It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hemorrhagic flu in US, says Polk County Coroner, deaths under-reported

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm struggling to understand how, if this was planned, did the government think we wouldn't catch on.

How could Mike McConnell tell us there may be a biological attack within a year, and this happen right on time? I don't understand. If they did this, then they told us in plain sight they did it. It makes no sense.

And then Biden warned us Obama would do something, in so many words, that would be unpopular and require our support. Martial law? It must be that with the coming H1N1 mutation.

How did they think it wouldn't be transparent, or at least odd to us that they predicted this so accurately? (assuming this plays out as I'm thinking, and others at ATS are thinking)

I don't expect an answer to this, as I've had enough reading for a long time and just want to prepare and forget about it for awhile. I'll check now and then.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is only a story in conspiracy sites.

jones, rense, this one.

you would think that people would bump hip to it not actually being a story at all but yet one more hoax for all the people that want to believe to believe and to feed on until the next report from the moon.

yeesh.

h1n1 is a zootropic form of influenza virus.

In 22 million reported cases is has killed about 1000 people in the usa since it started to spread and became pandemic in the spring.

that is a mortality rate of 0.000018% roughly and is the same in scope as regular influenza which kills some 40,000 americans annually.

hemmorhagic diseases like ebola and a few others are not pandemic or widespread at all.

seriously people, would some of you please get serious for even just a moment, taht would be awesome. thanks.

once more for effect >

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by invernal
How did they think it wouldn't be transparent, or at least odd to us that they predicted this so accurately?

They? Them? It's not so hard to predict the future with all the resources we have. AQ has laid out their 7 phase plan pretty much in the open and they are right on schedule. The problem happens when no one listens and takes it seriously.

link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I know what you mean...The good old Bush bashing days..All we have to do is look back to Sept 08 when everything was falling apart. We have seen so much change so fast. That alone makes you sick. And now H1N1 and after getting snippets of info out of the Ukraine about this horrid illness I wake up to hear that of all places it might be in Iowa..Well that's fantastic...All of this has been done to us,I mean what's next???? There is some real evil crap going down..

link   
reply to post by JJay55

I'm a huge 12 Monkeys fan, and that thought never occurred to me. If the NWO were secretly influencing the script of the movie, and they wanted to symbolize (in code) what their real plans were (to mutate the 1918 strain to something nasty like the are now), then it now makes sense why Bruce Willis' future government sent him back to WW1, right before they zapped him to the days before the scientist kills the world.

It makes no sense why they would have sent him (and the latin guy) back to WW1 - they proved they were able transport him to at least the correct decade (90's) and even the correct week. So how could they send both prisoners back to the same hour in WW1, unless they did it on purpose?

The only logical answer that the writers of the movie would do this: As a secret code to tell us viewers of what their plan was. You know how Jordon Maxwell says the NWO gains spiritual power by telling their victims what their intentions are before they do it? That sort of thing.

Now that guy in the red VW bug? Is he like Bruce Willis' character? Warning us of what is about to occur only to disappear into the government's secret prison system (or grave) for ever?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Originally posted by apacheman
Just got a report a few minutes ago from an ER nurse friend in Phoenix.

She reports no cases of hemorrhagic flu there yet, BUT....

She also reported that two pregnant women were recently brought in with flu symptoms and both died within hours of arrival, losing both mother and child. No autopsies yet, and no one knows what exactly killed them.

She'll be giving me updates every day or so, so I'll let you guys know the moment I hear anything worth reporting. I'm trying to establish a network of ER personnel to report to me when they can. I strongly suggest that if you know any ER people you do the same and we collate all reports here.

Swine flu causes spontaneous abortion.

Babies who were in utero in infected mothers during the 1918 pandemic suffered physical problems and shorter lifespans comparatively. Researchers think the large number of Parkinson's Disease cases after 1918 were caused by lasting effects in the survivors.

There's also evidence the current swine flu leaves victims with permanent disabilities but that's another issue the WHO and CDC are not telling anyone.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Oh, all of us are going to be a blast at family Thanksgiving gatherings, eh? That's Uncle Fred, he thinks the world is going to end because of swine flu. Great holiday fun!

I have learned to keep this information to myself and my immediate family knows the drill when I bring home gallons of bleach and livestock.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ukraine Fatalaties Linked to Mutation (Houston, TX)

The receptor binding domain (RBD) for the Ukraine H1N1 mutation, D225G, has been linked to fatal cases of swine flu infection. Demographic and genetic analysis for the H1N1 mutation taking place in the Ukraine virus has been published by Mill Hill, the London laboratory that performed testing on samples from the Ukraine. D225G is the same RBD that was found in the virus that caused the 1918 Spanish flu outbreak.

H1N1 mutation fatalities

According to this analysis of the Mill Hill lab information, each of the fatal cases of flu from the Ukraine virus contained this marker. D225G is the name for the receptor binding domain of this particular virus. A virus attaches to charged molecules on host cells, but each type of virus attaches to a different type of molecule, in a different way. The H1N1 mutation found in the Ukraine attaches in the same place, in the same way, as the Spanish flu virus from 1918.

Detection of the H1N1 mutation

While positive results for the H1N1 virus with D225G are not widespread, this may be the result of the methods of testing. Tests for swine flu typically consist of a nasal swab, which is unlikely to pick up this mutated virus, due to its location. The H1N1 mutation that is causing fatalities in the Ukraine and Norway affects the respiratory system, and is found deep in the lungs.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Date: 23.11.2009 04:40:07
According to analysis of genetic testing done by the World Health Organization, the Ukraine flu virus is an H1N1 mutation that is similar to the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic. The two flu virus outbreaks both have changes in the receptor binding domain D225G, and similar symptoms, which include bleeding in the lungs. Current estimates of the deaths attributed to the Ukraine flu outbreak is as many as 400, and increasing daily.

Spanish flu pandemic

In 1918, the Spanish flu pandemic killed between 20 million and 40 million people. The pandemic took place during the end of World War I, but ten times as many Americans died from the Spanish Flu as died in the war - nearly 700,000. The most severely struck regions were in areas of high humidity. Some speculation existed that the Spanish flu was an early attempt at a biological weapon due to the extremely high death rate, and symptoms that included bleeding in the lungs.

H1N1 Mutation in the Ukraine

The H1N1 mutation in the Ukraine also includes the symptoms of bleeding in the lungs, and has been described as an infection that completely destroys the lungs. The receptor binding proteins present in the Spanish flu and in swine flu mutations that result in bleeding lungs and death are the same. A virus attaches to charged molecules on cells. Some attach to proteins and others to lipids, but the type of molecule differs between viruses. The virus samples analyzed by the World Health Organization from the Ukraine flu showed a different receptor binding pattern than the original swine flu virus, but the same as the receptor binding pattern as the 1918 Spanish flu.

sorche www.hisz.rsoe.hu...

[edit on 23-11-2009 by ressiv]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Kailassa

The scaremongering about the swine flu is getting people all looking for anything that happens around and weird by hyper up news of deaths to think that is some mutation into a monster that is going to kill us all.

I take swine flu more seriously than you seem to, but I do agree that some people are blowing it out of all proportion. As I said, masses of people around here have been quite ill, repeatedly, from swine flu, and many have gone on to develop pneumonia. But none of the people I know have needed a hospital, much less a cemetery.

People underrate the ability of a reasonably healthy body to survive and recuperate.

First of all swine flu is not the 1918 flu that cause so many death due to many environmental and human conditions at the time, 1918 was more linked to symptoms of Ebola, if any case of Ebola symptoms appears in the US then the government would not be so lie back as its right now, Ebola is fatal.

Ebola is has a much higher kill rate than the Spanish Flu did.
The Spanish Flu has been dug up from frozen corpses in Alaska and reconstructed, so we know a lot about it. It was a mixture of swine, bird and human flues just as this flu is. And this flu has been shown to be mutating to a form closer to the 1918 Spanish flu.

Some types of influenza can cause "melting lungs", and Spanish influenza, avian influenza, SARS and this new strain of flu are amongst them.

You are right that environmental and human conditions have a lot to do with it. On the average people now have more space and better living conditions, so very deadly contagious diseases find it harder to get a foothold.

One of the worst things in 1918 was sick soldiers being jam-packed into troopships in America and sent to Europe. There was no space on the ships for the healthy to keep any distance from the sick, so the virus could mutate into a form which killed very fast, and still be passed on to a bunch of new hosts.

Swine flu has been around for decades infecting people without even been acknowledge until 1976, when it was time for money making by the big pharma and cash on it.

Yes it has. I read that authorities were quite surprised to see how much immunity people already had to this virus.

By CDC statistics swine flu has infected over 22 million of people in the US, and we don't have mass graves to call it a pandemic, but the CDC had to go back to April to scrape for pneumonia death cases to account for the almost 5 thousand deaths so far.

It's a pandemic because of the way it has spread. A disease does not have to be fatal to be a pandemic. It just has to be spreading world-wide.

If acne was contagious you could have an acne pandemic.

That is why I keep telling that what is killing is the pneumonia that in most cases is going untreated because you can get pneumonia with or without swine flu and is growing problem in the US.

Statistics show that 5 to 10 million people contract pneumonia in the nation every year without swine flu to help and seasonal flu side effects also affect pneumonia.

With 50 to 70 thousand deaths a year alone.

Is very clear that Pneumonia side effects if untreated causes swelling of the brain and the hart, causes edema and lungs to fill with phlegm in chronic untreated cases the lungs will fill with pus and abscess that will bleed into the lungs.

That's quite true, but this year we are getting lots of extra cases of pneumonia, and these extra cases are being caused by swine flu. (or Californian flu as many Europeans call it.)

And that is what I have researched so far.

Good work.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

-Based on what has happened to Moshe, his info was correct. A mutated swine flu, that is the 1918 strain has been released in the Ukraine, and now has spread across the globe. It was probably in vaccines, and sprayed by aircraft. (yes it is a bio attack).

Do you mean This Joseph Moshe, the Israeli Professor, or the "Joseph Moshe" arrested in LA who was a completely different person and about 20 years younger?

From what I've seen the majority of people who've died were NOT vaccinated. Ukraine had zero vaccinations, the same goes for Poland at this time as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I take anything very seriously after all I have a family to take care off also, with elderly parents in both sides and grandparents in their 80s.

The problem is that after doing research things doesn't look as bad as we may think at least for me.

Sources use for many of the testing for mutations of swine flu are no very trusted places when you have corruption and big pharma financing such places and contributing to the hype of anything that is out of the ordinary and weird or just when cases that are isolated and rare happen.

I am very confidence with all the information I have gathered on the influenza to say that things will calm down and die eventually.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Some flu viruses may set up sufferers to get Parkinson's later in life: study
Provided by: Canadian Press
Written by: Helen Branswell, Medical Reporter, THE CANADIAN PRESS
Aug. 10, 2009

TORONTO - Infection with some kinds of influenza viruses may set up people to be at higher risk of developing Parkinson's disease later in life, a new American study suggests.

The work, inspired by the story behind the 1990 movie "Awakenings," suggests some aggressive strains of flu that can pass into the brain may deplete dopamine-creating neurons, leaving a person more vulnerable to developing the neurodegenerative disease at a later date.

"I am very confident (that) ... viruses will be considered a player in the etiology of PD (Parkinson's disease)," said senior author Dr. Richard Smeyne, a neurologist and neuroscientist at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
"Not a direct cause, but maybe the initiating cause... It sets you up."

"Awakenings" was the story of how American neurologist Oliver Sacks figured out he could revive people suffering from a strange sleeping sickness called encephalitis letharagica or von Economo's encephalopathy using the newly discovered Parkinson's drug L-dopa.

An epidemic of von Economo's encephalopathy in parts of Europe and in North America was recorded from about 1915 to 1926. A couple of decades later some of the survivors of the event descended into a catatonic state which Sacks correctly identified as Parkinsonian.

The overlap of the initial outbreak with the 1918 Spanish flu led some people to conclude infection with that virulent virus was the trigger for the illness.

Smeyne has been studying whether there is a viral component to the development of Parkinson's disease. Unusual clusters of cases have led researchers to believe exposures to environmental agents like pesticides or bacterial or viral infections may contribute to the development of Parkinson's in some people.

The most famous of the clusters involved a Vancouver TV show in the late 1970s on which a young Michael J. Fox worked. Fox and several other members of the production developed Parkinson's at an early age.

In discussions with colleagues in St. Jude's renown influenza research team, Smeyne and his team decided to look at whether influenza viruses might be one such trigger using another highly virulent flu virus - the H5N1 avian flu variety. A co-author of the paper is Dr. Robert Webster, a leading figure in the world of influenza.

The article, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, traced the entry and progression of the H5N1 avian flu virus in the brains of infected mice. The scientists found the aggressive H5N1 virus killed about 17 per cent of dopamine-creating neurons.

Smeyne said a corresponding loss in humans - if it occurs - wouldn't be enough to trigger Parkinson's on its own. But it could predispose a person to be more vulnerable to developing it, or speed up the point in life at which someone might develop the neurodegenerative disease, he said.

An expert on the virus that caused the Spanish flu, Dr. Jeffery Taubenberger, said the study raises an interesting hypothesis, but does not answer the question of whether flu viruses play a role in the development of Parkinson's.

"I think that it's certainly interesting to think about ... certain viruses that might be able to replicate in neuronal cells as an example of something that could lead to an insult, a physical insult, that could lead to some kind of neurodegeneration," said Taubenberger, an influenza researcher at the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, part of the National Institutes of Health.

"But I think that it is a bit extreme to take a mouse study and then say that there might be a link in humans to Alzheimer's or Parkinson's disease."

Taubenberger, who led a team that excavated viral remnants of the virus that caused the Spanish flu and then sequenced the virus, said a sort of mythology has encompassed the 1918 virus, ascribing to it powers it probably did not have.

Work he has done looking at whether the virus was responsible for the epidemic of von Economo's encephalopathy does not support a link, he said. He and his team have studied preserved brain tissues of people who suffered from the condition, looking for traces of viral RNA. They found nothing.

They also looked at whether the 1918 virus travels into the brain when mice are experimentally infected with it. It does not. The combined work, Taubenberger said, led his team to conclude the data don't support a strong link between the 1918 flu and the outbreak of von Economo's encephalopathy.

He suggested a study of survivors of H5N1 infection could shed light on whether they suffer any neurological or neurodegenerative conditions that might be linked to that virus.

Smeyne said the neurodegenerative aspect his team sees with H5N1 probably does not exist for all flu viruses and may not be true for the milder swine flu or H1N1 virus causing the current flu pandemic.

"It's a fairly mild form of influenza. There doesn't seem to be encephalitis associated with it," he said.

"That would suggest we would not see it (crossing into the brain). But I think without the direct experimental evidence which we need to look at, I think that we can't say one way or the other at this point."

-

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by invernal

Originally posted by Kailassa
I don't see the point in taking a drug when a common food serves the same purpose.
Ginger has no bad side effects. As well as being an anti-inflammatory it is safe to use long term, it is better than any anti-nausea drug, it gives one an appetite, it's readily available, cheap and it tastes good.

Some people are allergic to the food "medicine", including even ginger (or the whole ginger family which includes a bunch of spices like turmeric and cardamom, too).

Bromelain (pineapple enzyme) is an anti-inflammatory, which I've read can even work better than ibuprofen for some issues (*don't* know about with H1N1). However, people with latex allergies may be allergic to that, too (as well as kiwi, avocados, bananas, and who knows what else in that allergy cross-reaction group).

There is also a caution with bromelain, as it can increase the heartrate. It can also make anything you take with it more bio-available or potent, meaning you could also increase potentially dangerous side effects.

So, just because it's natural doesn't mean it's ideal for a given person.

I still prefer natural, but I myself took tylenol when I got my H1N1 fever. It was the only drug (granted, OTC) that I took, because I didn't know what else to take and the fever isn't something I play around with.

Good info thanks. The more remedies we know of the more likely we are to each pick the one that's right for us.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am very confidence with all the information I have gathered on the influenza to say that things will calm down and die eventually.

Hmmm...

That sums it all up pretty well.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The latest I can find about the mutation:

www.recombinomics.com...

Commentary

Evidence on H1N1 D225G in Lung Cases in Norway and Ukraine Recombinomics Commentary 11:29 November 21, 2009 The WHO said the mutation does not appear to spread and the public health significance of the finding is unclear.

"Although further investigation is under way, no evidence currently suggests that these mutations are leading to an unusual increase in the number of H1N1 infections or a greater number of severe or fatal cases," the agency said.

The above WHO comments on the receptor binding domain change D225G (cited as position 222 in some reports using H1 numbering) is curious. Although WHO claimed that there were no significant changes in the sequences from Ukraine, none of the Ukraine situation updates excluded a receptor binding domain change, and when 10 HA sequences were published at GISAID by WHO regional lab Mill Hill, there was clear evidence of an association of D225G with fatal cases. Of the 10 sequences released, four were listed as deceased, and all four had D225G. None of the six samples which came from patients that were labeled with age and gender but had no deceased designation had D225G. Moreover, three of the four samples from deceased patients were lung samples and all three lung samples had D225G. The samples which had closely related sequences but lacking D225G were predominantly nasal washes, which also presented concerns that the swine H1N1 was differentially detected, due in part to changes in receptor binding specificity.

This concern was based on published data on sequences from samples from 1918 patients. In 1918 the same change occurred. Most samples had a D at position 225, while two samples had D225G (from 1918 and 1919). The tested sample with D225G had a different binding specificity, which would be expected to show differential binding to various tissue types.

Moreover, the D225G identified from Ukraine was in both of the hard hit areas, Ternopil and Lviv. Two samples from each area were positive, indicating the change had spread. Ukraine has already acknowledged over 350 dead patients and initial reports described hemorrhagic lungs that were totally destroyed. This destruction was in multiple media reports as well as an agency report describing 90 fatal cases.

Moreover, the evidence was not limited to Ukraine. Earlier samples from lung tissues from deceased patients in Sao Paulo also had D225G, as did patients in multiple countries. Most cases were not described in detail, but the case from China was from the first severe case in Zheijiang Province and although the patient survived, she was hospitalized for several weeks.

In addition, the presence of the same change on multiple backgrounds indicated the polymorphism was being acquired via recombination. The sudden appearance of the same polymorphisms on multiple backgrounds has been described previously, including a silent change in H5N1 and H274Y in seasonal flu. These changes allowed for the prediction of D225G in the Ukraine patients prior to release of the sequences.

The above comments were made after D225G was found in samples from deceased or severe cases in Norway, which provided further evidence of spread and association with lung samples.

Thus, there was and is ample evidence of D225G in severe and fatal cases. Like 1918, it is not in all samples from fatal cases, and as with all infectious disease, not all infections are fatal. If the initial dose is low, or the hosts mounts and effective early defense, the clinical course may be mild, as has been seen with virtually all influenza infections, including H5N1 infections such as those in Egypt.

Thus, the presence of the 1918 receptor binding domain change in an H1N1 swine virus that has jumped to humans is cause for concern, and a more comprehensive survey of lung samples is useful, as well as release of new receptor binding data.

Now, to place this in context.

A lot of people will get sick, far more than normal.

A lot of people will die, again, more than normal, but most probably not enough to fulfill the worst fears of some here, or even the mid-worst.

A lot of the people who recover will have a lingering convalescance, with an uptick in subsequent medical problems due to viral damage.

The virus is unstable and could explode in a very bad way.

What concerns me is not so much the "who did what" aspects, but rather the inevitable consequences.

This is not occurring in a vacuum: all economies are fragile now, and many countries are under further stress due to weather conditions and neglected infrastructure, as witness the massive flooding in Britain and Ireland right now, the flooding along the East Coast and Southeast of the US, the Bay Bridge literally falling apart in San Fancisco, the shrinking and falling into disrepair fo Detroit.

With the failing economies comes more crowding and fewer medical resources. For all intents and purposes, many places in the US are third world standard.

So my concern is not the flu per se, but rather the economic fallout from having mnay more people sick at one time, many more requiring extended healthcare, many needs placing burdens on far too few resources.

The flu is merely (!!!!!) a huge complicating factor in an already distressed situation.

Taken together it is a worrisome picture.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

You know that mill hills is finance by 10 different big pharma and is been accused of corruption because of that, still their biggest financier is GlaxoSmithKline.

The WHO added, "The outbreak in Ukraine may be indicative of how the virus can behave in the northern hemisphere during the winter season, particularly in health care settings typically found in Eastern Europe. Given the potential significance of this outbreak as an early warning signal, WHO commends the government of Ukraine for its transparent reporting and open sharing of samples." The samples have been sent to the WHO Mill Hill Influenza Reference Lab in London, not exactly inspiring confidence in a scientifically honest report given the record of UK health authorities in manipulating data to please the vaccine giants like GlaxoSmithKline. As of this writing, bizarre enough the WHO has yet to utter a single word of the test results at Mill Hill.

www.australia.to...:ukraine-who-and-the-geopolitics-of-swine-flu-panic&catid=71:world-news&Item id=301

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That blog is a repost of a post from another blog and is full of unsubstantiated claims by the author. Does he have any proof that Mill Hill is owned / controlled by Glaxo Smith Kline? Do you?

There's a huge difference between people making claims on blogs and what passes for news these days.

He also claims Henry Niman owns a vaccine company. I know that's not true but to be fair, is there any proof of that? Having patents which could be used by vaccine makers is not even in the same ballpark as "owning a vaccine company".

Independent labs perform studies for any number of clients, has Mill Hill performed lab work for GSK in the past which is being translated to being owned / and / or controlled by them?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Yep, the WHO says "nothing to see here folks, move along" while the CDC quietly issues an alert to American medical facilities about the new mutation and the fact it is causing more cases of hemorrhagic pneumonia.

CDC issues alert...

How some people translate that into "hyping up the fear" is beyond me. I get more of a "sit calmly and wait to die" vibe.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Edit to delete, just remembered your "real conspiracy thread".

[edit on 11/23/2009 by Finalized]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join