It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert Pediatrician Exposes Vaccine Myths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Posted by: Dr. Mercola
November 14 2009

Dr. Larry Palevsky is a board-certified pediatrician trained at the New York School of Medicine, and one of the leading physicians in the country who, from my view, is actually able to compellingly and convincingly provide sound, rational, scientific justification as to why you need to seriously reconsider the wisdom of choosing vaccines as an option to prevent against most diseases.

The Difference Between What You Learn in School and What Works

Dr. Palevsky says:

“When I went through medical school, I was taught that vaccines were completely safe and completely effective, and I had no reason to believe otherwise. All the information that I was taught was pretty standard in all the medical schools and the teachings and scientific literature throughout the country. I had no reason to disbelieve it.

Over the years, I kept practicing medicine and using vaccines and thinking that my approach to vaccines was completely onboard with everything else I was taught.

But more and more, I kept seeing that my experience of the world, my experience in using and reading about vaccines, and hearing what parents were saying about vaccines were very different from what I was taught in medical school and my residency training.

… and it became clearer to me as I read the research, listened to more and more parents, and found other practitioners who also shared the same concern that vaccines had not been completely proven safe or even completely effective, based on the literature that we have today.

… It didn’t appear that the scientific studies that we were given were actually appropriately designed to prove and test the safety and efficacy.

It also came to my attention that there were ingredients in there that were not properly tested, that the comparison groups were not appropriately set up, and that conclusions made about vaccine safety and efficacy just did not fit the scientific standards that I was trained to uphold in my medical school training.”

Were Vaccines Really the ‘Savior’ Against Past Diseases?

Conventional medicine teaches that the polio and the smallpox epidemics went away because of the vaccines, and that most of the diseases that we faced in the 20th century in the United States were brought down because of the power, strength and the implementation of the vaccine policy.

Meanwhile, there are a significant number of studies in the medical literature that actually show there were many other reasons that these infectious diseases went away.

For example, one article published in 2000 in the Pediatrics Journal describes how, before the World War II, the majority of the infectious diseases the US was faced with – such as diphtheria, tetanus, polio, pertussis, measles, influenza, parapertussis, tuberculosis and scarlet fever – were all reduced before World War II and BEFORE there were antibiotics and vaccinations available to treat or to vaccinate against these diseases.

The reasons for the reductions in incidence rates and mortality of these diseases were predominantly due to the implementation of public health strategies, including:

* Clean water
* Better living conditions
* Improved sanitation
* Improved nutrition

There are many such examples...

articles.mercola.com...

[edit on 14-11-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yep clean water was probably a massive factor in preventing disease. Not saying vaccines, may not helped in some ways. But mankind has been around this long, and they have survived by finding natures remedies and cures.

If we can survive this long without modern medicine, surely the human race was doing something right to survive upto when modern medicine started.

I wonder how many doctors really have no doubts about them?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i have a question

would you be convinced if an expert pediatrician said vaccines were safe?
no?
then why should anyone care about someone saying the opposite?

hypocritical arguments from authority are too rampant here

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
hypocritical arguments from authority are too rampant here

Yep too true.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

* Clean water

Pharmaceutical drugs are in our drinking water.

AP investigation: Pharmaceuticals found in drinking water

A vast array of pharmaceuticals including antibiotics, anti-convulsants, mood stabilizers and sex hormones have been found in the drinking water supplies of at least 41 million Americans, an Associated Press investigation shows.

www.metrowestdailynews.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
i have a question

would you be convinced if an expert pediatrician said vaccines were safe?
no?
then why should anyone care about someone saying the opposite?

Here's why:

Dr. Palevsky says:

“When I went through medical school, I was taught that vaccines were completely safe and completely effective, and I had no reason to believe otherwise. All the information that I was taught was pretty standard in all the medical schools and the teachings and scientific literature throughout the country. I had no reason to disbelieve it.

Over the years, I kept practicing medicine and using vaccines and thinking that my approach to vaccines was completely onboard with everything else I was taught.

But more and more, I kept seeing that my experience of the world, my experience in using and reading about vaccines, and hearing what parents were saying about vaccines were very different from what I was taught in medical school and my residency training."

Doctors need to start thinking for themselves instead of parroting their Big Pharma-dominated medical school training.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by GoldenFleece]

top topics

join