It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is dying, a cancer grows within.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot
The institution of "moderators" should be abolished. No one should be allowed "to moderate" free speech

You do not have free speech here in this forum

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

But....

You forgot page 6 where the poor OP is finally bashed so hard, he's made mince meat of and eaten for breakfast lunch and dinner!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

This is a hasty plea for help. I am being religiously blocked from observing page 9-10 of the ats thread "The Clone conspiracy: royal and presidential clones". Computer freezes no matter what, acts like it HAS NEVER acted. Someone copy these pages before the mods mod it please. Surely there are those who understand this, and have followed that thread. THX

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
All debunkers should officially register on ATS as "debunkers". Anyone caught debunking without prior registration as "debunker" should be immediately banned from ATS.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Careful! There are those that believe free speech means they are able to say whatever, whenever they feel like with out consequences or repercussions!

You are more than correct on your statement though. Moderators serve as a watchdog to the T&Cs of the site, not to the user. We are to moderate ourselves in a manner that conforms to the T&Cs of the site. Since, as far as we all know, we are human, we know that we do not always have 100% perfect decorum and sometimes overstep the boundaries given. Moderators are there to gently guide us back to that point and remind us of the rules we all agreed to when we signed up.

Tis amazing how though after playing around with this thread, I decide to look at another one, and low and behold....someone just wants to antagonize for the sake of antagonizing, rather than for intellectual enlightenment or expansion.

Lead a horse to water......

A bit of post script...do people just habitually "flag" every thread they decide to read? I am confounded as to why a thread as this has 33

[edit on 14-12-2009 by ownbestenemy]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Im fairly new on this forum, not with the matter though.

The only way to prevent people finding "truth" is, first, by creating multiple "truths" and to blur the infogathering. Second create a hype of the investigation in order to attract lots of peepz that want to join the hype, just because its a hype. We all know that hypes kill itselves, by the overflow of non-information, greediocracy and dumbness

In the end, the "real" truth or "real" thesis will be questioned and dismissed in such a way that there will be no or little room to elborate them. Besides that the real" truth or "real" thesis will be hard too find, and if found, will be judge as disinfo.

If you want to kill conspiracy kill it with conspiracy.
(not that I want or need to)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Anyone see page 9 or 10 of clone conspiracy: royal and presidential clones? I have put up a new window about 8 times just to attempt to read these two forbidden pages. If I use a tab for this, the computer needs to be rebooted. With a new window, I only have to close the window once it jams, and try again. It is futile.

All you need to prove conspiracy, imo, is to start finding out what THEY don't want you to know. Right here on ats.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Oh-so much better, Now the entire topic is slammed shut. Ought to be ashamed of yourself. Is this going to help the site ranking?

I am trying to help 'mankind', despite that I have been branded as 'whack' for my efforts.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Not only that, but everything is so sensationalized...which is then met with more "flare" in the form of

!!!!
**BREAKING**
!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!! (!!!)

It's like a yelling match with call capital letters and exclamation points everywhere.

Whatever happened to calm, civilized communication? I feel like these posts are being written by teenagers who need a better outlet. It's very distasteful and turns me away from the site.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Sounds more like the OP is upset at constantly being proven wrong and/or illogical. I understand how that could be frustrating, but blaming it on some grand conspiracy is pretty ridiculous. Maybe the OP needs to think through his or her posts and do some research before posting them. If they are so easy to debunk by using a search engine and the OP suggests, it sounds like his theories and posts are lazy and naive.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I see no problem with debunkers. That is how you get the truth out. If your theory can't take a hit from some counter thoughts, then it didn't have a leg to stand on in the first place.

I will take the info given, use my knowledge base and research and make the best decision I can.

I do not see anything wrong with this.

The three problems I see are:
A. Some people have no respect for others, especially someone that disagrees with them

B. Some people can not admit that someone else is right. I have my thoughts but I have admitted that others theories have made me rethink my stance. But others are always going to believe their stance even when hit in the face with a book of proof.

C. Some will always think it is duck people from Omicron Persia 8 that are here to enslave the leaders of Earth for the goal of bread crumbs for all ducks

I will register as a debunker if need to
, but just remember that without debunkers, there will not be people there to make you do all of your research and work out the flaws you have.

And by the way No I am not a governemt debunker, disinfo agent.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Seems like many of the responses in this thread have made a part of the OPs point.

Rudeness, personal attacks, one sided thinking.

We can't all be right all of the time but we can pe polite and reasonable.

It goes a long way when we try to interact in a mature and cheerful manner even when some people are obviously too childish or self centered to do so.

I don't think there is a cure all for the way things have been going but some consideration and courtesy would help a great deal.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

I read a bit of your post, got the point, and decided there was no reason to read further.

I will say only this to you: that I, and others like me, shall always be a thorn in the side of those who want to propagate their brain-damaging rubbish in public forums. There is enough stupidity of the ordinary kind in the world as it is; there is no need for cranks, space cadets and paranoiacs to add to the store of it.

The world can do with less cargo-cult 'science', right-wing xenophobia, warmed-over old wive's tales and outbreaks of Chicken Little hysteria. As far as I am concerned, Above Top Secret is an arena where the gladiators of truth slay monsters of stupidity, dishonesty and venality before an audience of thousands in the interests of public enlightenment. Be warned. We're coming for you.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
Anyone see page 9 or 10 of clone conspiracy: royal and presidential clones? I have put up a new window about 8 times just to attempt to read these two forbidden pages. If I use a tab for this, the computer needs to be rebooted. With a new window, I only have to close the window once it jams, and try again. It is futile.

All you need to prove conspiracy, imo, is to start finding out what THEY don't want you to know. Right here on ats.

I went and looked and that thread and those pages are up and just find. Sounds more like your computer has issues. Sounds like you have low system resources and maybe outdated processors. Anyways, point is, it isn't the site blocking you buddy. Calm down.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
So now we lable the one who ask for answers as "debunker"?

I think some things need to be questioned seriously because of their consequencies if they are not, some others not so much...like crop circles, they are often buitiful and have some meening..thats it. But if X says ET are comming to eat your children and they are right now outside saturn i will question it, it needs to be questioned.
No need to disrespect anyone in any case but when it happens just ignore that person, you will not read his/hers posts any more. I also think we have a good level of free speach here on ats.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I have to contribute to this, as it is proving my image of ATS correct.

We have a rise in absolutist conviction. Or as others call it, fundamentalists.

These people want to believe what they want to believe so badly, that their CONVICTION blinds them to the truth. My thread on something similar to this (about religious conviction on ATS) discusses a similar theme - www.abovetopsecret.com...

These people (like the OP) are enemies of truth. They do not want their subjects scrutinised or analysed. They do not want their wonderful idea totally debunked - as it shows up their poorly based convictions, and as such they get laughed out of the room for being so stupid. That's the risk you take if you participate on the internet - its open - so you'd better be ready to take the flak if you cock it up.

Seriously, stop whining and take it like an upstanding human being. You can do better, just up your game, and stop believing everything you read in the Fortean Times.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

You've only been here for 5 minutes and you want members banned for effectively disproving a theory?

Go to prisonplanet forums
their members never research and only post Bible quotations, while inflating Alex Jones ego to a whole new dangerous cult of personality. That cabal will believe anything.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I've only been here 3 months. I dont have a 5 year reference to draw from like the o.p. I like the site. I like that there's a balance of "out there" and "grounded in fact".
I've met some very nice and smart people here, willing to share some good information. There's going to obviously be some differences in interests and personalities as well as "experience" not only in life but on this site interacting with others.
I got pissed off 1 time, and lost my cherry lost my cool, because I noticed within a political thread there was one or two posters continuing to go off topic asking where the alien stuff was and how ATS wasnt any good. So I posted a rant. That was a good lesson to myself in NOT what to do, but it had a benefit, it helped polish my actions a bit.
This is internationally driven and amazingly the similarities of a worlds people will reveal itself here, if you allow yourself to see it.
I like the place, it has everything, brains, moles, trolls, whinners, braggers, hippies, grunts, XO's, aliens, clones, etc etc.
It's a big ship, you've been here since 2004 OP, you've got splinters, you've earned them. Maybe just shaking your head and knowing better would bring you some peace.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I agree with you, and if I may add my 2 cents, I am disgusted at the handling of the alternative drugs forum. Personal use must not be spoken of, that alone is censorship and not what I expected from ATS, but aside from personal use/abuse you may not even discuss how to help family members who are addicts, which I feel that in todays drug fueled society is a way to avoid talking about that which affects a huge percentage of members here! What the hell is so bad about discussing the topic of addiction????? That kind of censorship goes beyond ridiculous. Book burning and banning isn't even close to the level of censorship that this is on ATS. I just didn't expect it. And I don't even know why I am back on here tonight except that I am at work, bored and ATS WAS, emphasis on WAS, my favorite site to visit. But more and more I am realizing that the site is heavily monitored/censored, yet at the same time it is rampant with those allowed to rant and throw threads off track because they disagree or do not believe in the topic. Where are the censors then?

[edit on 13-12-2009 by space cadet]

I agree 100% When I first found this site I was all happy , but soon realized that free speech dosen't exist here....good topics tho.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Many members seem to have the impression this is some sort of debunking site with many members coming here with the soul purpose of derailing threads and enforcing their opinions with their own arrogance. On the other hand there are also many people coming here who have looked at conspiracies and allowed their imagination to run away with them. Everything to them is a conspiarcy until proven otherwise and they refuse to use any kind of logical thinking. So on one hand we have one group of people who wont believe anything and another group that are so open minded that their brain falls out.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join