It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could Kalid sheikh mohammed go free?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
how can they use any evidence they gathered against him?Did they gather evidence?Did they read him his rights?What about the exclusionary rule?what about the manner in which he was questioned?etc. etc.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Oh My God Yes He Could... In this justice system we have here in the good 'ol U.S. of A.
There is a definite chance of him going free but more than likely he will get death. In my opinion he should get life in jail. It is a worse sentence than death.

It is a sad world we live in sometimes...

LifENcircleS

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
no. none of that stuff matters.
those things apply to US citizens and such. he was a terrorist.
hes not going free. if they had to they'd gun him down before setting him free.

hes got almost no rights.
hes never going to go free. unless you count dead as free

even if khalid's treatment merited release, i cant imagine a judge wanting that decision on his/her head.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

You posted a very good point. What if he did get set free. If any PTB wanted an uprising, that is one way they would get it I would guess.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

I respectfully disagree if he is is tried in a court of law he has the same rights as every one else

Texas Rep. Lamar Smith, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, said the decision meant Mohammed and the other defendants would be able to claim new protections, including Miranda and Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable search and seizure.

"America already gives terrorists more constitutional rights than any other country," Smith said. "The administration should not prioritize the rights of terrorists over the rights of Americans to be safe and secure."

www.cnn.com...

obama had to know this.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My Khalid Sheikh brings all the boys to the yard and damn right, it's better than yours.

I don't think he'll be freed ever, though. In America, if you're a Muslim or Islamic person, you just get labeled "terrorist" for life.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So what some of you are saying is, only Americans are entitled to proper legal representation, the rules of evidence, justice, and a fair open public trial.

Very soon my friends, the US administration, backed up by the full might of the US military will be imposing martial law in America.

You will then get exactly the same treatment as any foreigner in a war zone under US military control.

In other words, if some US soldier hero, robs you at gun point, and tells you to drop your pants and bend over, you had better do it.
He will probably shoot you in the head anyway afterwards..

God bless America.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

That post makes very little sense and is really not on topic

[edit on 14-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Absolutely not!!!

This guy confessed to the 911 operation, the USS Cole bombing, 7/7 subway bombing in London, the train bombing in Spain, the Bali bombings, the OKC bombings with McVeigh, the Sudan bombing, the Lockerbie plane bombing, the bombing of the space shuttle challenger in '86', the killing of John Lennon, the reason we lost Vietnam, the assassination of JFK, the reason why we had McCarthyism fighting the "pinkos" here in the states, the rise of Hitler in the '30s', the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand to kick off WWI, the assassination of William McKinley, the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, the reason why americans needed slaves from Africa, the reason why Europeans needed to kill "american natives".

MAN!!!!! This guy is the creation of everything that has ever gone wrong! And he's confessed! Now I can sleep well at night.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
No, he is already convicted, has no chance of being acquitted.

But this isn't about him, it is all about creating a monumental, extravagant, massive distraction all designed to conveniently put the previous administration and non-compliant elements within secret agencies on public trial before the American people and more importantly... the world.

It is a game neither side will win, corruption has infected both.

They are playing politics with broad, extremely dangerous potential implications. A corrupt administration taking on the previous in such a public way is a massive gamble. The safest bet is on the ones with all the powers.

There are people within various government agencies still very loyal to the former administration and strongly opposed to the current... Unwilling and non-compliant internal adversaries... The secret internal war!

The current General in charge (Holder) is going to take them to court in New York. Making good on previous threats which failed badly to motivate compliance with a very destructive agenda.

Stay tuned, sit back and enjoy the show... Watching it all implode in such a public way will be quite entertaining.

What you have seen in public is quite tame so far... Just imagine how bad things are behind the scenes... The things going on that the public will never see or know of!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think you are leading with your heart not your head.
If he has rights and they were not read to him the confession is out!
If he has rights his computer was illegally seized all that evidence is gone.
If he hes rights like a citizen you can't use any thing gained from water boarding him.
and so on.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
gun him down

[edit on 14-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

Yeah that's all I have to say...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

well the fact that he's being tried in new york for plotting 9/11 means that the chances of him going free aren't too good.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I really think this could turn out with him getting off,possibly intentionally.
Its like this administration has no clue what it's doing.
Either through stupidity or intent this is bad.They rioted when the cops in the Rodney King case got off ,what will happen if these guys get off?I wouldn't want to be a Muslim on that day!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
When someone's been waterboarded 140+ times and threatened with the murder of his wife & children, I really wouldn't put too much merit in any confession given by this person.

And besides, do you people really still believe that the muslims were behind 9/11?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Never.

Even if by some miracle he was to win the case against him now in court there are many more charges that can be brought against him.

And if he won on all charges in the US he would just be shipped to the UK or one of the many other countries that have charges against him till he dies of old age.

All legal and above board but he has no chance of ever being free.
There was just to many citizens of to many countries at the world trade center and other bombing he planed. And courts from any of those countries can file charges and ask for him to be sent on to there country for trial.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
No way at all - that dude is basically a dead man walking, the trial is just a formality... You know it wouldn't surprise me if they changed a few rules so they could televise the execution - Lethal injection in New York I believe....

Nope no way is he getting off, this will be the show trial to end all show trials - every American will be watching that instead of Pop Idol or whatever... The only way he would get off being sentenced is if there is an 'accident' or someone assassinates him.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
"So what some of you are saying is, only Americans are entitled to proper legal representation, the rules of evidence, justice, and a fair open public trial."

Whoever is saying the above has not read the Patriot Act.

Can anyone produce a copy of this guy's alleged signed confession? Oh yeah, I forgot, this alleged document, if it exists, cannot be made public due to National Security issues. Or maybe, the person who took his alleged confession did not get it signed in writing. Or maybe the dog ate it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Even if by some miracle he was to win the case against him now in court there are many more charges that can be brought against him. And if he won on all charges in the US he would just be shipped to the UK or one of the many other countries that have charges against him till he dies of old age.

That's a good point.Would we extradite a man we found innocent?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
When someone's been waterboarded 140+ times and threatened with the murder of his wife & children, I really wouldn't put too much merit in any confession given by this person.

And besides, do you people really still believe that the muslims were behind 9/11?

Yep, it's very unfortunate that people have very selective and/or limited memory. This guy basically admitted to committing so many terror acts to the point of absurdity. I wouldn't be surprised if he told his torturers that he went back in time to bang his own mother just so she could give birth to him to reign terror acts upon this world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join