It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majestic! Cemel Dosce! [AFWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
He sat alone in his backyard enjoying the cloudy sky and the occasional breeze. The tree branches were dancing and the birds were singing. There was nothing more David enjoyed than embracing the beauty of nature on a fall cloudy day.

For years he would stroll around his backyard gazing at the wonders of life. From the tiny lady bugs crawling on the purple flowers, to the majestic holly tree growing in the middle of the yard, he could not help but stand in amazement at the creation before him.

On this particular day however, David did not take his routine walk. He instead sat down on the grass, lowered his head, closed his eyes and whispered slowly:

“Throughout my life, I have always wondered about the true nature of my existence. I question everything but can never come to a conclusion on who I am and why I am here. I want to know the truth. Am I a product of a divine entity? Am I simply a random mutation that has evolved over time? Who am I?”

He paused for a moment to wipe the tears dripping from his face and continued:

“I know that I don’t know anything. I can only assume how things are. But living with uncertainty and void is something I can not live with. I have searched for truth for 20 years and have yet to reach any conclusions. What is the purpose of living another year?”

David had no friends and his family passed away during “The Great Disaster of 2022”.

---

The discovery of particle teleportation by physicists of the LHC in 2016 made it possible for humans to send physical objects from one place to another in an instant. This discovery made life easier and completely changed the standard of living for all human beings on Earth.

There was no longer a dependency on oil because teleportation was the most effective way of traveling. Bus Stations and Airports became extinct and teleport booths were located on every corner. The billions of dollars saved by not purchasing oil led to the end of global hunger and poverty. The invention of teleportation revolutionized the entire world and resulted in the creation of UPE, The United People of Earth.

For the first time in history, the human race united and created a constitutional republic. A task that took 2 years to complete, the constitution granted all individuals freedom of expression, thought, privacy and life. All people regardless of origin and status were bound to follow the constitution. No one was above or below anyone else.

The invention of teleportation caused the spark needed to ignite a second Renaissance. Music saw the revival of the orchestra and a new genre was born, Jazzical. The mixture between Jazz and Classical music became the new “pop” among society and flocks of people would camp outside auditoriums and halls just to listen to their favorite song live. Famous composer D. A. Hinojosa created the Jazzical masterpiece “Majestic! Cemel Dosce!” to commemorate the 12 members who willingly revealed the existence of extraterrestrial intelligence, fueling the modern Renaissance and the quest for knowledge.

Celebrity worship disappeared and body image became irrelevant. People saw others for who they were and what they did. There was no war and peace filled the land. Crime was nonexistent because there was no need for it.

In 2021, all residents of UPE were required to own a Tellebox, a small device used to teleport objects 5 pounds or less. Now from the comfort of their own home, residents could send and receive items in a matter of seconds.

However, little did people realize what was to come…

[edit on 21-11-2009 by Davidius]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Johnny, 7, sneaked out one night to play with a deteriorating baby dolphin carcass outside his beach home. His parents had told him not to go near the dead body but he was curious to see what it was all about. He poked it a few times, moved it around and even took a piece of it home with him. Excited, he used he used the Tellebox to send it to his friend.

Several hours later, the entire population fell to their death.

How could this be?

The carcass John touched was no ordinary dolphin, it was a human child from the year 2009 that was infected with the H1N1 virus. The virus managed to survive for 13 years by feeding on the cells of microorganisms underneath the carcass brought by the ocean tide. Throughout the years, it evolved and mutated into a super virus with the ability to think on its own. When the piece of the carcass was teleported, the virus was able to understand how the teleportation technology worked and sent itself to every single teleportation device on the planet, wiping out everyone who owned a Tellebox.

There was only one survivor, David.

---

David opened his eyes and started to cry.

The memory of the past was overwhelming and unbearable. In a flash, he remembered how his mother and many others had passed away. The Cytokine effect only took 2 hours for someone to die. There were bodies all over the streets and there was nothing anyone could do.

He lifted his head, gazed up at the sky and said:

“I don’t know why I survived the disaster. I don’t know why I am here, alone. What am I to do with my life?”

He grew angry and screamed:

“Someone answer me! Someone answer me please! Please! Please!”

He threw himself at the ground and started weeping heavily. He thought about all the good times he spent with his friends and family and how he took them for granted. He thought about the past and how wonderful life was when others were present. Eventually, he blacked out from all the crying and fell asleep on the ground.

“Hello dear friend, we were walking along the road right over there when we heard someone screaming. We came over to check it out and found you unconscious on the ground.”

“How can that be?! I thought every human passed away in 2022?”

“Why do you think you are alive?”

“I don’t know. I never figured it out.”

“Are you left handed?”

“Yes I am left handed. What does that have to do with anything?”

“We do not understand it either, but left handed folks were able to survive the disaster without even a cough.”

“How strange...”

David woke up and found out it was just a dream…there were no others.

There never was. It was just him.

At that moment, he smiled and knew exactly what he had to do.

He walked outside and stood in amazement at the creation before him…

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Very dark and quirky story................ and I like it!!!!

You paint a utopian society, and it sounds wonderful and all that, and yet very boring. Nothing ever happens, exactly as required by law. and then........... in the relative blink of an eye, there was one. Nobody saw it coming, and the best minds had changed everything and it did no good -- the record was already written before the telling of the tale.

Upsetting story.................... I like it!!!

p.s. - thanks also for the education........ I thought that "Cemel Dosce" sounded familiar. Nice "hook".

[edit on 21/12/09 by argentus]

new topics

join