It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we in Danger , is the big one comming ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
With all the Meteors being reported over the past year I cant help wonder if we may of moved into a dangerously active region of space .
Then there is the revelation that the US military has classified asteroid and meteor data.
A 26-foot-wide asteroid almost hit the earth when it passed within about 14,000 km of the planet recently, The asteroid, called 2009 VA, was noticed only 15 hours before it made its closest approach towards the planet on November 6 .
Has the US military done this to blind those not in the know to the danger we are in ,in an attempt to stop an event being made public knowledge until its about to happen ,thus delaying widespread panic to the last moment .
So the question is aren't we overdue for a big hit and is it closer than we think?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

AFAIK, the military has started sharing their data with the scientists again, and that meteor would have exploded in the atmosphere making a nice firework.

spaceweather.com has a nice list of near-earth asteroids, and lots of info

Anything large enough to cause an extinction level event are often discovered by either professionals, or amateurs scanning the skies at night, the only scare thing is that we haven't got a way to protect ourselves from it, if its gonna hit us. Yet.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by K-Raz

AFAIK, the military has started sharing their data with the scientists again

Thats good to hear , I'm not necessarily thinking extinction level event but a large meteor ,A big chunk of Iron ,something large enough to cause city wide damage , a tsunami or kick up enough dust into the atmosphere to cause significant problems .
I am sure I read somewhere or saw it on Horizon that the earth is overdue for an impact .
Hope not though

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
theres always that ammount of astriods. were gonna get smacked in the jaw soon enough its just a waiting game
dont we only have something like 3% of astriods listed?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The military did temporarily stop providing data but the halt was never intended to last for long. Not that it would have mattered if they had. The data in question was from satellites looking at Earth, not into space.

www.space.com...

new topics

top topics

join