It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the redactors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Also to which government agency do they belong?

When you think about the amount of documents that flows out of the government there has to be a single agency that blacks out all of the really juicy information.

We have all seen these type of document with black permanent marker and a copy quality that looks as if it came off of a memo-graph machine.

I have done some research on this, there are some company's that do redaction of documents. You also buy software that also does redaction but it still must read over by some one.

So I ask who are they, the them that redacts documents in the name of national security?

Wing-Nut

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't know but that's an excellent question.I would think it's quite secret.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think the joint chiefs, nsa executive and some of those guys from the disclosure project.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
FOIA Officers it seems.

Before the electronic age, FOIA officers would photocopy an original document, obliterate privileged information with a black marker or white tape, and make the required explanations in the margin. Then it was back to the copy machine to make a copy for the requester.

now they use software.

link

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Of course there is away to veiw printed material that has been blacked out on goverment documents.I am not going to reveal that infomation on the net.Its amasing how new technology can reveal hidden secrets from the past.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

top topics

join