It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo: Our spying policy would 'shock' customers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yahoo: Our spying policy would 'shock' customers

rawstory.com

In response to a Freedom of Information Act request seeking details of Yahoo's! policies allowing the Justice Department to request wiretaps of its users and the amount they charge US taxpayers per wiretap -- the search engine leviathan declared in a 12-page letter that they couldn't provide information on their approach because their pricing scheme would "shock" customers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wow, you'll have to take a read of this whole article to see pervasive this sort of thing is, and how much money is spent on it.. tax payer money. What's most disturbing is that Yahoo knows their actions would shock and outrage it's customers, yet does it anyway.

You know, people can do something about this, cancel your subscriptions to places like Yahoo, Verizon, and others who snitch on you for the government. There are smaller companies that offer you added privacy up front, as part of the package, and won't sell out to anyone.

The same practices have been going on in EU for some time, the ball needs to stop somewhere.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If you think that's bad, check this out. The United States has incredible tools for tracking and intercepting signal and electronic intelligence.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
How else am I going to feed the Government disinformation though?

If we were all smart we would give the government such an earful of unhappiness and distrust in everything we did and said online and on the phone that one morning we would just wake up and none of them would show up to work out of fear how massive the unrest was.

We go about this all wrong!

They should fear us, after all there are a heck of a lot more of us. They just know we aren't very good at sticking together or sticking our necks out.

I drew a dotted line on mine!

I tripple dog dare them!

[edit on 2/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
We go about this all wrong!

They should fear us, after all there are a heck of a lot more of us. They just know we aren't very good at sticking together or sticking our necks out.

You would think that's the case, but somehow it doesn't work out that way. Everyone is too comfortable with the status quo to rock the boat for something as "minor" as internet privacy, especially since you don't notice it going on.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Yes I understand that but my whole point is that if you are being spied upon give them something outrageous for their efforts.

The more people talk and write about being fed up with the government the more the government is bound to get the idea we are in fact fed up with it.

Amazingly a lot of non-ATS blogs are all people parroting the Mainstream News Media Government Line. Reading them is like watching a cheer leading squad at a sporting event.

Give them this, give them that, goooooo U.S.A.A.A.A.

If their propaganda was less effective they couldn't get away with most of this, but since it is, those of us who know better and actually can think independently in common sense terms should be as vocal about that as possible and not as fearful about that as possible.

Our existence and the fact that they know we exist is probably one of the few things standing in the way of even more intrusive government.

Simply put its a good thing the government wants to spy on the citizenry it means they still fear us and respect us to an extent.

We just need to increase that fear and that respect!

top topics

join