It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support The National Criminal Justice Act of 2009!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Over a dozen U.S. Senators, led by Virginia Democrat Jim Webb, are seeking to establish a blue-ribbon commission to review America's criminal justice policies -- and the criminalization of nonviolent drug possession in particular.

Senate Bill 714, The National Criminal Justice Commission Act of 2009, seeks to initiate a comprehensive re-evaluation of America's drug and prison policies.

All the support we can get is needed. Please visit the site [[Snip]]

MOD edit: Removed link to petition site.

[edit on December 1st 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

1) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever.

Sorry i really can't stand internet recruitment. I really think sites like that just keep and sell the info they get from people.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Not recruitment, the actual link is to an article about Senate Bill 714. Please read the aticle.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAntiHero420

Home > Take Action > Contact Officials

Contact Officials

That is what it says at the top "Take Action"

Action Alert

Support The National Criminal Justice Act of 2009!

That is on the title and it has a little gif that flashes take action.

Please take time today to urge your senators to support Senate Bill 714.
-from article

and then a place to fill out a forum to contact the senators.
All this is is an effort to get members to go to another site to for some political cause which is against the T&Cs and annoying since it is my opinion that sites like these get income from data minning.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I myself am not a member of norml and do not endorse joining norml or its affiliates. But how else other then contacting your senator and expressing your opiniono to them are you supposed to take any political action.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAntiHero420

Does not matter how you take your political action the T&Cs just say dont do it here.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

If it was against the T&C This thread wouldnt of lasted more than 30 minutes.

there are other threads on here, such as (Audit the fed) in which some members posted to a site to contact their reps to vote yes. i see the same case here. i dont see your argument.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

well in some cases mods have to discuss amog themselves what to allow and what not to allow. All i know for sure is what the T&Cs state.

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

This seems just like a recruitment to a cause to me. If im seeing things the wrong way please let me know. ATS is a place for discussing, this thread is an advertisement for another site and their cause. An article and a link (where you are asked for your personal information). Then the OP says

All the support WE can get is needed. Please visit the site Norml.

Which by "we" is meant that he is part of a gorup that is soliciting personal information from members on ATS.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
According to ATS Terms and Conditions

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Also, according to the rules of this forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMPORTANT!

Our strict rules against the discussion of personal recreational use of drugs -- including naturally-occuring mind-altering substances -- is still in place. Any member discussing, promoting, or otherwise alluding to personal recreational use of drugs in this forum will be immediately banned from ATS without warning.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Within a few hours, too many threads and posts have begun that focus far too much on personal use and legalization issues. Since advocacy of legalization relates directly to personal recreational use of drugs, such discussion is not allowed in the new forum.

Please focus exclusively on the wide ranging conspiracy issues related to drugs, such as government involvement in drug trafficking, pharma influences, and the war on drugs (to name a few).

Thread closed, pending further staff review.

top topics

join