It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAUDI ARABIA: Kingdom steps up hunt for 'witches' and 'black magicians'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
So? Gonna invade them now too? Seems you've cited half the reasons for going into Iraq.

Can you tell me WHERE did i say anything about "invading Saudi Arabia"?....

Once again you show that you just put words on people's mouth, and most of the time you don't know what you are talking about...

I'm remarking on the fact that the Evils of Islam are still being cited as to why 'we' are in A-stan, and you in Iraq...well once that pesky WMD thing fell apart. There is a certain notion at work that the west is fighting a noble war in the region...that we need to be there to protect Afghan women from the Taliban, and to liberate Iraqis from Saddam...when oil is and was the only reason for our kids to be killed there.

But western allies get a free pass...Saudi Arabia being a perfect example. Their human rights violations are generally ignored, because the taps are open.

Why did I invoke the idea of invading them? It has been the American solution for other regional 'challenges'. Google Irony, please...and sorry to get all subtle on you.

Oh, and if you'd like to explain how I usually don't know what I'm talking about, I'm all ears. u2u me if need be.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Many believe the origins of witchcraft and sorcery came from the Middle East over 4,000 years ago, however I consider witchcraft and sorcery grew from different roots in different places during that period.

You will find the "old ways" still practiced in Burma, India, Cambodia, South America and Europe. Those who practice majick in the Middle East remain anonymous, hence the innocent become the targets.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Shows what kinda of Neanderthal type humans live in Saudi Arabia, Minds need to be opened in countries like this and stop such pethetic control over the masses this world is messed up!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Shows what kinda of Neanderthal type humans live in Saudi Arabia, Minds need to be opened in countries like this and stop such pethetic control over the masses this world is messed up!

No, it shows what a brutal power structure the country has. It is certainly not the only theocracy, nor is it the only brutal regime...I'd suggest you look at the School of the Americas at Fort Benning, Georgia for a list of illustrious alumnae.

It's the Saudi Royals paying off the Immams to allow them to remain on top...and the West props up the whole lot of shenanigans because of its thirst for Saudi oil.

Kinda tough to pin down the Neanderthal-types...especially when you consider there is a whole school of thought that we Cro-Magnons wiped out the original Neanderthals. And if I may be forgiven for appropriation of voice, I think most Saudi 'masses' want pretty much what we want out of life...food, shelter, security, a better life for their kids and contact with their spiritual side.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
I'm remarking on the fact that the Evils of Islam are still being cited as to why 'we' are in A-stan, and you in Iraq...well once that pesky WMD thing fell apart. There is a certain notion at work that the west is fighting a noble war in the region...that we need to be there to protect Afghan women from the Taliban, and to liberate Iraqis from Saddam...when oil is and was the only reason for our kids to be killed there.

...This thread is not about the WMD issue, or "the war on Iraq issue" or ANYTHING ELSE except that this, the fact that ping put on death row for being pagan, or psychic, or even when some idiot claims he is impotent because of a woman, or they claim their chickens are dying because of a witch, etc....

This is what this thread is about, it is happening in Saudi Arabia and people are being sent to their deaths because of their beliefs, or because someone claims they are a witch, or a sorcerer.... NOTHING more, and nothing less...

You claimed that I was puting this thread forth as some excuse to invade Saudi Arabia, WHEN I NEVER SAID OR EVEN IMPLIED SUCH A THING...

This shows that we still have some neanderthals roaming about and puting words on people's mouth instead of learning to read what other people write.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
...This thread is not about the WMD issue, or "the war on Iraq issue" or ANYTHING ELSE except that this, the fact that ping put on death row for being pagan, or psychic, or even when some idiot claims he is impotent because of a woman, or they claim their chickens are dying because of a witch, etc....

This is what this thread is about, it is happening in Saudi Arabia and people are being sent to their deaths because of their beliefs, or because someone claims they are a witch, or a sorcerer.... NOTHING more, and nothing less...

Well bless its pointed little head...
Actually, what I said was "Why did I invoke the idea of invading them? ", which kind of infers that it was me that brought the subject up, so that when you say "You claimed that I was puting(sic) this thread forth as some excuse to invade Saudi Arabia, WHEN I NEVER SAID OR EVEN IMPLIED SUCH A THING..."...well, that's not quite so. But don't trouble yourself with the details.

My point? Again? The interweb gives us an open window like never before. We can put things under a microscope, but I think that privalege compels us to act upon them. Further, awful things happen all over. Sometimes they are politically expedient to occur, sometimes they are politically expedient to ignore. How we react is dictated by our conscience. On the whole, the west has given the Saudi's a free pass, cuz if it weren't for the Royals, you'd have a whole whack of Wahabi Immams with an inordinate amount of loot and their hands on the oil-faucet.

It's good of you, Sparky, to point out these bad things, but your energy might be better applied to contacting your government and demanding that...as our good buddies...the Saudi's ought to enter the last century. If we are so morally outraged, we could invade them...as we are told was done for A-stan and Iraq (now, anyway)...or apply some pressure economically.

Either way, there is a great deal of hypocricy at play here, (societally, Sparky, not you in particular) and it's all too easy to take shots at the A-rabs. Who's that right-wing American preacher that refuses to criticise his Nigerian cohort's support of a death penalty for gays?

This shows that we still have some neanderthals roaming about and puting(sic) words on people's mouth instead of learning to read what other people write.

Have you heard the studies that suggest that Neanderthal was smarter, but was overtaken by CroMagnon because he was sneakier? Read that on the web, too.

A self edit to add that I share your abhorrence at these medieval practices, and while I do appreciate them being brought forward, I find that our offence, as a society, is generally taken selectively.

Not putting any words in your mouth.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
SAUDI ARABIA: Kingdom steps up hunt for 'witches' and 'black magicians'

"The dictates of some countries is still so backwards, and so barbaric to this day and age that it almost feels like it is some horror movie, and not real life, but unfortunately it is happening."

reply to
post by ElectricUniverse

The thing is....
Saudi life and politics are all bundled with their Religion...
and can not be easily unwound to acceptable Western standards of Law

It's their rule-of-law. not ours, all one can do is complain or skewer them as is being done here.

(now i'm getting a clearer picture of just Why GWB was holding hands with the Saudi King as they were walking along, back in 2008)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
The thing is....
Saudi life and politics are all bundled with their Religion...
and can not be easily unwound to acceptable Western standards of Law

Yes, theres an interesting quote about 'religion ruling society' below:

"When the churches literally ruled society, the human drama encompassed: (a) slavery; ( b) the cruel subjection of women; (c) the most savage forms of legal punishment; (d) the absurd belief that kings ruled by divine right; (e) the daily imposition of physical abuse; (f) cold heartlessness for the sufferings of the poor; as well as (g) assorted pogroms ('ethnic cleansing' wars) between rival religions, capital punishment for literally hundreds of offenses, and countless other daily imposed moral outrages. . . . It was the free-thinking, challenging work by people of conscience, who almost invariably had to defy the religious and political status quo of their times, that brought us out of such darkness."

Steve Allen

Organised religious cults ruling countries through fear,ignorance and superstition is nothing new - its just that some countries managed to liberate themselves from it.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join