It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we be sure disclosure is a good thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
How can we be sure disclosure is a good thing?

really? If it happens it our lifetime.

what makes you personally sure it will be?

or

what makes you sure it won't be a good thing?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just maybe I might stand a chance of getting off this war ravaged, misery laden rock, led by narcissists intent on poisoning the minds and bodies of their own people, and just maybe I might be able to put as much space between me and my war loving species as is humanly possible.

The possibility of such a thing in a post disclosure world is good enough for me and I would risk much rectal probage for the privilege too.

"Space janitor, general dogsbody? Yes sir I can do that".

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Imagine this if you will...
A group of businessmen set up a chimp farm in the Congo for medical research. They teach the chimps sign language, keep them safe from poachers, and keep them relatively secure. The chimps are allowed to go about their business all day until they fall asleep. At which point scouts come down and do tests and draw blood and fluids and whatnot. They are then returned to where they laid to rest, with no recall of what happened. Sometimes unique specimens are vivisected to study their internal anatomy. Now imagine one day the chimps are informed that at any time while they sleep they can be taken from anywhere and killed. Then a giant chimp rebellion would take place, feces thrown everywhere, and the research project would have to be shut down permanently. I hope this made sense to you guys.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Full disclosure will take some time. Humans are not ready. Too much polarity within the psyche. I know some are wishing to leave this world and it perfectly acceptable. IF ET's where to invite me to leave this world, i'd say no. My experience is here, now. Other worlds have their own rules and i might not accept them.

The freedom of mankind is already planned. Suffering on a large scale is inevitable, but necessary to change our ways, and our understanding of life. The level of consciousness is on the rise and it's a good thing. Many are aware of this, and they will know what to do and where to go.

Disclosure will happen when ET's show up all over the globe. Governments have no clue on how to present this, because it has and still is political suicide.
Edit to add: The elite of this world do not want to loose their monopoly on mankind

[edit on 18-11-2009 by lagenese]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
For starters, I'm hoping it will get even the average Joe to stop for a moment, and understand what it will mean and how great value such disclosure (depending on how huge) can have. I am hoping the world will change for the better, so i can finally enjoy living on this planet and also that everyone is equally treated well, with same oportunities, same rights, with love and peace. Secondly, it will be a chance for me to get off this planet, which i really need to, to clean my thoughts for a while. And last, but not least, to explore and interact with an extraterrestrial race would simply be magificent, especially if they are friendly. The way of thinking of people would change and also, the conciousness would too, especially the vibrations which would rise and that is a sweet feeling. I hope that it happens within my lifetime, sooner then later, it will be neat. And even if some type of Project BB occured, that itself has some positives too. Atleast noone would think from that point we are alone. So yeah, im ready for all possibilities and am awaiting for the positive.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

Any sort of honest disclosure is healthy for any country, no matter what the topic is.

Wether it be taking responsibility for acting like idiots during a war, alien disclosure, pharmaceutical monopoly etc.

Will it be 100% positive? No, of course not, have you ever seen anything which has been?

It would, more than anything show that our government is ready to rebuild the country WITH the help of the people. When doors are closed and when decisions are made behind those doors we always have a problem.

This would prove transperancy and a way for us to move further from the Status Quo and into actually progressing as a country.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

join