It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Director: "I am against organized religion"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Roland Emmerich has probably killed more people that any director in the history of humanity. Whether it's unleashing a giant lizard on New York in Godzilla or freezing the Eastern seaboard in The Day After Tomorrow, he's got a thing for destruction on a mass scale-- and he knows you like it too. With 2012 he's giving disaster movie fans all they ever wanted, death and destruction on a scale bigger than anything he, or anyone, has ever attempted. What like about Roland Emmerich, aside from the over-the-top enjoyment his movies bring, is he's a frank, straightforward interview, happy to talk about his plans for Independence Day 2 (you can watch that video here), his experience writing Day After Tomorrow when 9/11 happened, and why, as a filmmaker with millions of dollars to do whatever he wants, he chooses disaster movies. You may be surprised to learn that it's not all about the money. Watch my short, seven and a half minute interview with Emmerich below. If you've ever cheered when you saw a major landmark get destroyed, you'll want to watch this one.

Video Link

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
And he somehow decided that destroying all Western icons of grace, beauty and civility was O.K., but fell short of destroying any muslim chunks of rock?
He said in an interview that he acted so as he doesn't want the hassle, from the muslims.
Another coward. Dang, and I did want to see that movie.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT

So let me get this straight.... You're going to boycott the movie because he wouldn't destroy an Islamic holy site in it?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

And he somehow decided that destroying all Western icons of grace, beauty and civility was O.K., but fell short of destroying any muslim chunks of rock?
He said in an interview that he acted so as he doesn't want the hassle, from the muslims.

I think you need to look past that.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I am a piece of nothing in a vast ocean of whatever. I see no reason to keep on giving my money to those I do not agree with. Call it a boycott, I can't. I call it voting with my feet.
All like minded are encouraged to join.
And not right-wingers only.
The people on the left are at risk as well.
Maybe even more so because everyone looks to the left for NEW thoughts and "ideals".

[edit on 11/14/2009 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hm, maybe he DID film scenes playing in a muslimic country but they didn't survive the final cut?
Emmerich is always accused of being too enthusiastic about American patriotism but I guess people tend to miss the point. He lives in LA and he makes movies for Hollywood, not for Bollywood. His films need to appeal to the biggest western market, with is the US. So of course he has to please THIS market first. I remember when someone blamed him for being so incredibly patriotic in ID4, he replied that he wrote a script in which the world is saved by a black (Smith's character) and a jew (Goldblum's character).
He could have chosen two white puritans - but he didn't.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Who cares if the geezer gets his morals from his pen1s.

Man i do not watch hollywood movies, and i doubt you should either, lol.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
More importantly, who cares? We are talking about a piece of disinfo that's out there playing off of people's uneducated fears.

There are far more reasons not to see it, beyond what does or does not get destroyed.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I am a piece of nothing in a vast ocean of whatever. I see no reason to keep on giving my money to those I do not agree with. Call it a boycott, I can't. I call it voting with my feet.

Not giving money, I can agree with that. I was intending on downloading the movie online...

But I was only thinking about it. After all, there's also Inglorious Basterds and a lot of other movies I'd like to see...

And not right-wingers only.

I know you probably will not be interested in this idea, but you are an individual, and assigning yourself a political party like that just has you sold in another way that I find inappropriate. George Washington warned against 3 things in his farewell address as president: geographical divisions of the country (East vs. West, North vs. South, etc.), foreign relations (getting "too friendly" with foreign countries), and political parties.

Whether it be organized religion, political parties, or anything else where "pre-packaged" ideas are handed to you and you just say, "Yes, I agree!," I feel that your individuality is lost. What you personally know to be right and wrong is often overridden by a party line or sentiment that you learn/are conditioned to accept instead, as opposed to coming to your own rational conclusions.

I'm with George: screw all political parties.

And the 2-party system in this country is a joke. Seriously, either party only gets the legislation pushed through that is BAD for us. Liberals want to take our guns away and seem to have most success with that, Republicans end up militarizing aspects of our police force and governments (really unbalancing the relationship between people and government) and even spending more money than Democrats in recent years. And they both lick the heels of any corporation or bank that will swing by and drop a fat wad of cash in their pocket as a congressman. All in all the system is just a scam to make sure the only things that get passed are the things the common people don't want. And then they blame each other. Works perfectly for what it's really supposed to do, doesn't work at all for what WE want as "the people."

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
it's Clowns like this guy that start rumors like 2012 than make a movie and make $

Zelong.

new topics

top topics

join