It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Question:What if the new Iraqi government asks the coallition to leave?

page: 1

join
share:
PAX

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Simple Question:

What if the new Iraqi government asks the coallition to leave?

We can`t stay there forever...

What will the consequences be ?

Are we creating a new Iran ?

If we stay in Irak with the authorization of the new Iraqi government the
situation will stay as it is now if not worse because that government will then be a new target for the terrorists as we saw yesterday,if they tell us to leave and we don`t it will get even worse because it would be the same as saying we`re here to stay,if there will be no new Iraqi government then
things will also escalate,if we leave Irak then we will probably see NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE`s view so only more trouble is expected because unexpected events have occurred with unknown consequences,there are too many variables to be able to make plans.
Even Rumsfeld has admitted that he hadn`t antecipated this one year ago.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by PAX]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Most likley Bush would never do it. He needs to ocupy the country in order to get oil. He's stupid.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Colin Powel answered this question last week, if i'm not mistaken. He said, they would leave.
The reality of the situation is not what the left thinks it is. If the US left most of those in the Provisional government would have to leave the country or be killed by Bathist and the insurgent anti-American element. They are fully aware of this.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
nice !

than we can soon see on al jazeera how all these self declared warlords shoot the hell out of eachother !
that will save the taxpayer big money

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If we are asked to leave they will be setting up thier own demise and iraq will fall into a cival war, most likely ripping themselves apart.
IMO
I hope they understand that.
But it is thier right.

PAX

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
LOL NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE ... but the sad reality is that whatever comes
out of this it will not be good.

If we stay in Irak with the authorization of the new Iraqi government the
situation will stay as it is now if not worse because that government will then be a new target for the terrorists as we saw yesterday,if they tell us to leave and we don`t it will get even worse because it would be the same as saying we`re here to stay,if there will be no new Iraqi government then
things will also escalate,if we leave Irak then we will probably see NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE`s view so only more trouble is expected because unexpected events have occurred with unknown consequences,there are too many variables to be able to make plans.
Even Rumsfeld has admitted that he hadn`t antecipated this one year ago.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
do you know what the mistake was the USA did make?

they are too gentle,too nice and said YES to a country that demanded the USA for help !

next time,USA, if a country of that kind demand your help...

JUST SAY NO !

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Most likley Bush would never do it. He needs to ocupy the country in order to get oil. He's stupid.

Answer me this. If Bush s in it for the oil, why are crude oil prices going up and up. If we were there for the oil, don;t you think the price would come down?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Our new govenment in Iraq may ask the US to leave, but we won't We may pull out a token few, or just prepare to leave, but never do. Or, our new Iraqi government may ask the US to stay. Just don't believe anything you hear until after November.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't think there's any chance that we'll be asked to leave. Most Iraqis are happy we're there. If we left the Baath party would be right back in control. No, they may rant and rave for a while, but they know, without the US, they're toast - AGAIN!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
AE,
Good point! I was watching the news this morning. When some poor camera guy gets bored, he goes off and records real life on the streets. WOW! Where did this come from? This can't be Iraq!! They fing hate us! Who are these people going to the market, driving their cars, drinking coffee, waiving to camera men from horse drawn carts? Surely this can't be Iraq! They are far too happy - It's either Baltimore or Cleveland!!

Wait a minute, Cleveland? The mistake on the lake!!
No, Can't be! Must be Baghdad

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
Answer me this. If Bush s in it for the oil, why are crude oil prices going up and up. If we were there for the oil, don;t you think the price would come down?

the oil companies charge gas stations and such more to buy the product from them when theres less supply but in overall sales it is about the same as when it was cheaper, so youre right, it benefits noone at all, not even the companies..well except construction and telecommunications companies, heck i bet the media profits even more from it.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
To me it is plain as day the coalition wanted to remove Saddam and very very quickly (still don't know why......anybody have any info on this???).

We don't need the oil so we can scratch that idea off the list. Compared to world production Iraq's contribution is negligible and the US gets the majority of its oil from home and europe not the middle east. Oil prices are heading north because world demand is increasing and there is a fixed supply of oil and most oil producing countries are now at full capacity. Historically in inflation adjusted terms a gallon of gas is still very low here in the US (to get perspective a gallon of bottled water runs close to $1.50 and milk $4).

The current administration would be more than happy if asked to leave in my opinion! They achieved their goal of taking out Saddam (they risked and spent ALOT to do this so it is still nagging at my brain why he was so important to remove) and are currently half-assing until they are asked to leave (which won't be too far off as in the latest opinion poll the majority of Iraqi's would feel safer if we left). They certainly never had a plan to rebuild Iraq and are sticking to a very rushed and silly June 30 handover date. They want out of there pronto!

Iraq will then become a true wild west and the different factions can fight it out for a few centuries. But the question remains why Saddam was so important to remove???? Why is he so significant to the world's future (and obviously alot more important than Bin Laden)??? Why risk it all for this man....was he supposed to be the next anti-christ or pivotal in helping the next anti-christ.....any reference to him by Nostradamus or 'alien' contacts???

top topics

join