It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip Hop is raising our children to be ignorant and racist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The difference between old school Hiphop and the crap flooding the airwaves nowadays, is night and day. Hiphop has all but been reduced to a big pile of steaming poop. The industry bought the art form out, and now, all the rappers answer to the blood and sex lust of their corporate overlords. But thats what sells right

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I quite like Lil Wayne at least the song lollipop what's wrong with this song?

She said you're so sweet I wanna lick the rapper, so I let her lick the rapper
she lick it like a lollipop she lick it like a lollipop
shorty wanna thug
bottles in da club
shorty wanna hump
you know I love to touch
your lovely lady lumps...
Met a girl with a swag like mine
she even wear her hair down her back like mine
I make her feel right when it's wrong like lying
and man she ain't never had a love like mine
I ain't never seen an a&& like hers
that P&&&& in my mouth had me lost for words
I told her back it up like berp berp
made that a** jump like jerp jerp...
and that's when she she lick it like a lollipop like a lollipop

you get the picture, sex, well spread the love ain't nothin wrong with that. Rocks been all about sex for forever!!!! It's a pretty good song if you ask me. Explicit, but at least it ain't about guns hoes and criminal acts...Granted I don't know about his other songs, I never really listened to them. Given the chioce between sex or guns and drugs I'd rather sex!

[edit on 30-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

I really hope this is a joke...or about your view of adult music. While I understand and respect Lil Wayne as one of the best...to say this is okay for kids is horrible.

Given a choice between sex and guns you would choose sex? So when someone breaks into your home and threatens you with a gun, pull out you your johnson and hope it works.

Im hoping this post was to add light to the subject but if you are serious in saying that children should listen to this crap is beyond my understanding. You haven't heard much of the music so I am hoping you research what you are condoning.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here's a link to download 3 free "Sick Since" albums.

It's (the link) from his youtube site so it's all good.

Enjoy.

www.megaupload.com...

[edit on 3/12/09 by blupblup]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yeah it isn't the parent's fault at all

It's the music...the music is evil!

How about parennts innoculate their kids to right and wrong then the music will have no effect. I hate when the word comes out that the music is causing evil or racism. No if you are racist...you're racist without of the music

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by KINGOFPAIN

non of the artists you named are rock...

They are crappy pop artists who don't know what realy music is!

I do agree about most of the popular hip hop junk today.

But the stuff people don't hear is all about how hard life is and emotion!

Hip hop originates from slaves!

To understand music you have to feel it... and if you can't "Feel" it then its not worth listening to!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I know I'm late to the thread but maybe I think the op stated the real issue in the thread title.

"Hip Hop is raising our children..."

Whose fault is that. Music can't make decisions for itself much less children. And parents are supposed to be raising children.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I agree with you guys. Personally, I'm a Metal-head, but my sister is into rap and I've listened to the songs and litterally all they sing about is sex, drugs, shooting other people and respect. RESPECT. These rappers do not deserve two bits of respect.

And I know Metal has its faults too. It does make you an angrier person but only if you let it.

Truthfully, only artists like Bon Jovi deserve the title of "good music"

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I was a big fan of hip hop and rap when i was younger, mainly because of the area i lived in and it was all people would listen to. Luckily, one day, i came to my senses and i realized that this music was making me someone that im not. I was becoming one of those "cool" kids in school who would get in trouble to fit in. All this because of damn hip hop. It definitely is ruining our youth and when i have kids, theyre not listening to a second of it. Good thing there is some good, meaningful music out there.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
isn't heavy metal, goth, emo and other type of rock not making kids behave as badly and ignorant? yes.

dont just point it at one type of music.

I agree that othere music do courrupt our youth. bit i dont blame the "kind" of music it is.

there is alot of Positive Hip Hop out there, but it remains in the "underground" i dont believe that we should be going against the music type, but rather against the ignorant fools who produce it.

In recent weeks, i've noticed that everyone has been completely brainwashed by Lady Gaga's crap music.

I myself enjoy listeng to positive music, music with meaning and influencial lyrics. I listen to Underground Punk rock, and i have to say that more than half of the bands i listen to speak about positive change, and standing up against this courrupt system.
Idk, all im saying is that its not the "label" of music we should be against. We have to teach our kids that their "IDOLS" are nothing but puppets used by the mass media to make a quick buck, and #! its #ing working.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I don't know what everyone else thought of his OP, but I couldn't agree more, I wish more people thought like this guy...

Fantastic common sense post, these things are dissolving on ATS...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This subject seems to come up periodically.

As for the OP, I would tend to agree for the most part. However, I really don't think it is limited to Rap or even current music in general.

Pop-culture as a whole is spiralling downward and losing any and all moral fibre. What was that famous saying?

Art imitates life or was it life imitates art? Society as a whole is breaking down and music generally speaks of or emulates current society.

Greed and general immorality has taken hold of our society. So music is following suit.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yeah, MTV, VH1 and BET are owned buy the same 3 Jews I forget there name but they also own Universal Records and Sony and every record company under them like Def Jam, Columbia, Virgin Records and the rest.
I forget there names but I have a link to the info on my home PC.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I havent read any of the thread. After 6 pages I am not about to. Replying to the name of the thread only, all I can say is...if hip hop is raising your kids, its because you arent.

Hopefully this point was made a lot earlier.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

i believe metal in some ways are the intelligence of music mind there some that aint but bands that are around the genre of rock and metal that arent so much like Tool are where its at!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

honestly lil wayne is a joke soulja boy tell'em is a joke the real # the good # is stuff like eminem,dr.dre,tupac,snoop dogg thats reall stuff all this new stuff like lil wayne and soulja boy its for the wanna be's! hell even usher is better lyric content writing ability and everything but all in all rap is lazy pick up a musical instrument and create the music yourself then write lyrics that go with the music or vice versa that people can relate to in a metaphorical way or in a blunt way and use words that dont all rhyme together best example read TOOL lyrics!!

[edit on 16-1-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You need to expand your mind a bit. There is TONS of rap/hip-hop that you have probably never even heard because it isnt on the radio. The artists refuse to adhere to the rules that record companies place on them so they go unheard outside of the underground.

Artists like but definitely not limited to; Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Immortal Technique, Abstract Rude, Awol One, etc are all GREAT artists that have a real message in alot of their songs but you wont ever hear them on the radio which is sad.

To be brutally honest, I find topics of this nature to be offensive in a fashion. I listen to Aesop Rock and Atmosphere and the others daily and THEY are real hiphop. What you guys hear on the radio and see on TV is nothing really other than a money making scheme. Do yourself a favor and listen to some REAL hiphop and maybe you will change the title to reflect the situation a little more realistically. Maybe something honest like; "Mainstream Hip Hop is raising our children to be ignorant and racist"

Ignorance is ignorance no matter the topic and this thread is saturated in it.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well 1st off there is a difference between Rap and Hip Hop. Rap is the mainstream manifestation of Hip Hop the "demon seed" if you will haha But i do agree rap is having a bad effect on the youth and alot of them aren't able to decipher Fantasy from reality. I don't really listen to rap at all in fact i talk down on it most of the time, but alot of people i know listen to it (lil wayne, drake, etc) i find most of it very unintelligible like i think someone mentioned earlier in this post that the industry has alot to do with this trash is most certainly true. In the old age the bible was used for control now days its music, news, television ect. It is sad the direction we are headed, but everything happens as it should...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well first of all you're wrong. Hip hop does not promote violence and materialism. I am a practitioner of this genre and can assure you, aside from every day misfortunes in reality hip hop does not glorify the negatives in life. It's a culture, an art form of word usage. I believe the word(s) you're looking for is mainstream RAP. Not to be confused with hip hop. Pretty much anything that gets played over and over on the radio, no matter what genre, is garbage.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DeAthoFsaniTy

Looks like you beat me to distinguishing the differences between hip hop and mainstream rap. Glad someone else here knows the difference.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

haha yea but its all good im glad someone else knows the difference. Alot of people don't and it bothers me...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join