It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Physics Professor 'convinced ETs exist'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Russia and china have a different view of the world than europeans and americans. Both china and russia, seem to both more accept the paranormal than western peoples, as we had the witch trials and all those things in our history.

Nice to see someone come out, but i wouldn't hold your breath for disclosure.

[edit on 11/18/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Glad more and more are coming out about it. But you never know, UFOs could be another worlds government/military. And the world that they come from could be about as bad as a 3rd world country. With it's population restricted from any technology. Don't think for a minute they are friendly. Maybe that's why America is so secretive about it.

I love to speculate..

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Wow, so another human being on the planet believes there are aliens driving around in our skies...pardon my lack of enthusiasm. Oh wait, he is special because he is a scientist? I didn't know that made you special when it comes to this subject. Scientist, pilots...astronomers..policemen, idiot politicians...they are all humans first, and given to the same thoughts and feelings the rest of us are.

I think it is funny that the same people that get all hyper about a scientist making it easier for them to hold onto their alien belief system are the same ones responsible for the environment where their scientist "heroes" can't be taken seriously due to the laughable nature of this subject. They don't get it and they never will.

Remove the giggle factor and then maybe we can move forward...but continue to uphold the stereotype we have been saddled with and scientist like this guy are wasting their breath.

He *is* special.

Have you been interviewed and referenced on TV?

That makes him Special*er* than you and me because he is in a position of influence.

Note that the OP never said that because this guy says so it must be true, what he said was that since this guy said so, he is setting a precedent for other people with "much to lose" by expressing opinions like his. Whether his opinion is something you agree with or not is a different matter for a different thread.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just because he believes in ETs doesn't necessarily mean he believes they have/are visiting Earth. Mathematically, it is unreasonable to suggest that we are the only sentient & intelligent life in the universe...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Apophis

But the article I read he believes that the aliens live among us now...

In addition to trying to bring attention to UFO sightings in China and around the world, Zhang, 62, is also a professor of physics at Yunnan University. He told Beijing-based Global Times that he thinks aliens are presently living in Yunnan, Heilongjiang and Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region. "I believe they are nice and they have no intention of attacking us," he told Global Times. "Perhaps they are shape-shifters camouflaged as human beings or they have manufactured human-like robots to watch us," he added.

www.gokunming.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solar.Absolution
reply to post by Apophis

But the article I read he believes that the aliens live among us now...

In addition to trying to bring attention to UFO sightings in China and around the world, Zhang, 62, is also a professor of physics at Yunnan University. He told Beijing-based Global Times that he thinks aliens are presently living in Yunnan, Heilongjiang and Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region. "I believe they are nice and they have no intention of attacking us," he told Global Times. "Perhaps they are shape-shifters camouflaged as human beings or they have manufactured human-like robots to watch us," he added.

www.gokunming.com...

Sorry, I posted that as I was leaving work and didn't take the time to read past the snippet. My bad.

As you can see I don't post here very often and I chose the wrong circumstance to deviate from that.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Other than in CHILE during the Destination Truth episode where they find the tiny anthropomorphic corpse i think this is the first time i heard someone giving an actual location on earth where they may be lurking....kinda cool someone should investigate. almost makes me wana google earth it haha im desperate to see EM ALREADY!! F**K!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

DimensionalDetective-interesting stuff.

Theres a CIA report here about a Chinese UFO Conference in 1992 - it doesn't mention Zhang Yifang's name but it does mention over 5000 cases of unexplained aerial phenomena (400,000 worldwide).
It also makes a curious remark about the U.N.

Title: UFO RESEARCH CONFERENCE TO HOLD CONFERENCE IN BEIJING

Origin: CIA

Source: People's Republic of China

To: Numerous recipients including Wright-Patterson AFB

Date: April 16, 1992

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fb1af95b532.jpg[/atsimg]

In 1978 the United Nations called on the governments of all countries to be on full alert for sightings and establish UFO investigation bodies.

www.ufologie.net...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

SETI

"Skew Extraterrestrial Truth Ignore"

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg
Sorry, but you seriously seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Same goes for DoomsdayRex. What is with you people? Too lazy to read a bit of text? Sheesh.

I will gladly admit the mistake of not checking out the second link. I reviewed it just now and wish I hadn't. Shapeshifters and robots? What is his basis for this?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
Just another news article that will make peoples mouth water for disclosure a little more.

Who really cares who he is, or what he says.

In the end it won't make a difference anyway.

:O are you serious ? so IF another race more intelligent then ours is out there that wouldnt make a diffrence?!?! i think it makes a huge diffrence ! alot of questions will be answered, skepticism will be dismissed, and everyone will see the universe in an entirley new way. i think it would make one of the greatest finds ever! so many things would change and us as a race could learn so much from another unknown race (i.e specialized air-crafts that go speeds beyond that recorded on Earth
) , and vice-versa.

i pray we find intelligent life somewhere out there during my time, would really make me happy

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Kelliott]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
I don't see how this is groundbreaking or even newsworthy. Plenty of Western scientists are convinced aliens exist. Perhaps you've heard of SETI?

ha yes these guys who search for aliens billions light years away when they already visited earth^^

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You see, sometimes the skeptics and the blind believer type followers aren't really that much different.

On the one hand you have someone claiming that anything unusual moving in the sky is a mothership and on the other you have people who... well, do exactly the opposite.

Some want to believe and some don't. This approach to life can be found in nearly every aspect of life. It seems to me that one should always strive for the middle ground. Meaning, they should investigate first before they jump on a bandwagon. And this goes both ways.

It is hard to do though, I'll admit.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
NASA goes to the moon and mars with rovers equipped with instruments to detect biological life and ingredients.

There are entire programs dedicated to finding far away planets that have the capacity to harbor life as we know it.

There are universities all around that world that offer graduate degrees is astrobiology.

There is even a field called xenobiology which is separate from astrobiology which concentrates on non carbon based life form possibilities. Popular science had a great article about xenobiology a year or two ago, and I've seen similar shows on the discovery channel theorizing ammonia based life and other types.

Apparently you people spend too much time on this site complaining that nobody believes in the possibility of alien life.

Get your head out of the clouds and come back down to earth.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Good info my friend. Welcome the chinese guy to the club.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
ha yes these guys who search for aliens billions light years away when they already visited earth^^

Or are here right now waiting to be found, or just hiding

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
In most cases a lot of people do not believe in ufos until they actually see a ufo with there own eyes.That one event may change the beleif about aliens and ufos.More and more nonbelievers each day see ufos and in the end there of course will be more people who believe in ufos than nonbelievers.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This person is the head of the local UFO research body (and has been one for almost two dozens years) so it's kinda no surprise he would say that.

But yeah as an Yunnan native I recommend this place if you ever travel to China. It's a truly a magical place whether you are a skeptic or not.

On topic: This ET debate got me thinking, are we hard wired to think in a way our governments want to us to think? They choose the topics and we become the so called "believers" and "skeptics", we fight in the arena they provide. They have the total control. What if the whole ET issue is just another arena or a "bubble"?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

I think that day is already here. Well, according to various polls, that is.
The majority of people in the world believe there is more behind the phenomenon of UFOs than the Governments let on.

Eventually though, that number will hit a tipping point and the Government's will be forced to respond, lest they lose all faith in the eyes of their subjects (that is us).

I'm thinking that we are quickly approaching said tipping point.
I also think that it doesn't matter as the Govs. around the world are losing faith in our eyes for many other, more immediate, reasons.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Checking the readers comments after the article, I noticed Stan Friedman opined with his endorsement...as well as plugging his book LOL! Thats OK Stan, I´ll let you slide this time!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join