It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building a Replica to see what the purpose might have been.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Maybe not at the same scale. but surely a structure with the significance of the Great Pyramid, should be explored, and if not resotrated to the complete theorised oroginal condition, why not try and build a exact replica of what we think it would have looked like?... all be it on a smaller scale maybe. This way, can we not discover waht its purpose might be?
Scott , maybe you can share more on if this would b possible, even if not at full scale, but at some scale that would be able to be studied.

Has something like this ever been discussed or attemted? Attemt at building an replica of the Great Pyramid, inside, out, with limestone covering and capsule stone, THE WHOLE NINE YARDS!?
Does anyone have info on such an attemt, or even trying to restore the Pyramid to its "presumed" original state, maybe. Wouldn't that be an awesome site, to have a pyramid, covered in limestone, from top to bottom, and the capsule stone on top? Exacly as it would have looked in its distant past, just after being completed
Just wondering

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Why don't we just build an exact replica...full scale...hmmm...I wonder why...they did it back then...and we build space crafts that are mind-blowing in their complexity...we build ridiculously sized machines to collide two of the smallest particles known to man...but we can't build a pyramid?!?

Check out this interesting article I found:
www.assatashakur.org...

The Great Pyramid is built on top of a granite mountain whose top just happens to peak at the level of the Egyptian desert.

If you draw intersecting polar lines north to south and east
to west on a globe which pass through the greatest amount of land
mass, those lines cross exactly where the pyramid sits. There is
only two places on earth where these intersecting lines can
cross. One is in the middle of the pacific ocean and the other
is exactly where the pyramid was built.

Question. At this time, over 4,600 years ago,
who, on earth, could have possibly known where the exact
geographic center of the earth was. Question. Who could have
known of the existence of an underground granite mountain which
would be required to support the millions of pounds displaced by
the giant structure of the Great Pyramid.

The casing stones
measured about 5 by 5 by 20 feet and the outer side was highly
polished to a degree greater than your reading glasses are today.

The stones are 5000th of an inch apart even today. They are so
close together, you cannot see the cracks between the stones.
The cracks between stones were deliberate because it allowed
moisture to drain away from the pyramid to keep the stones from
cracking and breaking due to the extreme desert day time and
night time temperatures.

The builders of The Great Pyramid used a specially made glue
to cement the casing stones together and to attached them to the
sides of the pyramid's sandstone walls. It was a white substance
made to bond the polished granite stones over 4,600 years ago.
It is as strong as granite itself but has some elasticity to
allow the stones some movement over the centuries without causing
cracking or breaking. Though it has been tried, no one has been
able to replicate this glue today.

The Great Pyramid is a square circle. Pi is twice the
radius of a circle divided by its circumference or periphery. It
took mathematicians centuries to calculate pi and they could only
take pi to 6 decimal places in the 17 hundreds. If you take the
height of The Great Pyramid and double it, then divide that by
it's periphery, which is a square base, you have pi to six
decimal places. Hence, the pyramid is a square circle.

The periphery of the pyramid, measured by Sir Isaac Newton,
is 36,524 sacrad Jewish inches. Write the number 36,524 on a
piece of paper and look at it. Does anything about the number 3
"6 5 2 4" seem familiar? It just so happens to be the exact
number of days in one year. Leap year is every four years. Thus
some people think we have 365.25 days in one year and the leap
day is added every four years to compensate. This is untrue.
Leap year is skipped every 400 years or when the year ends with a
double zero. For example, there was no leap year in the year
1600 but there will be a leap day in the year 2000 to make the
calendar correct. Hence, the length of one year is 365.24 days
which is exactly what the base measurements of The Great pYramid
revealed over 4,600 years ago. The height of The Great Pyramid
is 454 feet which is also the exact average height of all the
land mass on earth.

There are a million other amazing things about that pyramid...check that link for the full article...

[edit on 23/11/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GerhardSA

Hello Gerhard,

Gerhard: Has something like this ever been discussed or attemted? Attemt at building an replica of the Great Pyramid, inside, out, with limestone covering and capsule stone, THE WHOLE NINE YARDS!?

SC: Egyptologist, Mark Lehner, had a go at this some years ago and failed miserably. Also, I believe a Japanese team made an attempt to build a miniature replica and faired even worse than Lehner.

"attempts have been made to prove that the pyramid could be constructed using the known ancient Egyptian tools and methods. Egyptologist Mark Lehner has made an attempt with a large group of people but failed to even create a 6 m scale model of the pyramid. He had to call in the help of a truck with a winch to get the blocks out of the quarry. In the late seventies a Japanese team funded by Nissan made another attempt to create an 18 m high scale model using the same primitive ancient Egyptian tools such as chisels and hammers. The once so proud Japanese team returned home disillusioned and embarrassed, since they had to use jackhammers to cut the hard stone, were unable to get the stones across the Nile and eventually had to use bulldozers, a truck and even a helicopter to get the blocks stacked to a pile that remotely resembled a pyramid. In both attempts made to reconstruct the pyramid, only small blocks were carved from the quarry but remember that the real pyramid contains blocks with the weight of a steam engine locomotive! "

Source

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Why don't we just build an exact replica...full scale...hmmm...I wonder why...they did it back then...and we build space crafts that are mind-blowing in their complexity...we build ridiculously sized machines to collide two of the smallest particles known to man...but we can't build a pyramid?!?

We already built a replica.

A better replica.

Complete with gambling machines

[edit on 23-11-2009 by merka]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If you can provide the beer and bread required for the job I am sure you could at least get a few volunteers.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

ok sure, but they used the methods Egyptologist think is was build.
why not try it with modern tech(although everyone says the tech is not good enough even now). sure we might fail, but a smaller replica with our current tech. i mean, if we could build it, or even restore it, wow..that would be amazing.
they pyramids are already there, why not restore it to its original state, and with the limestones. sure it will cost probably millions, but its still the pyramids. would be worth the money in my opinion

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Talk to BlackM, believe he referred to the Virtual Library of Architecture has an exacting computer simulation/model of the Giza plateau that incorporates celestial sky maps for checking alignments against the stars. That was done a while back, late 90's or early 2000, so maybe they've improved upon it since.

It was called the "The Giza Plateau Mapping Project" by University of Chicago
link here:
oi.uchicago.edu...

Again, not to steal Blackmarketeer's credit, as he sent me this link some time ago. Well worth checking out, but I don't think they give access to the model freely to just anyone. I'd say if you want to know more contact BlackM.

Ulp, just did a check and see this is the same model ScottC must be referring to since it mentions Lehner.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GerhardSA

why not try it with modern tech(although everyone says the tech is not good enough even now). sure we might fail, but a smaller replica with our current tech. i mean, if we could build it, or even restore it, wow..that would be amazing.
they pyramids are already there, why not restore it to its original state, and with the limestones. sure it will cost probably millions, but its still the pyramids. would be worth the money in my opinion

Cool idea I would help do that.
A more admirable undertaking than pillaging the tombs

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
David Sereda... he has the right idea as to what the purpose was, without building the pyramid on the same scale, but to develop a device to do what thew suspects the pyramid was designed for....interesting...read up on him guys

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d47c39efbc37.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01c261c0e1f7.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/221437dea411.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9abbe1d09d1e.jpg[/atsimg]

These pyramids cause much confusion don't they? We were all working on them, then we couldn't understand each others speech anymore so we all lost interest in what is right in front of us.

The earth is growing yet perspective is shrinking away.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/184043d7f6f6.jpg[/atsimg]

"He sits on the circle of the earth"

Peace

[edit on 25-11-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The builders of The Great Pyramid used a specially made glue
to cement the casing stones together and to attached them to the
sides of the pyramid's sandstone walls. It was a white substance
made to bond the polished granite stones over 4,600 years ago.
It is as strong as granite itself but has some elasticity to
allow the stones some movement over the centuries without causing
cracking or breaking.

We suppose the casing stone was white...
however look at the image from a later reply, & note the 4 small tunnels which are thought to be pointing at certain stars , around 2500 BCE.

Here's my idea, those tunnels seem to be around the same height - but on two different faces of the Pyramid ( N & S ) I would suggest that even though the star-light holes are small, they would be both seen on an all white finished surface...so, what If the ancients used a band of Black casing stones which also hid thise holes/tunnels from observation...

the visual effect of a white man-made mountain with a wide band around it at a 2/3 of its height level would be even more awesome

visualize a horizontal black casing stone band around the whole pyramid
that was as wide as the distance between the lower & upper 'starlight tunnels...
...from 'letthereaderunderstand'

thanks, both posters for the material & visuals

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The people who claim we can't build it today with our current technology are complete idiots trying to make money off other complete idiots who believe those complete idiots.

We have cranes capable of lifting and moving three thousand tonnes, the pyramid stones weigh a mere two to two and a half tonnes. There is a video on youtube with a man moving up to nine tonnes on his own with minimal effort using no modern technology at all. He erects his first Stonehenge pillar unaided, by himself and then continues on to move a barn three hundred feet, all without the joy's of modern technology. I refuse to accept that the Egyptians could not have built it, especially when we take into account ancient historians who write the Egyptians built it, the pyramid builders tombs that attests to their own feats of engineering as well.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f1439c5b721.jpg[/atsimg]
Take me to my concubines!! Hey this darned thing is made out of FIBERGLASS!!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

i would like to think this as well... Just a small correction in that i read somewhere that the weight of the sotnes used in the pyramids rance from 1 odd tons to about 70 tons. i know that some vranes on earch can move much heavier structures around. One of my buddies here in Johannesburg is a construction contracter who is working on the Gauteng Metro Rail Project(Gautrain) and some of those structures they move into place with some of these huge hydrolic cranes weigh up to 10-20 tons...so we definitely have the moving equipment.
BUT... then again, it will always be tough to build something that you have no clue about, purpose wise etc, and there might be maby hidden things in and around the pyramids we dont even know about, that might be fital to it supposed "purpose" or to "work". if Haewass the clown would only allow people and scientists to conduct proper time and studies with these structures, we might know more about them, much faster...but NO....They already know everything about it....narrow minded (or hiding stuff) people like this i hate! Its people like him that gives me a cramp in the ass!
like saying the Sphinx is as old as the pyramids because Khaf is written outside the Sphinx, and that its been dated back to the 4th danasity. idiots...if they knew anything about carbon dating etc, they would know its flawed and that you cannot carbon date a natureal rock formation such as the Sphinx, because it was carved out of natural rock formation.
this just shows me that they dont know exactly how old Giza is

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Hey St Udio...Just wanted to say hello and thanks.

Hey what do you think about the pyramids in relation to Geodes. I was listing to David Sereda on C2C and he was talking about these experiments he has been doing with harmonics and stone and says he has achieved over unity. He did it by using dimensions of a Geode. Interesting to say the least.

On the Orion over lay. You guys should all do this in Google Earth if you can then look at the spots where the main stars fall. You will find some interesting anomalies. I'll try to post some for you guys in a couple min's .

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Semitransparent of bottom half
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5ac8729d338.jpg[/atsimg]
Right Foot
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/920d21b20fbb.jpg[/atsimg]
Left Foot
I traced in the hexagram to make it more apparent, but there are 6 poles set up to form a hexagram...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9164104c5fd.jpg[/atsimg]
Right shoulder which appears to be on private property. Right where the star would be located you see this Y shape in they yard ...you'll see.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7fcb9b01bb00.jpg[/atsimg]
Again the whole overlay. Somethings are mislabeled on this.

Happy thanksgiving...Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

i would like to think this as well... Just a small correction in that i read somewhere that the weight of the sotnes used in the pyramids rance from 1 odd tons to about 70 tons. i know that some vranes on earch can move much heavier structures around. One of my buddies here in Johannesburg is a construction contracter who is working on the Gauteng Metro Rail Project(Gautrain) and some of those structures they move into place with some of these huge hydrolic cranes weigh up to 10-20 tons...so we definitely have the moving equipment.
BUT... then again, it will always be tough to build something that you have no clue about, purpose wise etc, and there might be maby hidden things in and around the pyramids we dont even know about, that might be fital to it supposed "purpose" or to "work". if Haewass the clown would only allow people and scientists to conduct proper time and studies with these structures, we might know more about them, much faster...but NO....They already know everything about it....narrow minded (or hiding stuff) people like this i hate! Its people like him that gives me a cramp in the ass!
like saying the Sphinx is as old as the pyramids because Khaf is written outside the Sphinx, and that its been dated back to the 4th danasity. idiots...if they knew anything about carbon dating etc, they would know its flawed and that you cannot carbon date a natureal rock formation such as the Sphinx, because it was carved out of natural rock formation.
this just shows me that they dont know exactly how old Giza is

Noahs Arc wasn't a boat, it was an Arc. People get messed up because of the Gopherwood thing. It's a mistranslation of a K. Wood wasn't intoduced into the story until the late 1700's. It never was wood, it was stone. The purportions only read correctly in Hebrew. It delineates 3 each of the design. English messed it up for some reason? Hmmm.

The promise of Orion's Bow should be noted. Not a Rain bow. Orion's bow.Horus is the dove and Set is the raven. the list goes on and on.

I'm sure they are the coded story of other myths as well. Tower of Babel for instance. Tower of Confusion. I would certainly call them that.

They are the design saw in the mountain. They represent a Volcano, Hence a tried and tested capstone. Baal Cain or Christ. These are also the three Crosses that the Krst Christ Horus/Jesus was crucified...in sarcasm sarchopogus.

It's all there just need to connect the dots...literally.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d47c39efbc37.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01c261c0e1f7.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9abbe1d09d1e.jpg[/atsimg]

These pyramids cause much confusion don't they? We were all working on them, then we couldn't understand each others speech anymore so we all lost interest in what is right in front of us.

The earth is growing yet perspective is shrinking away.

"He sits on the circle of the earth"

Peace

[edit on 25-11-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

letthereaderunderstand...this is a very interesting post...what do you try to say in the post..that the pyramids might be storage for the arc, or the arc itself? im now going according to what i read in the hebrew text....some more explaining plz

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Never mind this post, sorry for bumping the thread. my bad.
2nd

edit on 24/9/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thanks for bumping it though! I learned some things from this thread.

2nd line

edit on 9/24/2010 by TheBloodRed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join