It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrecy is Repugnant: An honest request to Masons.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
reply to post by Josephus23

You do realize that those are 2 huge aspects to cults right?

Some people just NEED to be told what to do.

As a Mason nobody tells me what to do.

In turn I don't tell anyone else what to do.

I agree with AM... show me the money. Otherwise I will have to let the work of my 3.5 million brothers stand on it's own.

There is nothing in Masonry that hasn't been revealed on the Interwebs.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Keep it going folks this is fun. Even if you don't let me string you along, manipulating your behavior through deception, then you let me get you mad enough to respond to me. You guys can't leave things alone. You have to have the last word.

By now it is quite obvious that you never had any 'evidence' to present. You may continue to feel smug in your position that you 'strung' people along by continually announcing the release of this proof but bear in mind that you not only strung along Masons but eveyone on this forum who was looking for the same......shameful. I am certain you have won many people over to your line of thinking by using this tactic.

I am still willing to discuss any evidence that anyone may wish to present but to knowingly string along people just to get a rise is not why anyone should be coming to this website.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

Did it ever occur to you that I don't care to really hold a conversation with Masons. This was more of an exercise in operant conditioning.

You guys promote the idea that secret oaths and meetings are acceptable in the halls of government. This is the most ludicrous notion that I think that I have ever contemplated.

Listen people. Secrecy is repugnant. Period. It should never be in the halls of government and you only promote this false religion.

Do the world a favor and stop engaging it.
You only continue to mess it up with your secrets and no wants you here anymore. GO AWAY!

Ever thought about why the membership in Freemasonry has dropped so drastically?

Let me give you a hint.

GUESS WHAT?

SECRECY IS REPUGNANT.
LIVE IT. LEARN IT. KNOW IT.
People don't trust you and they never will.

CIAO.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

What is "operant conditioning"? Doesn't show up in a dictionary. Not surprising. Anyway, who are YOUR "halls of government"? Likely not mine.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Ever thought about why the membership in Freemasonry has dropped so drastically?

It dropped primarily because the Boomers were more concerned with wee and their dance moves than being adults. Ever thought about why the numbers are rebounding courtesy of the Boomers' sons? Life's a female dog for that tired old 'fading away' lie.

Since the offspring clearly are able to discern what the fathers couldn't (to whit, the 'secrets' of Masonry), they're recognising the forest instead obsessing about a tree that someone might have seen once while on something.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Since the offspring clearly are able to discern what the fathers couldn't (to wit, the 'secrets' of Masonry), they're recognizing the forest instead of obsessing about a tree that someone might have seen once while on something.

Thanks Fitz, as a third generation American but I believe a first generation Mason.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Did it ever occur to you that I don't care to really hold a conversation with Masons. This was more of an exercise in operant conditioning.

Regardless of the reason the actions are still quite juvenile. Your concealed desire for social experimentation shows that you are the one who had a secret agenda and had no intention of engaging in a civil discourse.

You guys promote the idea that secret oaths and meetings are acceptable in the halls of government. This is the most ludicrous notion that I think that I have ever contemplated.

Listen people. Secrecy is repugnant. Period. It should never be in the halls of government and you only promote this false religion.

The only thing that is ludicrous is that you are making your typical unfounded statements. Please show where in the Masonic ritual it delineates this philosophy.

You only continue to mess it up with your secrets and no wants you here anymore. GO AWAY!

Translation: Waaaaaaaaaa!!!

I see you now speak for everyone. I am sure all the members appreciate your spokesmanship.

Ever thought about why we have a back log of men seeking admission? My lodge is initiating more people this year than in previous decades and it will be one of the largest groups of new members since the 1950's.

CIAO.

Prima di parlare usare de cervello.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Who is gonna get the last word in Masonicus?

Will you give it up or will you allow yourself to descend to my level and continue this engagement?

I predict that I will see some kind of response from you.

You can't let things go. You have to feel correct and justified.
You must win. That is why you joined masonry.

Well...

That, and a lack of self-esteem.

I like knowing that I can push your buttons Masonicus.

I like feeling more powerful than a Mason.
Actually no. I just like feeling more powerful than you Masonicus.

Hasta luego.

Here's a bit of Swahili for you since you seem to be such a cunning linguist.

Mimi napendelea kuzungumza Kiswahili juu ya Kiitaliano. Italians harufu kama zamani ost.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

Operant conditioning is a system of behavioral modification devised by BF Skinner.

Here is the wiki.

You probably will not find it in a dictionary scooterstrats. It contains two words who's meanings are mutually exclusive when used exclusively.

Man, I crack myself up.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Do the world a favor and stop engaging it.

That's mature...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

That's mature...

Man, you guys win. That was the big guns. I really do not know how to defend myself against such a sterling and succinct accusation.

Were you in the debate club in high school?

Snap, Sorry. I meant college. That statement could never have been made by a high school debater. It was WAY too complicated.

That was seriously a zinger. I have to remember to use that sometime.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Just pointing out the obvious. Its apparent you weren't in a debate team.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Just pointing out the obvious. Its apparent you weren't in a debate team.

And your quote was incorrect. It should've read:

"Real mature, Bradley!

HTH
Fitz

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Who is gonna get the last word in Masonicus?

I suppose I may permit you to have it.

since you seem to be such a cunning linguist.

Funny, all my old girlfriends used to call me the same thing....

Mimi napendelea kuzungumza Kiswahili juu ya Kiitaliano. Italians harufu kama zamani ost.

Wonderful, you speak Swahili and you think Italians smell. Any other ethnic insults you wish to toss out there?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I knew that you wouldn't let me down Masonicus!

I will refrain from trying to goad you into a response, but this action has me somewhat puzzled.

Until now, your behavior has been super predictable, but I am puzzled as to whether or not you will let me have the last word without goading you?

I suppose that we will find out if you can constrain yourself.

I doubt it, but we will see if you actually have it in you.

(I have to state; however, that while you might not respond to this Masonicus, one of your "brothers" will)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Oh, and by the way.

Smelling like old, cave-aged, blue veined cheese is extremely desirable to someone with an educated palate.

Look for it especially on the nose of a nice Cabernet Franc from the Chinon region of France.

I wouldn't be throwing the "ethnic insults" around so quickly Masonicus.

You had no reason to pair the causality of one statement with the other.
(Note I said causality. Saying because only describes a relationship. It does not infer CAUSALITY)
Unless that was some kind of Freudian slip due to unresolved repressed racism inside of you Masonicus.
The thoughts could be mutually exclusive.
(I like those words. They remind me of why Freemasons should be barred from serving in government)

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Josephus23]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

...to someone with an educated palate.

Look for it especially on the nose of a nice Cabernet Franc from the Chinon region of France.

Your 'educated palate' seems to be sorely lacking.

The nose of a cabernet franc will not be of blue cheese; it will be that of cassis, pepper, currant, strawberry and chocolate.

Secondly, those of us that know better will select sauternes, 'The Nectar of the Gods', as a pairing for blue cheese. Perhaps, once you are out of school and are gainfully employed, you may want to pick up a bottle or two of Chateau d' Yquem. I recommend the 2000, although it is not quite ready at this time.

Your knowledge of wine and cheese is about on par with your knowledge of Masonry.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Have you ever had a Chinon?

The region makes the wine in Europe, not the grape.
(that is the reason that labeling laws are what they are in Europe and not America)

Noble rot is responsible for the nose that you would be referring to on a Sauternes.
It also only occurs naturally in 3 other places in the world (I think...)
The nose of any wine is created by the terrior(google that homey), not the grape.
You will have to pardon me.
I am doing this straight off the top of my head instead of google, cut and paste, like you.

Seriously, when somebody describes the nose on a wine, they don't use 3 or 4 or 5 adjectives. Usually someone is doing well to be able to point to one distinctive character on the nose of a wine.
The only time a varietal is described in the way that you have described it is in a reference manual.
You know that I am right.
So if I were you, I would stop while you are ahead.

And don't even try to act like you didn't.
I know wine Masonicus.
Very well, at least that is what the Court of Master Sommeliers tells me.
Your grammar is amateurish, at best.
When that is, it is your grammar.
It is actually painful to watch you try.
Only you and I know the truth Masonicus.

Snap....
You just got served dawg.

I knew that you'd respond. Good Boy Masonicus.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Josephus23]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Sorry, but I have to keep rubbing your nose in this.
(man I crack myself up)

I wasn't talking about pairing anything with bleu cheese anyway.

You tried the old straw man argument.

Good try.

I was referring to the nose on the wine itself.

Really. You are such an amateur, and it is so apparent.

You apparently do not know but I had a life before returning to school.
I managed one of the top 20 restaurants in America in 2006 according to Esquire magazine.
I trained everyone on the wine and put together the list.

Don't even try to step to me on this dude.

You can't google fast enough, but honestly, you don't even know what to google.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
OK!

I have not seen a Freemason thread in weeks and this is the best you can come up with Josephus23, a sorry attempt to discredit the right to privacy that evolved into "who knows what about wine and cheese"

Ridiculous.

I'm sorry Josephus23 but you have to be a Mason yourself. There is no way any non Mason would make such ridiculously absurd and pointless claims and I have seen non Masons make some pretty ridiculously absurd and pointless claims on ATS.

The only explanation, aside from extreme led ingestion, I see for you making this thread is a little negative publicity.

Either that or I need to watch a lot more Frasier before I become a Freemason myself pretty soon here, hopefully.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Have you ever had a Chinon?

Yes, but not one of my personal favorites. I am more of a Piedmont and Left Bank person myself.

Seriously, when somebody describes the nose on a wine, they don't use 3 or 4 or 5 adjectives. Usually someone is doing well to be able to point to one distinctive character on the nose of a wine.
The only time a varietal is described in the way that you have described it is in a reference manual.
You know that I am right.

Maybe someone should tell Robert Parker and James Suckling. They seem to not subscribe to your theory on wine bouquet distinction. Their reviews of the 2005 Chateau Lafite Rothschild is rather succint in their use of several descriptors to convey the aromas of the wine they are tasting. Much like every other wine that they, and others, review on a regular basis.

But you knew that of course. I suppose living with ones mother would enable them to aquire a vast collection of choice varietals and thereby contribute to their stagering oeniphilic knowledge. Does mummy help you with your daunting grasp of Masonry as well?

I know wine Masonicus.

Yes, I am sure that Thunderbird is always the the word at Mommy's house.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join