Grow Hemp
www.industrialhemp.net...

Hemp and Organic Cotton
www.hempfair.com...

Hemp - A Viable Choice for Cloth Diapering
www.thediaperhyena.com...

Folks, that last link was the one we really need to pay heed to. Making diapers from hemp. There was a time when I hauled over 50 loads of building material from a building being torn down to a local landfill, the locals there call it "Mount Trashmore." When I looked at the face of the trash, where the trucks would drop their loads, I noticed one thing that made me sick. Over 90% of the face was plastic disposable diapers. They made the entire face of the trash white, and people, plastic never, ever goes away.

The growing of Industrial Hemp, and a few manufacturing plants to make the products could easily take America from being broke to being flush, we could in fact pay off the National Debt, and tell the FED to go to hell. Made in the U.S.A. could become the word of the day again, and from all of the billions of seeds that would come of this, press them and you get fuel that will run a car engine.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Yes despite its many uses it is not really used that much today. I mean you COULD go and find crap made out of hemp but it would really just to have something made out of hemp.
I could write something a lot like this about slavery, just because americans used to do it does not make it better.

For those of you who willl undoubtedly deny the need for legalized marijuana and claim that supporters of marijuana legalization are all just a bunch of stoners...

Well before you start with a strawman argument you should check some of the "facts" that you posted. I mean only a stoner would just believe anything he is told.

Freedom Isn't Free

What??????

Listen. I understand that you may feel negatively towards people who regularly smoke marijuana, for whatever reason. But what you are saying right now is just mean-spirited. I didn't bother to read the entire thing because it just didn't seem interesting, but what he posted before was justifiable.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
only radioactive materials,nerve agents and live viruses should be illegal for private citizens.

considering the outright fascism governments(and certain web sites*cough) are using to maintain the status quo and are STILL losing their war on drugs I think those responsible should be held accountable.
that is why even though I'm a libertarian i will never support bob barr.

i'd explain more but i can't because ats obviously profits in some way from things staying the way they are and will censor me or just close the thread.

I've only been a member here for 1 month but have already seen 5 threads closed.
(to whoever is the censoring censor guy/gal)
just remember YOUR children will have to grow up and live in the world YOU create also.
just keep denying ignorance,as long as big brother approves of the topic

[edit on 27-12-2009 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

new topics

top topics

join