It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 6.6 - Queen CHARLOTTE Islands Region (near British Columbia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

link

Magnitude
Date-Time
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 15:30:46 UTC
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 07:30:46 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region
QUEEN CHARLOTTE ISLANDS REGION
Distances
260 km (162 miles) SSW (199°) from Prince Rupert, BC, Canada
319 km (198 miles) WNW (301°) from Port Hardy, BC, Canada
339 km (211 miles) S (179°) from Metlakatla, AK
667 km (414 miles) WNW (301°) from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

No Tsunami warning, but I was wondering how significant this one is... 6.6 seems pretty large for the area...

here is the recent US quakes link:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

No reports of damage as of 8AM PST...
www.ctvbc.ctv.ca...

ed:add news link

[edit on 11/17/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Looks like there were 2 quakes, a 6.6 followed by a 5.7... reports are still looking good with no damage, injuries, or tsunami expected

2 earthquakes hit B.C.'

Two earthquakes struck off the coast of British Columbia on Tuesday morning, shaking houses and scaring some residents throughout the North Coast region.

The first quake had a magnitude of 6.6 and was recorded just off the southern tip of Haida Gwaii, also known as the Queen Charlotte Islands, around 7:30 a.m. PT.

It was followed seven minutes later by a second quake with a magnitude of 5.7.

So far there are no reports of any damage, but residents reported the tremors were felt for about 15 to 30 seconds.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
WOW

That could have been felt in the U S ?

I have never followed quake stuff, but this one got my attention!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Just called my oldest friend who lives on Vancouver Island. They slept through it. Quakes are quite common out there. Most assume it's just a large truck.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Cool... I saw the last one of this size near BC, was from Jan 08, most of the activity is more to the north near Alaska...

"assume it's a large truck"

Glad they are fine and getting their rest

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Hi JacKatMtn,

They probably could have predicted that earthquake ahead of time just like they could predict earthquakes all over the world if they would be using this man's knowledge.

www.youtube.com.../u/3/mVUNb1bquYo

His stuff is interesting to say the least and his knowledge is revolutionary, new and unlike others.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Thanks for the link..

that also reminded me of one of the ATS Mix guests, Stan Deyo, who was doing some really good work in the earthquake forecasting area...

..until the US Navy shut off access to some of the data he used in his forecasting technique...

If interested you can listen to the interview here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I've seen Stan Deyo's stuff before. I don't think Stan Deyo is telling the truth. His UFO stuff was nothing but the copying of a man's stuff that originally built a UFO in Oklahoma and then moved to California. Stan showed the same things that man had shown years before. That man's name was Ottis Carr.

Stan's account of knowing where earthquakes were going to strike, like the 2004 earthquake off Indonesia was "after the fact" he didn't announce it ahead of time, he talked about using piezoseismology and thermal detection of it "afterwards". I doubt if Stan knows about piezoseismology and I believe he is copying his stuff from David Berger who coined the phrase according to his videos on YouTube I posted above, and I doubt if Stan ever had access to military charts on thermal signatures. Stan does not come across as someone that knows anything, simply because he never is able to show it or prove it, he seems like someone that just knows enough to BS everybody.

If Stan knows how to build UFOs like he brags he knows how to, then let's see him build one. He brags he offered to build small one that can fit in the hand for spying, lets see him build one, that could not cost much money. Stan is full of BS as far as I'm concerned.

new topics

top topics

join