It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore at climate talks: Polar ice may go in 5 years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I know the man is getting rich off his tall tales.

I wouldn't call it just rich, I think filthy rich fits better, ...

AL Gore: Businessman Of The Year!

Since his election defeat, apart from winning a Nobel Peace prize and an Academy Award, he’s landed numerous $175,000 speaking gigs and his stock in Google and Apple that he received as a board advisor is reportedly worth nearly $35 million. Plus he’s started a carbon credit trading company and his networth is supposedly north of $100 million!

But does anybody know how much of his fortune he is returning in order to make the world a cleaner place?

Couldn't find hardly anything about how charitable he is though, ...

SOURCE

The last two Democratic Party nominees for President have come up short on the charity scale. Al Gore has been famously stingy when it comes to actually giving his own money to charities. In 1998 he was embarrassed when his tax returns revealed that he gave just $353 to charity.

Gore’s office initially defended the action, claiming that the Gores had often given “food and clothing to the homeless.”

Guess he doesn't put much "stock" in charities.

[edit on 12/14/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
In 1998 he was embarrassed when his tax returns revealed that he gave just $353 to charity.

lol, go there gore and helping others.

What did jesus say about rich people and heaven

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
how strange we have for several years in a row the strongest and coldest winters in a decade or so and we have blizards across nothern parts of USA lately..
we have snow in spain today its extremly cold and getting even colder the coming days in Europe.
It might it even snow this weeks end and the conference people may get stuck in copenhagen due too that and we have global warming??
the ice caps are shrinking if its freezing all over the northern hemisphere? strange.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

That s why TPTB call it "climate change"-it ain't global warming anymore like a couple of years back.

"Climate change" allows them to STILL say "we told you so" see...

Could you make it up? A planet where the leaders take all the money off the masses to get fat,while the masses suffer...

Reminds me of some "crazy conspiracy theories" I once read on a place that the free ones used to call "the internet."

Ahh,those were the days.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
You know its funny about this..

I try to talk to people about real issues and I get crap like.. "I dont wanna hear it", "Dude its garbage" and things like that about 9/11 government and so on. But people are so convinced that we are the blame for global warming that it isnt even funny.

I really do not understand the thought process of people. They take something that is so far out there and that is fake and turn it into something real, then when that real thing comes along they want nothing to do with it..

What the Hell is the matter with people? Really, I want what drugs they are on to not realize being taxed to breath is a good thing...

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled BS of a life.

because people are these ignorant beings stuck in their own little worlds with more emptiness than brain cells... its no use trying to tell them

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Global Warming is a hoax and that is the inconvenient truth that people don't want to hear, especially those who want govt. expansion.

Polar ice may disappear within 7 years?
Who's buying this?

Where's the real uncompromised scientific community?
Seriously, aren't you wondering where are they?

Data suggests this, data suggests that bla bla bla
Al Gore is an idiot!

And i'm not buying this BS!

Wow, wait a minute, do I actually agree with you for once on a subject? I think that the entire Universe is going to up-end itself, and the Poles will shift after a Black Hole slams into Siberia!

I think that I might even give you an S&F *GASP!*

Nice post

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Would have been nice if a piece of statue was thrown at his face too..

I wish these global elites could be taken out some how.

Edit:

In my neck of the woods we are breaking record cold temps. Better pump more CO2 to combat this cold spell.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by disfugured]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Also, notice how Stossel continually uses "Warmed" as in the Past-tense term, because that is true. The Earth has in fact "Warmed", but it is no longer "Warming". The Planet began a Warming crescendo cycle around 1970 or so, and it peaked in the late 1990's. Not to mention that the latest warming period was actually weaker than the same cyclic warming period experienced in the 1920's to 1930's.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The truth is:

Increasing CO2 levels does increase temperature. That is a scientific fact confirmed by controlled experiments.

Denying that fact is like denying that thicker jackets make you warmer. We all know thicker jackets will make you warmer than thinner jackets of the same material, there is no debate. Now, what if you knew your jacket is getting thicker and thicker every year? You can then predict the effectiveness of your jacket in the future. No matter how hot or cold the temperature gets in the future, you know how much warmer you will be in both cases. You might not care in the winter, but in the summer you will hate having a thicker jacket, and it could even harm you.

Earth's jacket is getting thicker and thicker every year because humans keep making more cars, more babies and drivers, and consuming more, and needing more power.

Denying any of what I said is ignorance at it's best.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I just wish we could predict with 75% certainty that Gore would disappear within 5 years. Maybe the 25,000 ‘endangered’ polar bears could all throw lumps of ice at him…What a total fool. Really they should all get a year of incarceration for every self serving lie they tell, starting now…oops…that’s two life sentences already Fat Al…best to stop speaking altogether…

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
can somebody explain al gore that UK was ones a tropical beachhead.. the country where I life the netherlands was ones mostly sea and tropical beach in east and south east.
we might go back to normal surcomstances like they where milions of years ago..

Temperature ect was only noted and looked at from 1850s in that time people didn't even knew about co2 .
the industrial revolution made steam and coal powered technology posible the early years of the 1900's there was more co2 pollution then nowadays and in those earlie years there were great times of cold ..
Ww2 there was a huge amount of polution and co2 in the air due to warmachines , factory's , fires , ect
in the year 1944 there was one hell of cold winter many people died not due too war but because of freezing temps.

If we have fire we put it out with co2 in some instances ..

So I see massive co2 output in the past but freezing winters , today we see us trying to slowdown or cut co2 emissions and its getting warmer..
so if I was like al gore I could say co2 brings global cooling down but I don't want to make unfunded treaths for my own financial benifits.

So al gore if its geting to warm for you cool down with this ..

just use co2

I dare Al gore to place its hand for the nozzle of a CO2 fire extinguishers and tell me if he gets warm or cold hands.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Can't we get at least one GW backer here on this thread.

Oh, there you are ALLisONE.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Our news here in NZ just had a peice on this and apparently he mis-quoted a advisor of his from a conversation years ago and Gores handlers are trying to play it down.

Ill find the link

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hmm cant find on their website but im sure some other kiwis out there saw this as well

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Denying that fact is like denying that thicker jackets make you warmer. We all know thicker jackets will make you warmer than thinner jackets of the same material, there is no debate. Now, what if you knew your jacket is getting thicker and thicker every year? You can then predict the effectiveness of your jacket in the future. No matter how hot or cold the temperature gets in the future, you know how much warmer you will be in both cases. You might not care in the winter, but in the summer you will hate having a thicker jacket, and it could even harm you.

Earth's jacket is getting thicker and thicker every year because humans keep making more cars, more babies and drivers, and consuming more, and needing more power.

Denying any of what I said is ignorance at it's best.

I'll deny it. Your jacket analogy is flawed. All your jacket does is to prevent the loss of heat that is generated by your body. The insulation qualities of your jacket keeps the heat generated by your body, near your body for a longer period of time. The jacket itself does nothing to create that heat.

When it comes to the Earth, the majority of heat is generated by the Sun. I say majority because there is a minor amount of heat produced by the Earth's core. If your jacket analogy was to hold true, excessive CO2 would actually create Global Cooling, because it would insulate the Earth from the Sun's heat. As I have stated the main concern when I was younger wasn't Global Warming, it was Global Cooling. There were fears of another Ice Age being just around the corner. Scientists at this time were looking at ways to warm the Earth, not cool it. One of their ideas was to use hydrogen bombs to increase the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere, since water vapor was considered to be the most efficient greenhouse gas. Since the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is miniscule when compared to the amount of water vapor, I seriously doubt that CO2 has the effects attributed to it. Form everything I have read, the computer modeling does not take into account the effects of water vapor.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
What i find really sad... How many "truth seekers" we have out there that will buy into what ever BS the energy companies and repubs sell them.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
What i find really sad... How many "truth seekers" we have out there that will buy into what ever BS the energy companies and repubs sell them.

Would you care to enlighten us on what some of this BS is? So far all of the BS I have seen is from the Liberals and environmentalists.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Everything the energy industry has funded? Really, its pretty simple.. Follow the money and who has the most to lose/gain.. It def not the GW supporters.

Only in America and China and Russia do you see this attitude.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by ShogunAssassins]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Climate change talks enter 'important moment'

Yvo de Boer, the executive secretary of the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change, told reporters both large and small countries will have to make concessions in the coming days because "there is still an enormous amount of ground to be covered if this conference is to deliver what people around the world expect it to deliver."

www.washingtonpost.com...

This whole man made climate warming scam is coming full steam. The bolded text is what I wanted people to notice. What is it that people around the world are supposed to be expecting from this climate nonsense?

Gore is a blatant con man. Does he really expect people to believe that we can buy our way out of an ice age? The cave men probably gave all their rocks to the cause but still got flash frozen.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

How about you tell us your scientific qualifications, the research you have done and then explain to us all what causes an ice age and what has caused ice ages in the past.. No speculation please only facts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join