It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are crystal balls and crystal skulls ancient et technological devices?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
that we just dont know how to operate?

like what wud happen if homo habilis found a garage remote or a tv or computer. they wudnt be able to switch it on. are we having the same issues with the mitchell hedges crystal skull and are crystal balls similar sorts of devices? (for remote viewing - like tvs or radios that we have today).

(this all reminds me of superman's ice palace where all the information and video recordings were stored in crystal, btw.)

Think im losing the plot?

The book :mystery of the crystal skulls by morton and thomas notes some interesting properties of crystal - particularly the crystal used in the mitchell hedges crystal skull.

first off, the present electronic age should really be called the 'crystal' age. becuz quartz crystal/silica is at the heart of all modern electronic devices and computers etc. 'silicon chip' silicon valley.. etc. it all comes down to quartz.

let us discuss:

p52. the scientists at hewlett packard discovered that the skull was not only made from one single piece of natural quartz but from 'piezo electric' silicon dioxide - the type of naturally ocurring quartz used so widely in modern electronics.

the fact that the crystal skull is made from this type of quartz means that it actually has a positive and negative polarity, just like a battery. It also means that if you apply pressure to the skull or squeeze it it is actually capable of generating electricity. (touching a crystal ball???) alternatively if you apply an electric charge to the cystal skull it actually changes shahpe without in any way affecting its mass or density.

in the case of the crystal skull it was vertically piezo electrically oriented - i.e. from top to bottom of skull.

it also has unusual optical properties - such as the ability to channel light from below so that its focused out the eye sockets. etc..it is very resistant to chemical changes so lasts for millenia.

one of the unusual properties of piezo electric quartz is that it can function as an excellent oscillator or resonator. in theory the crystal skull may be able to hold electrical energy, potentially in a form of information and send out waves of information too...

quartz crystal is used in the atomic clock due to its electrical properties...

quartz crystal is at the very forefront of scientific advance in this and every other respect.

quartz is also vital to information technologiy, telecommuications and mass communication. it is found in all manner of electronic devices from radios to computers, tvs to satellites. all use quartz crystals. the info superhighway is dependant on quartz.

crystal has changed the face of society. quartz crystals are now vital to our civilzation.

why had the crystal skull been made from precisely the type of quartz whose properties and potential we have only just begun to recognize?..

... the maya todayrecognize the distinctive qualities of quartz and liken crystal to some sort of ancient radio, elevision or computer device, for communicating 'between worlds'....

and theres more in the book - i recommend you read the bit about the hewlett packard tests on the crystal skull (mitchell hedges one).

funny then that our folk memories and myths speak of 'wizards and witches' looking into CRYSTALL balls to see what people are doing elsewhere in the world, etc... ie. using crystal like we wud use a radio or tv today.

I think we may have found the piece of 'technology' left behind by the ets that everyone is looking for. we just dont know how to operate it. maybe someone shud ask the gypsies???

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
well heres some more information regarding the crystal skulls.
they seem to be mostly fakes or at the very least questionable. this discusses that and has quite a bit of more information on crystal skulls.
crystal skulls

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
There really is nothing to suggest the skulls are made by ET's. I think that early humans were far more intelligent and ingenuitive than many give them credit for. These skulls are simply human relics used for superstitious purposes etc.

Some are also recent 'knock-offs'. Not all the skulls are ancient. They are cool though!

IRM

[edit on 13/11/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

well yeah maybe. if you buy that the aztec or whoever could be arsed or capable of sanding down a crystal skull for 300 years which is how long it wud take to make it with sanding. the only way it cud have been made apart from et technology. scientists at hewlett packards said it wasnt made with our technology and we cudnt make it.

personally i dont think its possible to have made it with sanding. just look at it. its too accurate. the idea is ludicrous. that leaves ets.

and im not referring to all the other 'copy crystal skulls'. To date, i believe only the mitchell hedges one is genuine. only it has the properties above that i described of quartz. these properties are not accidental.
how did ancient agriculturalists know about them? how did they carve it to enhance these electrical properties???

give me a break. im not dumb enough to buy that argument.

so clearly it was ets. deal with it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
well heres some more information regarding the crystal skulls.
they seem to be mostly fakes or at the very least questionable. this discusses that and has quite a bit of more information on crystal skulls.
crystal skulls

the mitchell hedges skull CANNOT be amodern fake. Because it has been PROVEN SCIENTIFICALLY that it was NOT made using our technology. it was carved in a way that is unknown to us, using unknown technology.

thats scientific fact.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Always wanted to know more about this guys crystal sphere, but couldn't find much information on it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
crystals skulls are a fakery. The woman who found the first crystal skull was told by her father to go directly to the place where she found it. Her father had contacts with examplery craftpeople and it is not that difficult to do.

the following is taken from wikicrystal skulls

Many crystal skulls are claimed to be pre-Columbian, usually attributed to the Aztec or Maya civilizations. Mesoamerican art has numerous representations of skulls, but none of the skulls in museum collections come from documented excavations.[7] Research carried out on several crystal skulls at the British Museum in 1967, 1996 and again in 2004 has shown that the indented lines marking the teeth (for these skulls had no separate jawbone, unlike the Mitchell-Hedges skull) were carved using jeweler's equipment (rotary tools) developed in the 19th century, making a supposed pre-Columbian origin problematic.[8] The type of crystal was determined by examination of chlorite inclusions, and is only to be found in Madagascar and Brazil, and thus unobtainable or unknown within pre-Columbian Mesoamerica. The study concluded that the skulls were crafted in the 19th century in Germany, quite likely at workshops in the town of Idar-Oberstein renowned for crafting objects made from imported Brazilian quartz at this period in the late 19th century.[9]

It has been established that both the British Museum and Paris's Musée de l'Homme[10] crystal skulls were originally sold by the French antiquities dealer Eugène Boban, who was operating in Mexico City between 1860 and 1880.[11] The British Museum crystal skull transited through New York's Tiffany's, whilst the Musée de l'Homme's crystal skull was donated by Alphonse Pinart, an ethnographer who had bought it from Boban.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Archaeologist Jane MacClaren Walsh of the Smithsonian Institution, in Washington, D.C., asserts that the Mitchell-Hedges crystal skull is far more modern and less lethal. "I am fairly certain that the skull was made in the early 20th century, with high-speed lapidary tools," says Walsh, who analyzed it last November. "We found tool marks left by high-speed diamond-coated rotary cutting tools, which would not have been available to pre-Columbian carvers. There are a number of skulls that have been carved in Europe and in Mexico that are quite similar to the Mitchell-Hedges skull, and there is no mystery about how they were carved. I don't know of any scientific evidence that quartz [crystal] is imbued with special powers, certainly not supernatural powers."

The rest of the story:
www.illinoistimes.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

double post.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

wow, did you read what i just wrote? SCIENTISTS have tested the skull and it IS NOT made with modern tools. that is a fact. you can verify it.

anyway, im not gonna bother defending this further since no one's interested. i thought this forum was more open minded.

im starting to think half the people on here are ..

whatever.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

unless u can provide a link from a reputable site I stick to what i said. And the science that I know off not to mention the paper trail evidence for these skulls I suggest you do some research b4 posting crap.

Quote from the link i already provided
While in Dorland's care the skull came to the attention of writer Richard Garvin, at the time working at an advertising agency where he supervised Hewlett-Packard's advertising account. Garvin made arrangements for the skull to be examined at HP's crystal labs at Santa Clara, where it was subjected to several tests. The labs determined only that it was not a composite (as Dorland had supposed), but that it was fashioned from a single crystal of quartz.[27] The lab test also established that the lower jaw had been fashioned from the same left-handed growing crystal as the rest of the skull.[28] No investigation was made by HP as to its method of manufacture or dating.[29]

[edit on 14-11-2009 by loner007]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

yeah...um....cite a source.

its a scientific fact that most the time when people claim something is a scientific fact they have no science to back up that claim.

open minded does not mean blindly following something. sorry if people dont friggin believe you when you say "ITS SCIENTIFIC FACT" 4-5 times and NEVER back up your claim.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
reply to post by InfaRedMan

wud, cud, cudnt ?

Say what?

personally i dont think its possible to have made it with sanding. just look at it. its too accurate. the idea is ludicrous. that leaves ets.

No it doesn't. It leaves someone with a point of view that refuses to acknowledge the intelligence and ingenuity of humans. The idea that it's ET is a massive leap of logic... and ludicrous!

give me a break. im not dumb enough to buy that argument.

Really? wud, cud, cudnt ?

so clearly it was ets.

Clearly? Umm... Ok?

deal with it.

Deal with what? There is nothing to deal with! I don't go to bed ruminating over this stuff. It's a curio and nothing more! You certainly have a knack for the dramatic!

IRM

[edit on 14/11/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
whatever.

oh and by the way, i AM right as it happens. and you will find out one day, if you're still alive to see it. i guess then you can apologise to me, but i probably wont care...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Thats a good book on the crystal skulls-I read it a few years back.
The mitchell-hedges skull seems to be the most interesting,and I too found the laboratory tests by hewlett packard to be fascinating.

It suggested that the skull (could) hold massive amounts of data,although we have no known way of reading the data.

Very interesting.

top topics

join