It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climategate, Volume II - Questions Arise About Modification of NZ Climate Data.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Climategate, Volume II - Questions Arise About Modification of NZ Climate Data.

www.examiner.com

Following on Climategate and the questions about the actions of some of the world’s top scientists, it has just been revealed that New Zealand’s climate records may have been improperly modified to support the global warming theory. Analysis of data from the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) show ‘corrections’ to climate data may have exaggerated temperature increases over the last 130 years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This exposure emanates from the NIWA (National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research), which happens to be New Zealand's premiere Climate research entity.

They happen to have been called out on many such occasions by the "New Zealand Climate Science Coalition", which is a grass-roots sort of organization of Scientists, Researchers, and Concerned Citizens who promote free-thought and dissemination of data among scientists, and the general populace. In other words, the NZ CSC is about TRUE science, and does not have stakes in the same political ambitions which the likes of Dr. Mann, Jim Hansen, and other leading "Pro-AGW" individuals lavish in (I do not mean this to bash REAL scientists who are currently contending with AGW possibilities, but rather to expose those who spout Alarmist, illogical sentiments, and who obviously have ulterior political motives behind their actions).

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I did not post this in the "News Links" section since it is more of a blog, but I am providing it now, because it provides a very thorough and interesting analysis into this entire debacle (Regarding the NIWA Data Modification):

NIWA Accused of CRU-Style Fudging Of Data.

Also, here are the two corresponding Data-set Graphs which go along with this story:

Graph 1: (The Publicly Released Data Graph in Temperature Trends)

Graph 2: (The Internally Reviewed Data Graph in Temperature Trends)

Also of note, the man responsible for these graphs, a one Dr. Jim Salinger, also used to work with the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, UK (Where this entire "Climategate" issue originated from).

EDIT: I provided the external links so that you can verify where I linked the images from, but here are the Graphs embedded to quicken and ease your viewing:

Graph 1: (The Publicly Released Data Graph in Temperature Trends)-
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bba466efbaf4.jpg[/atsimg]

Graph 2: (The Internally Reviewed Data Graph in Temperature Trends)-
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60acb71f33a1.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 11-28-2009 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
nice post s+f I really hope that people do see past the scam that is being passed on the people...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Bravo! Keep 'em rollin' in!

Maybe we can get enough data/evidence to bring charges(fraud)(yes it is a crime to do what they have been doing)(for monetary gain) on everyone involved (first time I'd ever be 'for' the world court having a purpose)!

Bookmark and store for later, send to your local/state/federal Attorneys Generals, I know they probably won't do anything, but getting it "On the record" is a political tactic to set up future action. (when I get into office)

This is what having a statement read into "The Congressional Record" by a Representative is used for by "Lobbyists" to set People up for future actions.

Believe me, they do it all the time!
Yeah, Congress!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If you want to no the truth about climate change, you should watch this 10 minute video - What they are really trying to do is to tax air! Co2 is a natural part of life, the trees and plants take in theCo2 and give us oxygen back. Of course there is alot more to it than this, but one thing is for sure, it's a scam, another big scam in which Al Gore is trying to get very rich from!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Another great find on this scam.

It is really funny that these hate spewing Librals on ATS don't have much to say on these subjects. I think this is the biggest scam since 1913 and we see how that went.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36d4411552d4.png[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Bit of an over-reaction I think. They're just adjusting the data to account for various other factors in a scientifically accepted way. They have responded to this:

NIWA countered saying that they use “internationally accepted techniques, including making adjustments for changes such as movement of measurement sites.” Temperatures can vary widely from one location to the next, even over relatively short distances, so climate scientist compensate for this by adjusting the temperature records.

The government agency cited one case in which a station in Wellington was moved from Thorndon to Kelburn in 1928. The new site sits at an altitude 122 m (400 feet) higher than the previous one and is on average 0.8°C cooler thus requiring an adjustment upwards in the temperature from the date it moved going forward.

Source

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

That graph says it all.
2nd line

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Anyone wishing to know exactly what the science is behind the global warming hoax and how it was manipulated should listen to the full speech of Lord Christopher Monckton Speaking in St. Paul MN October 21, 2009. The length is an hour and a half. If you can find the time it is well worth it.

It is available on page one toward the bottom in the Copenhagen thread linked in my signature file below.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The question remains; now that we know the govt takes us for ignorant fools, so busy trying to scrape by that we handed over complete control, what do we do now?

Over the last three weeks of debate on Obama's decision on troops in afghanistan, I've heard the numerous times that the cost per troop is$1,000,000 per year! What the hell is that?

34,000 troops cost $34B/year. For that you could send 34,000,000 afghani men and women to college all expenses paid.

Just like the climate debate, average citizens have no voice in the debate. In both the war and the carbon tax, a very few people would get rich while multitudes get screwed.

How long must this go on before we vote them all out of office? Its time to stand up. Contact everybody in your social network and use the graphs to show "This is how your congressman lies to you.Tired of being treated like a sap? Vote the bums out in 2010."

It won't be long until they s) the Internet is being used by terrorists and we must shut it down. Mark my words. They will say facebook is a tool of the enemy and must be filtered. You will start seeing friends and family losing their Internet rights and be terminated by their ISPs.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
They happen to have been called out on many such occasions by the "New Zealand Climate Science Coalition", which is a grass-roots sort of organization of Scientists, Researchers, and Concerned Citizens who promote free-thought and dissemination of data among scientists, and the general populace. In other words, the NZ CSC is about TRUE science

OP. this is pathetic. Please do your homework before posting such atrocious crud.

You hero's, the "New Zealand Climate Science Coalition" are a bunch of crooked hacks. Here's some links:

scienceblogs.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">New Zealand Climate Science Coalition caught lying about temperature trends

they just got caught combining temperature data from different places to get rid of the inconvenient warming trend in New Zealand

They are a group of Deniers and sceptics headed by Dr Vincent Gray, 87 a retired coal chemist connected with the Coal Research Association which was the research branch of the Coal Industry

Destroying your argument took a ten second google search. You made NO ATTEMPT to check the veracity of your info. It appears you accept whatever data suits your bias. This is like taking candy from a baby.

Case closed.

Edit: Can't get the url link to work. I suggest you practice using google to save yourself further embarrassment.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by rizla]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I see a member of the Church of Climatology has shown up.

Climategate isn't going away anytime soon, on the contrary things are just getting started. It also doesn't help that they moved a temperature station from sealevel to on top of a roof right by an Air Conditioning unit.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Climategate isn't going away anytime soon, on the contrary things are just getting started. It also doesn't help that they moved a temperature station from sealevel to on top of a roof right by an Air Conditioning unit.

I just totally discredited the OP's argument, but you show up and pretend it didn't happen.

You are like Gollum in Lord of the Rings. NOT LISTENING! Doh! You do nothing for your case.

Case Closed.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Here check this out

No, your argument holds no water. The fact is the NIWA still refuses to release the adjusted data.

The AGW argument has been blown to pieces.

Edit to add -

The only people that are sticking their fingers in their ears and saying "la la la la, I'M NOT LISTENING" are the members of the Church of Climatology.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

I just totally discredited the OP's argument, but you show up and pretend it didn't happen.

You are like Gollum in Lord of the Rings. NOT LISTENING! Doh! You do nothing for your case.

Case Closed.

Posting a link to a blog featuring some guy's comments without any objective data does not prove a single thing. Furthermore, ad hominem attacks on the 87 year old man does nothing to discredit the content of his research. I could argue that his advanced age means he has nothing to gain by lying to anyone. Moreover, his ties to the coal industry may enable him access to information that would otherwise be suppressed by government funded researchers, whose hands are deep in taxpayers pockets.

Try again

[edit on 28-11-2009 by jaktenstid]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rizla
Destroying your argument took a ten second google search. You made NO ATTEMPT to check the veracity of your info. It appears you accept whatever data suits your bias. This is like taking candy from a baby.

Case closed.

and you try to dismiss this by the ignorant stupid statements made in a blog, and you call that "scientific evidence"?...

It took me 1 second to see your feeble attempt is nothing more than a red herring... That's all you, and yours have...

Maybe it is time to ban YOU from posting as you have tried to do several times to members who doubt AGW, and post evidence against YOUR RELIGION...

[edit on 30-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

join