It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Urges Congress To Put Off Fort Hood Probe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yes, I agree with you on all of that, it is still the Hegelian Dialectic in action.

Using the momentum of one Administration, to assist a second one is nothing new.

It is politics in action, Washington as usual, the Criminals In Action.

What I find fascinating is the amount of nonsense any Administration would go to in order to gain extra power.

I loved the book below which was written just before Obama took office.

The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power

Amazon Review :

The Bush years have given rise to fears of a resurgent Imperial Presidency. Those fears are justified, but the problem cannot be solved simply by bringing a new administration to power.

In his provocative new book, The Cult of the Presidency, Gene Healy argues that the fault lies not in our leaders but in ourselves.

When our scholars lionize presidents who break free from constitutional restraints, when our columnists and talking heads repeatedly call upon the "commander in chief " to dream great dreams and seek the power to achieve them--when voters look to the president for salvation from all problems great and small--should we really be surprised that the presidency has burst its constitutional bonds and grown powerful enough to threaten American liberty?

The Cult of the Presidency takes a step back from the ongoing red team/blue team combat and shows that, at bottom, conservatives and liberals agree on the boundless nature of presidential responsibility.

For both camps, it is the president's job to grow the economy, teach our children well, provide seamless protection from terrorist threats, and rescue Americans from spiritual malaise.

Very few Americans seem to think it odd, says Healy, "when presidential candidates talk as if they're running for a job that's a combination of guardian angel, shaman, and supreme warlord of the earth."

Healy takes aim at that unconfined conception of presidential responsibility, identifying it as the source of much of our political woe and some of the gravest threats to our liberties.

If the public expects the president to heal everything that ails us, the president is going to demand--or seize--the power necessary to handle that responsibility.

Interweaving historical scholarship, legal analysis, and trenchant cultural commentary, The Cult of the Presidency traces America's decades-long drift from the Framers' vision for the presidency: a constitutionally constrained chief magistrate charged with faithful execution of the laws.

Restoring that vision will require a Congress and a Court willing to check executive power, but Healy emphasizes that there is no simple legislative or judicial "fix" to the problems of the presidency.

Unless Americans change what we ask of the office--no longer demanding what we should not want and cannot have--we'll get what, in a sense, we deserve.

The problem is however that I did not learn anything that I did not already know from my studies of politics, Washington D.C., military, Law Enforcement, and the entirety of Government's and what they will do to gain, retain, and remain in power.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

What really is happening right now is massive exploitation of this crisis to create momentum and synergy and to harness it and channel it towards support of the next goals of the Internationalists and Elites to retake Iran and restore the Shah’s son to power on the Peacock Throne there and to create absolute U.S. Military hegemony in the strategic oil rich Persian Gulf.

I don't think Obama's mind is working in that direction,

Pay attention to Eric Holder’s law firm and Gitmo detainees
michellemalkin.com...

When I read this connection, whoa, my head is spinning.

[edit on 103030p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Notice that Wikipedia already has a Nidal Malik Hasan page?

Yes isn't that interesting? I wonder what date it first came up. Days after the shooting, or on the day of the shooting?
That would be something.

Interesting again that the 'article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.'

Someone realizing that they went overboard or let too many things out of the bag?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Suspect
Main article: Nidal Malik Hasan
Major Nidal Hasan

Major Nidal Malik Hasan, a 39-year-old American-born Muslim of Palestinian descent, who is a U.S. Army psychiatrist and MD, is the sole suspect in the shootings.

According to one of his cousins, Hasan is a practicing Muslim who became more devout after the deaths of his parents in 1998 and 2001.[41] His cousin did not recall him ever expressing any radical or anti-American views.[41] Hasan's cousin, Nader Hasan, a lawyer in Virginia, said that Nidal Hasan turned against the wars after hearing the stories of those who came back from Afghanistan and Iraq.[42]

Hasan attended the Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Falls Church, Virginia, in 2001, at the same time as two of the hijackers in the September 11 attacks, Nawaf al-Hazmi and Hani Hanjour,[43][44] but it is not known whether or not Hasan encountered them.[45] Hasan has expressed admiration for the teachings of Anwar al-Awlaki, who was the mosque's imam at the time.[46] Hasan had also given a classroom presentation that, according to Associated Press, "justified suicide bombings."[47]

Hasan was investigated by the FBI after intelligence agencies intercepted 10 to 20 emails over several months starting in December 2008 until early 2009 with Awlaki, who was under surveillance. Army employees were informed of the contacts, but there was no threat was perceived from the general questions about spiritual guidance regarding conflicts between Islam and military service, which were judged to be consistent with mental health research about Muslims in the armed services.[48] A DC-based joint terrorism task force that operates under the FBI was notified, and the information reviewed by one of its Defense Criminal Investigative Service employees. The assessment concluded there was not sufficient information for a larger investigation.[49] Despite two Defense Department investigators on two joint task forces having looked into Hasan's communications, higher-ups at the Department of Defense stated they were not notified before the incident of such investigations.[50] In July 2009 he had been transferred from Washington's Walter Reed Medical Center to Fort Hood.

Hasan gave away furniture from his home on the morning of the shooting, saying he was going to be deployed. He also handed out copies of the Qur'an, along with his business cards which listed a Maryland phone number and read "Behavioral Heatlh [sic] - Mental Health - Life Skills | Nidal Hasan, MD, MPH | SoA(SWT) | Psychiatrist".[51][52] According to Jeff Sadoski, spokesperson of U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, Hasan was upset about his deployment[53] to Afghanistan[54] on November 28. Noel Hamad, Hasan's aunt,[55] said that the family was not aware he was being sent to Afghanistan.[56]

According to National Public Radio (NPR), officials at Walter Reed had repeatedly expressed concern about Hasan's behavior for the entire six years that he was there. During that time period, Hasan's supervisors had repeatedly given him poor evaluations and warned him that he was doing substandard work. During the spring of 2008, and some other times afterward, several key officials had meetings to discuss what to do about Hasan. According to NPR, attendees of these meetings reportedly included the chief of psychiatry at Walter Reed, the chairman of the Psychiatry Department at USUHS, the assistant chair of the Psychiatry Department and director of Hasan's psychiatry fellowship, another assistant chairman of psychiatry at USUHS, another psychiatrist, and the director of the psychiatric residency program at Walter Reed. According to NPR, both fellow students and faculty were strongly troubled by Hasan's behavior, which they described as being, "disconnected," "aloof," "paranoid," "belligerent," and "schizoid."[57]
[edit] Possible motivation

Immediately after the shooting, analysts and public officials openly debated Hasan's motive and preceding psychological state: A military activist, Selena Coppa, said: "This man was a psychiatrist and was working with other psychiatrists every day and they failed to notice how deeply disturbed someone right in their midst was."[21]

U.S. Senator Joseph Lieberman called for a probe by the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, which he chairs. Lieberman said "it's premature to reach conclusions about what motivated Hasan ... I think it's very important to let the Army and the FBI go forward with this investigation before we reach any conclusions."[58][59]

Michael Welner M.D., a leading forensic psychiatrist with experience examining mass shooters, said that the shooting had elements common to both ideological and workplace mass shootings.[60] Dr. Welner, who believed the motivation was to create a "spectacle", said that a trauma care worker, even one afflicted with stress, would not be expected to be homicidal toward his patients unless his ideology trumped his Hippocratic oath–and this was borne out in his shouting "Allahu Akhbar" as he killed the unarmed.[60] An analyst of terror investigations, Carl Tobias, said that the attack did not fit the profile of terrorism, and was more reminiscent of the Virginia Tech shooting.[61]

However, Michael Scheuer, the retired former head of the Bin Laden Issue Station, and former U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey[62] have called the event a terrorist attack,[61] as has Fox News contributor Walid Phares.[63] Retired General Barry McCaffrey said on Anderson Cooper 360° that "it's starting to appear as if this was a domestic terrorist attack on fellow soldiers by a major in the Army who we educated for six years while he was giving off these vibes of disloyalty to his own force."[64]

Brian Levin of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism wrote that the case sits at the crossroads of crime, terrorism, and mental distress.[65] He compared the possible role of religion to the beliefs of Scott Roeder, a devout Christian who murdered Dr. George Tiller, who practiced abortion. Such offenders "often self-radicalize from a volatile mix of personal distress, psychological issues, and an ideology that can be sculpted to justify and explain their anti-social leanings."[65]

Before it disappears, but it is always subject to change

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

What really is happening right now is massive exploitation of this crisis to create momentum and synergy and to harness it and channel it towards support of the next goals of the Internationalists and Elites to retake Iran and restore the Shah’s son to power on the Peacock Throne there and to create absolute U.S. Military hegemony in the strategic oil rich Persian Gulf.

I don't think Obama's mind is working in that direction,

Pay attention to Eric Holder’s law firm and Gitmo detainees
michellemalkin.com...

When I read this connection, whoa, my head is spinning.

[edit on 103030p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

In my humble opinion Obama like all U.S. Presidents since the assissination of Abraham Lincoln are basically nothing but President of Public Relations.

I don't think Obama or any President in a very long time has called the shots but a consortium of oligarchs who own and run the vital infrastructure of the nation and the all powerful military industrial complex and the banking and financial industries do.

Ask yourself this Stormdancer, which policy of George W. Bush did the Democratic led Congress that publicly despised and rediculed him did they ever vote down?

Which policy of George W. Bush has the democratic party controlled congress and White House overturned?

It is a rubber stamp Congress that has long basically given the Powers that Be exactly what they want as well as giving divide and conquer political theatre to the masses to create a never ending self defeating internal left/right debate that truly accomplishes nothing but distraction in the masses who incredibly after all these years of things going from bad to worse, to worse still imagine there is some solution in the dog and pony show where the Left creates a problem that the Right promises but fails to solve by creating another problem that the Left promises but fails to solve by creating another problem.

If it weren't so tragic it would be utterly laughable though I must confess the sadist in me does find humor in it some days.

The President is just a mouth piece and public relations man for the Corporate Oligarchs who use their own control of a corrupted and subverted Congress to introduce and pass their agenda.

Lets face it this President wants to give us the Obama Plan Health Care and he himself didn't even make a plan. The Congress is that he himself will just sell to the American people as a public relations head.

His true powers are simply ceremonial all aimed at giving people the regal pomp and circumstance that people associate with heads of government.

Kiss the Pope's hand now and then, kiss the King of Saudia Arabia's hands now and then, Kiss the Queen of England not and then, appear serious, Presidential and host some other world leaders now and then for the G-20 so they can all dine on Steak Tartar and Caviar while watching the latest Riot Control Weapons and tactics used on the disgruntled and disenfranchised masses.

Really great work if you can get it!

With a hidden Birth Certificate hanging over Obama's head in the hands of who knows who, I wouldn't be looking for this President to break the mold.

It's a one way trip to the morgue for Presidents who attempt too.

Or a little warning shot for the onboard guy who lets his tongue slip like Regan when he publicly spoke out about the falicy of the Federal Reserve System.

Take real steps to take actions against the Banksters like Kennedy did?

Good night!

Obama is simply the latest dancer with the Stars, dancing as fast as he can to a tune he doesn't select but is required to look good dancing to and singing along with.

Song, song blue every body knows one!
Song, song blue every body knows some!
Hey if you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world!
Could you tell her I am not lying, though should I speak the truth I will soon be dying!

I know I missed my calling. Sadly in this economy Vegas needs no new lounge acts!

[edit on 14/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It's the classic play both sides against the middle with the masses always caught in the middle.

Fins to the left of me, fins to the right of me and it's the only game in town!

As long as the people believe in these charades and illusions they will continue to be highly effective.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This makes no since. Nothing wrong with 2 investigations going at once.. Unless Obama wants his people to hide evidence of something before congress finds it... only reason I can think of.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

We're already heading towards the collapse of America as an independent nation.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

Collapse the economy, usher in the United Nations global dollar, and America is dead.

All of theses incidents, Nidal Malik Hasan, Osama bin Laden, Lee Harvey Oswald are mere distractions, keep the populace looking everywhere but where the real threat is started from, in Washington D.C.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I cannot disagree with what you have posted proto, Sometimes I do, but it looks like you nailed it this time.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

Notice that Wikipedia already has a Nidal Malik Hasan page?

Yes isn't that interesting? I wonder what date it first came up. Days after the shooting, or on the day of the shooting?
That would be something.

Interesting again that the 'article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.'

Someone realizing that they went overboard or let too many things out of the bag?

Exactly my point when posting it up there to begin with.

The information got out, conflicting stories and issues, media strangulation of the events.

And literally how many days after the event, there's a Wikipedia page on it.

The first part of the page was done on November 6th, by the way.

Wikipedia : Nidal Malik Hasan : Revision History

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

As long as the people believe in these charades and illusions they will continue to be highly effective.

The majority of people don't believe politician, politics and politicians are like religion and the politician becomes the idol,

The average guy like my husband just goes to work from cradle to grave, trying to survive.

Since time immemorial, the prophets have know the state of mankind.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thanks for posting that, just hope you don't get pinged, for excessive quoting.

I've already copied and pasted it into a Microsoft Word document for later.

I always do that with all articles that fascinate me.

I noticed how Continuity of Government was parsed down, after I got it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Unless Obama wants his people to hide evidence of something before congress finds it

They are always hiding something, no wonder Obama wants control over the internet,

There has never been a time in history where we had so much information available to the masses.

The question is, what we do with the information.

I don't know what to do with it.

[edit on 123030p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You are welcome,
two lines

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

ProtoplamicTraveler, I could not agree with you more.

Lawrence Lessig: Corrupt Congress a Farm League for K Street Lobbyists

What did you think of the book I posted earlier about Cult of the Presidency?

The events like the Fort Hood incident is exactly how the President can snatch and gain more power via the laws, through Congress, allowing things like Swine Flu, terrorism, and National Emergency to be bumped up a notch into Martial Law.

There was the Fort Hood incident, then the next day the event in Orlando, and I'm watching for the next event to enact Martial Law like a domino falling, it is something the entire world is watching right now, what exactly will it be.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
This makes no since. Nothing wrong with 2 investigations going at once.. Unless Obama wants his people to hide evidence of something before congress finds it... only reason I can think of.

That's just it though, two separate investigations, there will be territorial disputes, disputes over who is right and wrong, who is left-wing and right-wing, who should get to try the man, civilian or military.

This is the causation of diffusion of the illusion, the shell game in action.

If they can scramble the event, scramble your mind, and scramble the facts, we will never know the truth.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Here's the Smoking Gun so to speak as to why Obama may have stepped in.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Nidal Malik Hasan : Higher Education, Military Service, and Medical Career

Higher education, military service, and medical career

Hasan joined the Army immediately after high school, and served eight years as an enlisted soldier while attending college.

He graduated from Virginia Tech in 1997 with a bachelor's degree in biochemistry, and went on to medical school at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences ("USUHS").

After earning his medical degree (M.D.) in 2001, Hasan completed his residency in psychiatry at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

While an intern at Walter Reed, he received counseling and extra supervision.

Slide 49/50 of The Koranic World View As It Relates to Muslims in the U.S. Military, a presentation made by Hasan during a symposium of U.S. Army physicians at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

While an intern at Walter Reed, he received counseling and extra supervision.

According to the Washington Post, Hasan made a presentation titled The Koranic World View As It Relates to Muslims in the U.S. Military during his senior year of residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

The presentation, which was not well received by some of the attendees, recommended that the Department of Defense "should allow Muslims [sic] Soldiers the option of being released as "Conscientious objectors" to increase troop morale and decrease adverse events."

So, that being said, he attended Virgina Tech, where we already have had a shooting.

He received counseling and extra supervision, says a lot.

That means back at Walter Reed, as an intern, they noticed he may have been problematic.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

That means back at Walter Reed, as an intern, they noticed he may have been problematic.

Incredibly, how can they possible defend all this?

Play close attention to the time line.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Incredibly, how can they possible defend all this?

Play close attention to the time line.

This means to me that they saw him as a potential risk that far back.

The question is though whether the counseling and extra attention assisted him, or if it's what drove him to commit heinous acts, or if in fact it was a driving of a victim towards a complicit action through tacit means.

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

If it did assist him, why did he go further?

If it was a driven action, this means Government conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I noticed long ago you have a Fasces in your avatar, so I have to ask, are you in favor of the new Rome, or for the Fall of Rome?

Those are very good questions my friend. It is my own personal belief that the Roman Empire never went out of business and continues to exist and runs the world through a complex set of confusing treaties and international laws that all lead back to Rome.

As a child my mother always chided me to mind my manners in neighbor’s homes by extolling me to “When in Rome do as the Romans do”.

I surely don’t have the heart or the patience to convince my dear old elderly mother that we do in fact live in the Roman Empire. If one reads the Treaties of Paris and the Treaties of Ghent that respectively ended the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 and does some serious research regarding titles and verbiage there is little escaping the reality the United States of America is nothing but a Roman State with an independent city/state capital named for the Goddess Columbia that is not beholden to or subject to the laws it passes on the 50 incorporated States under it’s umbrella.

Rome is the New World Order, and Rome is at the heart of the New World Order Conspiracy, it is etched across our currency, it’s symbols and imagery is woven into all of our government edifices, it’s manufactured religion of Christianity holds the hearts and minds of most of our citizenry, it’s laws are the basis of our own and it’s desire for empire, glory and wealth is much of what the American dream has manifested in to.

I am for all intents and purposes a good Roman just as mother extolled me to be. I make a profit for the state, I look for ways to be enterprising, and tend to indulge my carnal and sentient nature when time and circumstances and wealth permit.

Most ruled by Rome are slaves and unwitting ones who labor incessantly for a pittance under the illusion of freedom Rome permits them. The most enslaved person is that one who imagines they are free! The most captive person is the one who knows not that they are in bondage or who their jailor is.

Rome simply decided to forego the costly price of bread and circuses and offered instead absolution or eternal damnation for abiding by its laws and principals. Rome’s principals simply went underground and exploited the differences in the conquered territories in regards to religion, race, and national political ideology to trick the masses into constantly dividing and conquering themselves.

The evidence is all around us, but is simply dismissed by people who’s love of the illusion they have been sold is so endearing to them they can not bare to part with it.

Still though to this day free Roman citizens enjoy the highest levels of rights and protections that the far flung empire can afford and give, so citizenship versus slavery very much still has its advantages.

How does one become a free Roman citizen? Just like dear old Mom said, when in Rome do as the Romans do one simply has to understand they are in Rome first.

Walk in to any Court Room in the United States and start speaking and addressing the Court in Latin and you will see right away that the phrase “Do you speak the Latin” carries tremendous weight and influence.

I will not speak out directly against the Empire, just against its players and member states.

Long live Rome!

Hail Caesar

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join