It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American couple arrested for spying for cuba

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
quote]KTVU.com
The documents describe the couple's spying methods changing with the times, beginning with old-fashioned tools of Cold War spying: Morse code messages over a short-wave radio and notes taken on water-soluble paper. By the time they retired from the work in 2007, they were reportedly sending encrypted e-mails from Internet cafes.

One court filing says changing technology also persuaded Gwendolyn Myers to abandon what she considered an easy way of passing information, by changing shopping carts in a grocery store. The document quoted her as saying she would no longer use that tactic. "Now they have cameras, but they didn't then

Has anyone seen this? I truly cant believe that this went on for 30 years undetected that doesnt say alot for America does it, And it wasnt for money it was for the love of cuba and Fidel Castro. He gets life ,her 7 1/2 years what makes them think thats fair ? And look how they transferred info , Not exactly high technology. Makes me want to pay more attention in the grocery store...Or Walmart. Ps What the hell is water soluble paper ?

[edit on 20-11-2009 by femmefreud]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The paper is made out of a rice flour based paste, if it gets wet it dissolves.

It is strong enough to write on and if you need to get rid of it in a hurry, you just dunk it.

It's been around for decades. You can imagine who uses it.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The paper is made out of a rice flour based paste, if it gets wet it dissolves.

reply to post by Maxmars

Thanks, I had no idea, I wonder where you would get something like that ? yea, you would think it would put a red flag up. if someone needed water soluble paper, I would certainly wonder why someone would want It ... Well you learn something new everyday.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by femmefreud

I had heard if you're desperate enough you can even make it yourself. But I don't know how myself.

Here's an interesting use for it....

www.extrapackaging.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Wow . I checked out that link, I went to check out the prices and gallery, It doesnt look like much , It popped up wanting a password and screen name, said it was a secure site, thats sort of wierd for a bussiness, Huh,I just pushed enter and it put me through, Boy its kind of pricey, Maybe it has to be because its not in that high of demand, I mean how many spies are there really... lol.. Thanks again i love to learn new things, thanks taking the time to reply.

new topics

top topics

join