It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purpose of LIFE!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This was my first post on ATS but I like to update it from what I've learned since. Also I like to hear your thoughts on this! This is just "my" thought on life and for the skeptics I don't have any proof for you. Call it a 30 years of self discovery... only proof I got and it's good enough for me, but I feel like I need to share this in case there are others that feel this but haven't put their finger on it.

What is our purpose in Life!

Well hard for anyone in this world to truly understand life and what will happen to us when we die, since no one can ever be sure till we die we can never have any actual proof! So we need to come up with the most plausible case.

I am not a religious man but I am very spiritual (two very different things). My belief is that life exists after death without a doubt, not that we are more special then other beings (cause we're not), it's just a cycle of all living things that go through the same exact process.

I believe we are all streaming light of energy (consciousnesses) that is created somewhere in the universe, our purpose as a soul is to consistently evolve, it's what we are truly passionate about! An example of that is our "curiosity" we ALL have that (specially folks on ATS), use it in good/bad, but we can't deny the fact it's part of our nature.

Our true self lives in a higher dimension (maybe the aliens are our higher us from another dimension), it is the source of our existence. We are all simply a small part of our higher self and live in infinite number of lives simultaneity (this can also be prove via quantum physics, multiple positioning). We are basically the experience for out selves, we are free to do what we will but do enter this world with an agenda (an experience to achieve). All collective experiences gets collected within our higher selves and allows the evolution of our true consciousness. We are basically hand puppet of our own selves.

Since our higher purpose is to evolve, we find vehicles (bodies) to experience new things. We start as a particle, bacteria, molecule , plants, insects, animals, humans, aliens, multimedia beings, comets, stars, planets, galaxies and beyond. These are just experiencing life in what those vehicles limitations are, for example as humans we can't just fly, so we need to come up with a unique way to create a machine to fly that is an evolution to itself.

These experiences consists of love, pain, fear, joy, hate, passion, becoming more emotional, helping others, learning about people, etc... things we did not finish in our past lives... our world around us dictate situations where we are being tested. We are actually here testing ourselves and believe it or not we chose this cycle.

Every time we enter a body we have to deal with their limitations, some of the limitations is blocking off our past memories, simply because we couldn't live here if we truly knew where we come from. If one knows this is an illusion and nothing more, well why bother trying to learn then, we take the easy way out (which some do).

Life is not written in stone and you are literally effecting the world around you every moment you "think", but before we accept a body to explore life in we have certain objectives if we fail to learn any of these by the time we die, by choice we come back to this life again in future, in different body, same objectives.

Once we accomplish all of our objectives in these certain vehicles we move up (for human body next step maybe alien body, a higher intelligent more evolved spiritually, even they are in consist evolution of self discovery). Once we die (rebirth in our true lives) we instantly remember everything from the first moment of our creation, since the concept of time does not exist in our true world (Different dimension of the universe).

The transition is very similar to waking up from your REM state, the moment you open your eyes and trying to figure it if you're still dreaming or not. Death is just like opening your eyelids and realizing all this was just a blink of an eye.

Now here's the magic, think about it, we ALL come from somewhere yet we all born with such unique personalities that's the trace of our past lives, dominated via our true selves. You can see that at very young age. Life always has an end to it so we can return to our true selves and reflect on lessons learned and decide to come back for more or move up to a higher level of consciousness.

In rare situations we even go back into lower level of evolution to help others evolve. this is most important now as I think that's what's happening with these "indigo/crystal children" the awakening has been in process. That's what we refer to as an OLD soul. There are Good and Bad in this universe no mater what vehicle you choose to experience life in and I think the bad is controlling the mass and changing the course of life, this creates an unbalanced plane and so without our higher selves interfering with it all, we simply come back to this life and shift the course of our future for more balanced experience (what's the point of learning if all you see is pain/hate and negativity, there needs to be a balance).

How do we know what path we're moving on, towards our objective? It's simple, but takes a huge amount of trust in yourself and practice defying it, starts off with us ALWAYS listening to our intuition (gut feeling) about things and be absolutely open to ANY ideas (not saying accept them, but open to questioning life as the truth lies in the questions not the answerers), be real to YOURSELF and don't live in a denial, do what YOU thinks is right not others and finally create a world for yourself where you feel at peace with the universe (planet, trees, animals, and even other human). The universe is our playground and it displeasedly reflects what you send out.

You'll feel a spark go off inside (it can happen overnight), it's a feeling of shift in your soul (feeling tiny vibrations in pit of your tummy). That's how you know you're going on the right path. Don't forget sweet isn't sweet, without sour all things happen for a reason so that you can create your own path.

Life is beyond our imagination, so while we're here, having a ride, might as well try to enjoy it. Joy and love can only come from one place... from you! Stop hating one another, ego and pride are very different, rip your ego apart from you and set yourself free.

Candle light can brighten up the entire room of darkness, so spread it!

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. ~ William Blake

Terence Mckenna - Hope
www.youtube.com...

Terence McKenna - Your Future in your Imagination

Terence Mckenna - Ego

Bill Hicks - It's Just A Ride

Alex Grey - Manifesting the Mind

[edit on 17-11-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Our purpose in this life is simple.

It is to survive long enough to have and raise children into adulthood.

Anything else is just icing on the cake.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Created to harvest our souls.

Stop searching for an answer that will never be solved. Unless of course when you die something unique and unimaginable happens and not dissolution.

The world would go mad if that's what everyone thought about everyday all day long until the day of their death.

Just madness.

Live it up, cause it's the only one you got.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
(double post removed)

[edit on 18-11-2009 by asala]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
It is to survive long enough to have and raise children into adulthood.

Thats wrong, as why are males and females homosexuals then?

I think if there was a purpose in life, i just think it would be simple, and i would not have to read 20 paragraphs, to understand what it was, lol.

Do you get me, it would need to be something simple, and would have to be able to be accepted quickly, lol.

We all are in our own worlds, thats why i will not be watching those vids above.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The more knowledge you gain the longer you live the more knowledge you gain the longer you live the more knowledge you gain the longer you live the more knowledge you gain the longer you live the more knowledge you gain the longer you live the more knowledge you gain the longer you live the more knowledge you gain the longer you live the more knowledge you gain the longer you live the more knowledge you gain the longer you live the more knowledge you gain.

It might seem like i just typed the same thing over and over but its actualy a very accurate discription of the meaning of life.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

But the world doesn't think about this each day, because than how would it function? it wouldn't.

the world we know , is quite the opposite of how life should be.

The majority of us are slaves we just don't realize it because money makes everybody happy.

i thank the thread starter for his post. although it may not be all entirely true, a lot of what he said rings true with myself.

before you speak, and think you have LIFE figured out. think again buddy.

amazing thing about life is the how unexpected it is.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

you think life is simple? haha

that you can explain it in a sentence.

people go their entire life searching for the absolute meaning. but they hardly even find it.

the truth is life is extremely complex and ever changing.

but when you find someone who can explain life all dandy and quick, let me know

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
reply to post by andy1033

you think life is simple? haha

that you can explain it in a sentence.

people go their entire life searching for the absolute meaning. but they hardly even find it.

the truth is life is extremely complex and ever changing.

but when you find someone who can explain life all dandy and quick, let me know

haha, please let me know too... all we can do is speculate, so let's make the best of it.. I guess I rather see my cup half full, rather then empty!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

Great point you bring up.. "amazing thing about life is the how unexpected it is.". That's why we don't recall our past lives so easily... so that this life is completely unexpected!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

The fact that we live in our own world, means that it may be different for all of us, from our perspective.

Jon stewert for an example's purpose is to make americans laugh at people being blown up in middle east.

Do you think thats a good purpose?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It really is simple, just read lesson 1 from the Baltimore...

The purpose of man's existence

Why did God make us?
A. God made us to show forth his goodness and to share with us his everlasting happiness in heaven.

What must we do to gain the happiness of heaven?
A. To gain the happiness of heaven we must know, love and serve god in this world.

From whom do we learn to know, love and serve God?
A. We learn to know, love and serve God from Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who teaches us through the Catholic Church.

You see, the meaning of life is really quite simple;

The meaning of life is: To know love and serve God in this world so that we may be able to share in His everlasting happiness in heaven.

I think you guys are REALLY overthinking this thing.

Now I say to all of you non-believers and protestants.......

FLAME ON !

[edit on 17-11-2009 by FortAnthem]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I have to disagree with you, if God is so powerful, why would he/she/it create man so we can serve him... he/she/it can create slaves to servers to assist him/her/it... it makes no sense!

God is not a "thing" it is simply the energy that keeps our universe intact and can not be defined via us or any other entity. If there are creator(s) then they're so beyond us that we can not possibly comprehend their existence in our simple black/white mind.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hi, I agree on most of the things you said, and I found that they are very similar to what Lobsang Rampa had talked about during the '60s and '70s. Have you read any of his books? Here are some extracts:

Most people would like to think that they know what “God” is, and yet the closest being to them; which we could term a God, is their own Overself and they have little or no idea of what it is - or where it is - or that it even exists! Your physical body is not the “real” you, it's just a “shell” you have to enable you to be on this planet, to learn the lessons you came down here to learn.
Now back to establishing a platform of understanding. We can liken the “Overself” to a brain - in this case your Overself is a very powerful brain, but far too powerful to actually come down to such a lower plane of existence and therefore it just send down an extension of itself which is you - but let’s use your brain for this rationalization: Your brain; by itself, cannot do very much as see, hear, feel, touch, smell etc. So for our brain to understand it needs a variety of extensions attached to a body. To see it needs eyes, to hear it needs ears, to feel is needs fingers - which in turn needs hands, which need arms - to smell it needs a nose and so on, until each and every part of you body serves a purpose for the brain to perceive and understand its surroundings. Such is with your Overself; you are just an extension of it, as your fingers are to your physical body. You and your Overself are the same thing and by injuring yourself, you injure your Overself.

There's much more on www.lobsangrampa.org...

[edit on 17-11-2009 by cocles]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cocles

Very kwel, I never heard of him and will absolutely look into it, funny how these thoughts been on our minds for centuries... there must be some facts to it.

The image gave me chills, as that's exactly how I see our us... instead of the femle god figure I think it's our higher selves guiding us (holding the strings)! Being interconnected not just with each other but more strongly bonded to your other selves, maybe that's why sometime we feel good and bad or are lucky and unlucky (karma) for no other reason then maybe one of your other selves has caused that feeling in you... by either evolving or sinking...

If all of our selves's consciousness rises via love then maybe all of ourselves will be at peace, what happens with the other you will effect this life... I'm now even more confused...

I guess the deeper the rabbit hole goes the more confusing it gets!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

the point of all forms of life is complete reunification of all potential unifiers - certain bodies cannot become living completly more like parasites on them. All rotationaries contain location vectroscopes of themselves through space time's path. Life is formless it resides in matter to protect itself from its current envirnment. Current high form place holder on earth beyond the spectrobians would be a god distinguisher and god's unifier according to the scale of unity on the intentifier Jod*

*multiphasic quontomiton - a completionary unifier - comboninationistic

Humanity are the planets main native population but used to share main lines with also with the fountain of life or the sun itself. are extremely dependant currently on the sun almost 100% for sustanance. the safest place on earth might be 2 thousand feet bellow waters surface like a bullet proof vest at that depth for any forms of life. there are many things that could cause catastrophic forced forms of evolution. 'New' humans will one day be created in place of 'current' humans several times more intellegent in all complexities of thought from theoreticles, to common sense, adaptationisms from zeenithic(would be considered reptillion) would have yellow crecent irises however deeply enbeded inside a dark colored iris - what would appear as what would consider one of the 'grey' 4-5 ft aliens - all these forms of life have extremely overlarged and retroscopic irises in their eyes - almost no white matter it would mostly be dark with very hard to identify pupils perhaps as used a form of defense from being able to directly look them in the eye(other telepathic beings can easily see if they take a momentary look into anothers pupils). most of higher base modifier beings would require almost no stimulation to survive. dont realy on what one would call the entire pleasure and pain centers of the brain - emediate gradifcation becomes bilologicly impossible at certain intellegences - mostly because the biasedness of the reactions we get from all forms of physilogical stimuli become over riding many times over certain other thought outp thoughts/ideas. cronic aprehention is what these beings would suffer from - basicly never be satisfied with anything u do(from drinking water - to talking to someone - typing on this site ...etc). enitial representations of new scentiods to humanity would be extremly small at first no more than 2 at first. beings would be begin transference of ideas/thougths and complete images of the complete interior of their brain. the one act for a hominid that woud make the pupils in the irises of the eyes to full contract(would make the eyelids want to close)however by keeping the eyes open and recipricating off your counterparts eyes complete transference between both would be only around 3 seconds. the reorientation of the brain through particle physics(perhaps could be duplicated in an artificial envirment). using blank particle emitters(blank biological single cell organism) - created by cloning certain stem cells from the base of the spine - basicly back up cells in the human spinal cord but if harvested would cause death to the individual - however if death occurs any other way and cells are harvistable they should be and then placed in cryogenics - analyse the adaptive qualities of the cell in terms of electricle current load - then give it a mass of any form of cell in which to complete with remove some of itself then rejoin in the proccess creating duplicate cells in there places. clone these blank cells and place them in contact with certain cells in the body you would want duplicated. certain things would be duplicated(brain cells in the brain) with dire consequences for existing beings. extra through put in the human brain would allow in leaps in current knowledge and technology level. the human brain has plenty of real estate for new locations of active cells(extra brain cells would only appear in open tissue) there is enough space in the brain to allow for many extra celluar organisms(any form of thought/idea cell).

a retoricle person - someone who already knows how they are going to react to you no matter what you say or do. however are basicly the same in all ways they interact with people. presumed knowledge(would be the witty laugh after someone offends you). most humans are self exlutionary of themselves - they value their own personal rulebook above all else however so do all the others think the same way - everyone as 'different' or everyone as 'similar'. precieved differientiality would allow for much greater advances in all forms of belief. Science, religion, unified field theory, temperal particulate physics, temporal artificiality. According to history pure sciences have prgressed only a small amount in the last several thousand years. however one time the math mathmatitions were so much more advanced for their time(the polythagerians). using simple sliding machines they were able to calculate most things inside the visable universe(using gravity, earths horison, celestial bodies) they predicted the change in climate for earth within 5 thousand years. some evidence was layed out them by certain ancient beings - they would have been precieved deitisticly but in all actuality were a member of the advanced human race the reptillions(would be the first producing hominids of pure mental telapathy. few of them currently exist on earth in fact they are a very rare breed of hominid generaly telepathic organs in the brain to become functional till about base 4 variability. telepathic comunication would feel like an appearance of pure thought/ideas in your head all at once(however control of autonomic recepters could become disabeled). around sevral of these reptillians would be on earth at any one time - ultimatly if they fail they can make more of themselves but only if they had to(perfect possible beings for deitistic forms of life to enter. even our beloved secret military branch the one in charge of the amount of the information the population on the planet currently has access to information that would add thousands of years on to our current technological development - however making technology like that available would also leave it open to using by a forein party as a weapon. so basicly advanced iformation will always be witheld.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Why does life have to have purpose?

The purpose of life is to simply not die. Once you die, you've lost the game.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have stooped posting on ats, mainly because i have found the answers i need...and we are really close to a time when ets, spiritual truths, and lots of other things will be revealed in mass.

Everyone in a while there is a thread that i would like to post on. I will tell you the purpose of life...

its really simple...if you have have everything in the world. Family, money, cars, fame...what else is there...truth and love...something you can only get by finding god!

Thats the purpose of life, to find god and become like god. little mini gods...

There was an abductee named Michael, he never gave his last name but his story is really profound. He said that he was taken aboard a ufo to a mothership near saturn. There he was introduced and enrolled in a mini educational process. Basically teaching him the truths of life and how the aliens live.

Near the end of his journey he was allowed to go and talk to these very special and powerful beings called verondadecks. These guys are what the bible calls the watchers, and basically standing in the shadow of the almighty. They are billions of years old, and when the universe was created these guys were the first beings to be created. Many people now them as "light beings", but there are various orders of light beings. These guys are the highest beings.

Anyway Michael went up to them and asked what was the purpose of life. And they said to become like us. We are not supposed to stay flesh and blood, but instead ascend through these various dimensions of existence and become like LIGHT! Basically mini gods!

Go to hour 104, and listen to the show...
helloearth.info...

Michael asked the Vorondadek observer...
What is the purpose of me being alive?
Your purpose for that is to become like me.

6 October 2009

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The purpose of life .....

To leave this world having had a positive impact on the people around you ...

To leave this world and be an inspiration to others ...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The purpose of life is to procreate just like every other living object on this planet. We are not somehow miraculously special. We exist in a higher dimension? What about my dog does she as well? How about the microbes on my dog's poo? Do they exist in a higher plane of existence too? We are here to procreate, anything inbetween is an illusion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join