It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
We got this movie last week. It is a kids movie. While parts of it are fun and funny. I must say I think this movie is pretty sad. I have heard this from a lot of people. It got great reviews but while I think it is good, it is sad and dark.

The man couldn't have kids. His wife dies. They try to take his house. The boyscout doesn't have a relationship with his father. The dog is neglected and picked on by other dogs. The childhood hero tries to kill them.

The bird if funny though. And they way they did Dug was exactly how a dog would be if he could talk.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

So is it something you would recommend or not.

Do the kids find it dark and sad, or only the adults? Need more info please.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I took my son to see the 3D version with my mother and brother over the summer in theaters. I thought it was really cute. Yes, the wife's death was sad and the continual reference to their plans she never got to see fulfilled.

Tribe: I think it's something that adults would get and maybe some older kids. It bummed myself and my family out but my son was intrigued by the pretty pictures and the 3D effects. lol

It was nothing too terrible (and I'm pretty sensitive). The wife dying almost made me tear up but that's it. I kind of liked it, though. Sometimes I dread taking my son to the movies because they are nothing but flashes and noise for kids with short attention spans. Upwas nice because it at least had a plot adults could be entertained by.

He's only 5 though. Not sure how old your kids are.

[edit on 11/20/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I will say that it was quieter and less action. It just seemed one event after another that was sad.

It is worth seeing tribe though not on par with Bugs Life or Toy Story.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I loved the previews for this film...

(showing my geekiness here)....

Many years ago, in a D&D campaign, one of our party members had a dog. We found a magical collar that allowed the dog to talk, and Dug is exactly how we roleplayed him talking, hehe....so it will be kind of nostalgic for me to see... (kept referring to my horse as a "really big dog...yeah...really big dog...whoa! what was that?....")

new topics

top topics

join