It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture in Hell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Those who are sent to Hell aren't nessasarilly tortured, they are tested to see it they are true. The word translated torture (Basanizo - Basalt?) or torment in Revelation (ex. 20:10) literally means to test gold and other metals for it's purity using a touchstone, a black silicious rock like slate. The colour of the streak varies according to the purity.

Psalms 94:12 Blessed is the man you discipline, O Lord
Proverbs 3:12 Because the LORD disciplines those he loves

Standing erected infront of a tribunal of professors defending your PhD project, is hardly torture, but old Greeks might have used the same word, Basanizo, to discribe this process. Something to concider... Just because the Catholic Church used torture as their interrogation method of choice, this doesn't mean that all interrogations is torture. It's probably the least effective way of aquiring intel anyway, people would say whatever they would have to in order to ease the pain.

[edit on 18/11/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I am tortured every day.

Does that mean I am in hell?

Serious question.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Nah, it probably just means you are a good person.... Cheer up, every day has it's hidden pleasures aswell.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

lol yes

but anyways carry on

interesting theory

Though I argue, hell is here now.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Psalms 94:12 Blessed is the man you discipline, O Lord

Psalms 4:20 - High is the man who denounces your existence, O Lord

On topic:

You are kinda all over the place on this...can you please elaborate on the connection between greek scholars, the cath-o-lick church, hell and interrogations once more..?

Otherwise, I may not get to sleep tonight.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
How do you know that hell even exists?

Could hell be a form of social conditioning to scare people into believing in god/Religion?

Follow our Rules or Go to hell

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Perhaps This Rock is the Catholic Ideal of Purgatory

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CowboyDrifter
How do you know that hell even exists?

Hell, as the burning furnace we know from the apocalyptic books of the bible and elsewhere, doesn't exist. Yet. Hell or Gehenna is God's chosen execution site, a place he will create in the Judgement. A lava lake. Also, when the New Jerusalem descends uppon Earth the other side of the planet becomes a very hot place indeed, since the City will stop Earth spinning round itself leaving the sky on the far side of the City fixed with the Sun at it's apex, leaving that part of the Earth in eternal flames.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

.... ok wait, .. so you believe the traditional hell does not exist, .. and then state all that other stuff as if it's going to happen ??

... what is happening to this site, perhaps the only mad, in a mad world, are the sane.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

.... ok wait, .. so you believe the traditional hell does not exist, .. and then state all that other stuff as if it's going to happen ??

Firstly, quoting books doesn't make you a defender of it's content, the way one source power must be gathered from the context of those quotations, and that context relates to the intent of what's written, of what you show no insight into, still you dismay it. Sweet. Secondly: Time my friend. Tomorrow doesnot exist. Yet. it's a human concept based on how the Sun makes us live like it's slaves. It will come.

... what is happening to this site, perhaps the only mad, in a mad world, are the sane.

Perhaps. Behold! A sane man!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This topic is one which I feel may have some additional considerations when taking the following link inmind

You Don't Burn In Hell Forever
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hell, at this point of time, does not exist, nor has it ever existed to date.

Hell, will become a reality for 1 entity, (so far) because only one has been sentanced.

Hell, will welcome the one, along with whoever else wishes to join him, after, and only after the Millenium Kingdom has been established and only after Michael takes his foot of the head of the beast and set's him loose to gather those stupid enough to follow him.

and

Back to the Hell matter now.

And this is where the lake of fire consumes the sinners for ever and ever. For all eternity. Buring and wrything in torment, and screaming for all to hear.

That's just FN nut's.

This is where the lake of fire consumes the sinners for ever and ever. For all Eternity. Gone, Removed, Erased, Eliminated, Blotted Out. It occurs and it's over. Done. Finished. Never Remembered again.

The premise put forth here, suggests several misconceptions.

Hell is open for business now.
And torment is eternal.

Biblically, there is nothing to suggest this is accurate.

Theology, Dogmas and Doctrines of MAN press this ignorance as FACT on the sheep. Problem is, the sheep will not read GOD'S letter to them, and have faith (misplaced as it is) on what the pulpit spews.

No Wonder, the Wolves who lead the sheep astray are whoa'ed so many times in the New Testament. This is of course, the reason for the Millenium Kingdom. To have Christ teach the truth, so you can make an informed decision.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Unfortunately hell is all too real and there is only one way to avoid going there when you die. Unfortunately most will choose to go to hell for some reason.

Vision of Hell

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well the whole "going to hell when you die" crap has nothing to do with metaphysics or anything superstitious. Hell, or Gehenna as it's written was a valley outside the Jerusalem city walls, where the dead bodies of criminals were burnt together with garbage and dead animals and beasts. Period. So "don't be a criminal, you'll end up burning in hell". Jeshu's body would've ended up in Hell/Gehenna hadn't Joseph of Arimathea bought the body and revived him.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Hell, or Gehenna as it's written was a valley outside the Jerusalem city walls,

But, in reality, this of course is not HELL.

Hell becomes a reality only at Judgement Day, when the one who is currently destine to Hell, and any who choose to side with him, are dealt with. None, to date, have ever gone to Hell, so to speak.

I do agree, with what you offered and factually, your Gehenna picture is correct. This was the practice of the time. It's just not the Hell that is to come.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Where did that word "hell" come from in the first place?

It is not a valid translation of any word in scripture. But they invented the word, and they invented the concept, and they did it for a reason.

It's mind control, plain and simple. "Do was I say or be tortured in real fire for eternity". THey took the scariest and the sickest, and vilest thing imaginable to scare the people into submission. And make lots of money and have lots of political power.

How people can say that God is love, and God will torture the vast majority of people that have ever lived in real fire for an endless (or short) time, is beyond me. But they say it.

[edit on 7/12/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA

Hell comes from Hel, the Norse Goddess of the kingdom of Death, Helheim. Odin is in Helheim, so is Balder, and they will both be revived in the new world together with Livet and Livstrasen.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yes, but my point is how did that word make it into the Bible? It doesn't belong there.

The concept of an eternal torture in hell came before that. The Egyptians had Amenti which bears a striking resemblance to hell. It's all pagan. Not to mention Dantes' "Inferno" and Miltons' "Paradise Lost". To Christians those are, for all practical purposes, more important than scriptures.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yes, but my point is how did that word make it into the Bible? It doesn't belong there.

The concept of an eternal torture in hell came before that. The Egyptians had Amenti which bears a striking resemblance to hell. It's all pagan. Not to mention Dantes' "Inferno" and Miltons' "Paradise Lost". To Christians those are, for all practical purposes, more important than scriptures.

Why would God, the ultimate creature use slaughters and failed med students to get his answers? He is the god of knowledge and science he made and turned us all against him, whether with our backs of eyes, and the dude sends you away because the years haven't tossed over the right scales yet. 7*2^1\4 is still a mystery.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Hell comes from Hel, the Norse Goddess of the kingdom of Death, Helheim. Odin is in Helheim, so is Balder, and they will both be revived in the new world together with Livet and Livstrasen.

Oh, how I love reading about the Nordic and Celtic traditions!
I think that it is also interesting that the Celts also had a Tree of Knowledge and fish references similar to the organized religions of today.

The Salmon was revered as extremely sacred in the Druid tradition. It is the oldest of all the animals. The salmon is said to have acquired its great knowledge from eating the Nine Hazels of Wisdom that fell from the Tree of Knowledge. The salmon was of such importance to the Druids that it can be found carved on the ancient Pictish stones in Scotland. The salmon is the only animal able to lead Culhwch and Olwen to find the Mabon, the Divine Child of Druid Tradition.

The Celtic Tradition

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar

Oh, how I love reading about the Nordic and Celtic traditions!
I think that it is also interesting that the Celts also had a Tree of Knowledge and fish references similar to the organized religions of today.

Dunno b'åt Kelts and Pikts and what not, but I know my footsteps better than noone else....

The Salmon was revered as extremely sacred in the Druid tradition.

That's why it's Skottish anglers called iut Solomon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join