It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the source of love?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It was stated earlier that in many cases partners will stay together in a type of trade situation. "You give me your compassion, I'll give you mine." That's not love, that's survival.

Love IS a seatbelt to speak metaphorically. BUT, it's not one that you strap onto yourself. In terms of a relationship, a husband would buckle his wife and vice versa.

Love is when you can completely give yourself AND WANT to give yourself. Love is not forced.

Love is as critical for your mind and body as oxygen. It's not negotiable. The more connected you are, the healthier you will be both physically and emotionally. The less connected you are, the more you are at risk.

There is a mythology in our culture that love just happens. As a result, the depressed often sit around passively waiting for someone to love them. But love doesn't work that way. To get love and keep love you have to go out and be active and learn a variety of specific skills. It's true, there is a skill set that is needed to achieve and, in particular, maintain love.

One consequence of the popular culture influence upon our ideals of love is that we become disappointed when we actually receive true love because it does not fit out preconceived notions. Often times we don't realise that we want someone to fit our ideal of what love is but that ideal itself is misplaced.

My best (general)advice?
1) Maintain great communication skills. Not only verbal, but all aspects of communication.
2) Focus on the significant other while maintaining a certain amount of self-care as well.
3) Maintain a positive outlook. Depression or negativity often times keeps us from getting outside ourselves and learning to love. It keeps us selfish.

"It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
to quote my favorite band: "there is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy"

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by chiron613

Well chiron, it's both really. Love that isn't put into action IS love that isn't felt. The significant other doesn't "feel" the love if you don't put it into action. So, in essence, it's both how you feel AND how you act.

Why hasn't everyone starred this post by Agree2Disagree?????

Really?

This post says it all!

Star and a big

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

What is love? That is the first question to ponder my friends!

Love is not what man thinks it to be. Love is that of being.

Do you not exist? That is love, you are love, love is light they are the same thing, you are love/light light/love.

Find the love in every moment.

Take you thought then, go outside tommorow.

Feel the sun beat down it's indefinite warmth and love with nothing in return but that one simple original thought of love, that is unconditional love.

Namaste.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Thank you Tarzan.

Sometimes, especially philosophically, it's vital to simplify things down to the most basic concepts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join