It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 is Fantastic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I thought that it would be typical Hollywood crap but I have to say that they were really on the money. This movie was not only great - but you would think they were following ATS threads.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I think you're right. They stole the whole script from us. :shk:

I haven seen it yet...but the way the bridges fall, things crumble and the Earth just swallowing everything, trust me.....
we were robbed.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
That whole movie was over the top ridiculous, but fun nonetheless.

"I'm comin' home, Dorothy" lolololololol

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I like the way you think - I'm gonna have to get me a cool avatar like that!

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

Oh come'on, you know damn well it was great. It was like the Posiden Adventure on steroids. That was a great movie. The thing that blew me away the most was that they really tried to stay within the reality of everything we are talking about! Sun spots, polar shift, etc. All the science as well as the prophetic stuff.

If you are one of us (ATS) you absolutely have to go to the biggest screen and see this movie.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ive been trying to put my finger on exactly what botherd me about it, and Bill Ryan from Project Camelot sums it up nicley for me >

Emmerich spent $250 million and didn’t check how high the Drakensberg Mountains were, didn’t know what the North Face of Everest really looked like, and failed to locate a high school physics student to ask whether or not neutrinos “mutate”, whether cellphones would still work when solar storms destabilize the Earth's core, and whether light planes can fly through clouds of volcanic ash. And that’s before we get started on the plot, the script, the acting, and the logic and/or impossibility of almost every scene. The best online review I read suggested that casting John Cusack in the lead role was like reciting Shakespearean sonnets at a pie-eating contest. Exactly.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

It's a great film - the only issues with it though is the car scene where they escape the megaquake. Driving thru' buildings that are collapsing etc is way too far fetched for a close call every single time. Not everything has to be a close call for it to be a good film and have a great storyline.

Still gets 9/10 though, and will take some beating.

On another note - aren't megaquakes expected in LA or San Francisco and the california area fairly soon that could destroy a whole city almost as catastrophically as the one in the film.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I really hate this guy's movies. They are way too long, way too derivitive and, the ultimate sin, they are completely boring. Having been forced to sit thru the first 3 of his over-hyped and under-delivered fantasies I will not make the same mistake with this fetted piece of regurgitated trype. His rediculously expensive CGI remakes of 50's - 70's disaaster/sci-fo flicks are as lifeless and uninspired as I imagine this guy's sex life to be.

Nowadays every artist borrows something from the past greats. It's really impossible not to. But the genuine artist adds something of themselves to the steal. They twist it upon itself in imaginative ways. Emmerich basically regurgitates concepts and scenes almost whole-hat while adding nothing to the reproduction eccept his own conceit for being wily enough a film student to steal it in the first place. I anxiously await the film he makes that features the line "Play it again, Sam". That film will be his triumph.

Screw this guy and screw the media paranoia blitz of 2012. I would like to draw the attention of all the ATS members to all of the 2012 hype on this forum that preceded the release of this pathetically feeble piece of cinematic junk. This site is being used by folks both big and bigger to promulgate agendas that are not what you and I are meant to think they are. Nothing against the site cuz the folks that run it have no way of discerning the agenda of anyone that posts here ,but, that alone should be enough of a warning to all of you sincere seekers out there. You should take everything you read and see on here with a huge grain of salt and always question the validity of anything that gets ascerted here as truth.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was disappointed with the movie.

The special effects were amazing.

The premise was interesting.

But the acting and the way they always got away at the last mili-second EVERY TIME was a little much for me.

Plus i know its a movie, but i like a little realism in my movies... so why exactly was a giant Russian military plane sitting on the tarmac in Vegas? (among many other things)

But i am not here to rip on this movie, so i wont go more into it.

I would say its worth seeing in theaters (for all the eye popping CGI)
however, not one I'll be putting on the shelf. (when its released)

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It was yet another 'cookie cutter' type plot the director has used in every single film he made.

1. They discover some pending doom
2. Marriage issues.. kid stuck in the middle
3. the crap hits the fan
4. person A tries to get back to person B before the end comes
5. they somehow make it to safety via some secret government device
6. they are saved.

Yey.. Seen it, save it. Drop the damn 'marriage issues' crap, and having to patch stuff up.. come on... that is so overdone.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

Don't forget the convenient death of the man who helped to keep their marriage and his kids apart from him - leaving him to fill the vacuum left behind.

And the part when he climbs out of the van and up the cliff-face even though he's inside the van when it went over the edge. Superman would have been proud of such an escape.
Ridiculous!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I think you're right. They stole the whole script from us. :shk:

I haven seen it yet...but the way the bridges fall, things crumble and the Earth just swallowing everything, trust me.....
we were robbed.

Errmmm who was robbed??

3) Content Copyright: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyright privileges to the material you post and you grant The Owners non-exclusive, non-revocable rights to publish your posts in perpetuity in all forms.
(from the terms and conditions)

We all gave up our rights to our ramblings! Either ATS is in on the 2012 film or they were ripped off.... Either way I'm shouting CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join