It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain planned to use pigeons for bio-war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This ranks right up there with the Chicken-Filled Nuclear Landmine. Had this been April 1st, I would have treated it with equal skepticism.

Friday, 21 May 2004
Britain considered training pigeons to deliver biological weapons after the Second World War but decided the birds had outlived their usefulness in battle, government files released yesterday show.
Gulf Daily News

[related articles]
WMDs to be dropped by pigeon post
The brainchild of an RAF pigeon enthusiast, Wing Commander WDL Rayner, who was fully supported by the wartime head of MI6, Sir Stewart Menzies, he believed that his "revolutionary" theories could change the way future wars were fought. An ad hoc sub-committee was set up by the Joint Intelligence Committee to look at the prospects for "pigeon warfare".
Scotsman.com

Plan for kamikaze pigeons to bomb Russia
In 1946 the Soviet Union was racing to catch up with the United States in developing an atom bomb. In Britain, the military was working on a secret and terrible weapon of its own: germ warfare suicide pigeons.
Independent.co.uk

My fovorite quote: "It is clear that pigeon research will not stand still; if we do not experiment, other powers will." I know germ warfare is in no way a laughing matter but I cannot envision myself saying that in public with a straight face.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
"sir we have a blip on the radar"

"is it a plane
is it a missile"

"no. its a pigeon!??"

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Seeing Pigeons are already identified and studied in medical science as major carriers of deciese and virri, this doesn't really come as a surprise.

For all we know, the things medical science sees pigeons cary are already partly there because of being placed there intentionaly.
Makes you think really.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Stop the pigeon, Stop the pigeon
Stop the pigeon, Stop the pigeon
Nab him, Grab him, Bag Him, Jab him;
Stop That Pigeon
NOW!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I saw this on BBC last night, quite interesting.

Adds a whole new dimension to suicide bombers.

Deep

new topics

top topics

join