It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wonders of Synchronicity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
For the past few weeks, I have been experiencing fascinating synchronistic events.

Ever since I began to seriously contemplate my life and my purpose, I have noticed strange events that I know are a product of my thoughts and actions. The more I experience synchronicity, the more I feel in tune with my reality.

Ever morning I tell myself that I am going to have a great day. When I drive to work, I literally sing "Today, I am going to have a great day. Synchronicity fills my life." and constantly tell myself that I am in harmony with the world and that nothing, no matter what happens can bring me down.

And sure enough, throughout the day I experience little small thing that I know are a product of what I am thinking. Here are some short examples.

1. During one of my classes, the professor said, "Today is a Thursday, its going to be a great day!" I smirked and said "Yeah, every day is a good day." She gave me a puzzled look and asked me why I think that and said, "Well, if you think you are going to have a bad day, you certainly will. If you think you are going to have a good day, you will." As soon as I said that, I looked at the wall and saw the number 222. A number I associate with have a good day.

2. I was at home and was looking for my favorite red cup. I was looking everywhere for it and couldn't find it. I enter my brothers room and immediately he tells me, "Hey David, can you pick up that red cup next to the sub woofer, its causing a lot of noise." It was my favorite red cup.

3. I wake up and start thinking about one of my favorite songs. When I get into my truck to drive to school, it is played. (Happens to me all the time)

4. I was let out of class early once and bumped into a good friend of mine in the hall way. We started talking and somehow ended up talking about synchronicity. We start talking about it and the suddenly realize that the numbers 111 are right in from of my face. It was the room number to one of the class rooms in the hallway.

5. I told myself one night that I was going to experience a very overwhelming synchronistic event the next day. Sure enough, I was sitting down in my Music Literature class and start thinking about my life and everything in it. The professor turns on the PowerPoint and I almost started crying of joy when I read the title of the slide. "The Path to Enlightenment"

Those are just some examples of synchronistic events that I experience throughout my daily life. I now heavily believe that what we think, say, and write affects our reality. Every morning I talk to myself about how my day is going to go. If I have an exam, I tell myself I am going to do great. If something significant is going to happen, I tell myself its going to be amazing. Even if the day is normal with nothing important, I tell myself its going to be wonderful.

I must confess, ever since I read "Hidden-Hand's" posts here on ATS, my life changed. I now focus on all the positive aspects of life and give thanks for my life and everything in it. Whether I am a product of a divine entity or some random mutation, I give thanks. Because without that force, I wouldn't be here. Out of the million of sperm that my father gave to my mother, I was the one that succeeded. I beat the odds and came to life. I am here, alive, existing, breathing and experiencing this thing we call reality.

I leave you now with this video to contemplate the power of thought.

Peace and Love,
David

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I will chime in here to completely back ya up

I've been experiencing the same type of thing for 2 years now, since really getting down and dirty with my "other side" lol

I love when the music thing happens hehe totally makes me just dance away

Anyhow didnt have much time to write, but wanted to at least toss in and toss you a nice assertion before the naysayers try to have at ya

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is Happens to me When I thoughts My Favorite Teen Titans, Heroes, Pokemon, Digimon, TWEWY, and KH Characters (spongebob and The Simpsons are excluded from my faves at the time) Engaged Mortal Combat With Omnidroid in alternate Scenario of Syndrome The Cheater the Track 17(Sometimes you Win) of Crysis Soundtrack played at background to prove that I'm used to be Crysis Fan then when I thought these same faves gets killed by Independence day style laser weapon the Raid in Progress song of Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour played on background again to prove Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour are one of My Favorite Games.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by masonicon]

[edit on 12-11-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

you crack me up man. i love how happy you are though! its great, haha.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
ehhh I do not buy it. You are simply tricking yourself into having good days. Its like a placebo effect. Yes, having a positive attitude and optimism is healthy and obviously will lead to a greater quantity of good days than a negative attitude, but in reality there is still uncontrollable variance and you or a loved one could die or have something bad happen to them on any given day even if you are convinced it will be a great day. Theres nothing supernatural occuring. You are just really focused on this concept thus you are noticing anything that pertains to it. Theres no way anyone can make song a play on the radio by thinking about it. How do you explain that?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I too have been noticing little spurts of synchronicity. Ever since someone on here posted Tool's "Lateralus" video with ties to the Fibonacci Sequence, I have become more aware of the little spurts. I was thinking of the movie "Mad Max" over the past few days, and now it is going to be on AMC this Friday; I would like to hear a certain song, and bang!, it's next on my shuffled mp3 player; I haven't heard from so-and-so for a while, check my email/facebook/phone and lookie-lookie, guess who I hear from
? It doesn't happen right away, and it needs to be at the forefront of my thoughts, not in the back of my head, but yes, Synchronicity happens! I don't think we "change" the future, but mayhaps we are a bit more precognizant of it?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm06002
ehhh I do not buy it. You are simply tricking yourself into having good days. Its like a placebo effect. Yes, having a positive attitude and optimism is healthy and obviously will lead to a greater quantity of good days than a negative attitude, but in reality there is still uncontrollable variance and you or a loved one could die or have something bad happen to them on any given day even if you are convinced it will be a great day. Theres nothing supernatural occuring. You are just really focused on this concept thus you are noticing anything that pertains to it. Theres no way anyone can make song a play on the radio by thinking about it. How do you explain that?

I have accepted death as something I do not have control over. If one of my family members would die even if I told myself I would have a good day, sure, I would mourn. I am only human. There are things I do not have control over.

Yes you are right, I am probably just noticing anything that pertains to synchronicity. Though, when it happens every day, constantly, I can only assume that there is something to it.

The power of thought is creative. But I only say that based on my experience. Your statement of "Theres no way anyone can make song a play on the radio by thinking about it" is probably true, in your reality.

Like I said in my first post, if you think you are going to have a good day, you probably are. If you think you can't make a song play on the radio, then you are probably right.

I do not understand anything in this reality. I can only assume how things are. "I only know that I know nothing"

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The op effect is not for me, people are just out to totally wreck my life, so the positive thing will never work in my life, lol. But if it works for you, lol, go for it.

I am always negative, lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A happy life is just a string of happy moments. But most people don't allow the happy moment, because they're so busy trying to get a happy life.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Sacramento, CA on Saturday, March 15th, 2003

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The op effect is not for me, people are just out to totally wreck my life, so the positive thing will never work in my life, lol. But if it works for you, lol, go for it.

I am always negative, lol.

You are forming your reality with your own words. "people are out to get me" just strengthens ur belief that people r out to get you.

Basically the universe is like a mirror reflecting back what you put in.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
As for synchronicity, lately over the past couple nights, street lights upon my presence (usually in a car) will turn on or off. Yesterday, one of the street lamps on the other side of the street from one corner of the block I live on, was off. It turned on as I passed by it, it was on my left. Went to a friend's house to visit for about 10 minutes, and then drove back the same route. The light turned off as I came to a stop underneath it. This is frequent enough (daily) and going to keep watching out for it.

Florescent indoor/shop ceiling lights turning on and off when in my presence is common as well.

I had a receipt yesterday, that I looked at when logging it into the pettycash ledger, that I realized was printed on the cashier's terminal at 11:11 AM on 11/11. My receipt number? Person number one for the day.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

There was just a thread on this: Holy cow.... Synchronicities???.
I killed it with this reply here.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You are forming your reality with your own words. "people are out to get me" just strengthens ur belief that people r out to get you.

Basically the universe is like a mirror reflecting back what you put in.

I love your analogy! Very clever.

Today, I experienced some very pleasant synchronicity. I was let out early from class and on the way to my next class, I somehow ended up talking to a guy who had been in a terrible car accident. He was on a wheelchair waiting for his parents to pick him up. I decided to stay with him until they picked him up. During my time talking to him, we discussed many interesting things, good, evil, god etc etc. It was very interesting and thought provoking.

After he left, I started walking towards my next class and had a sudden flash of 333 in my head. I keep walking more and there it is, on a car license plate, 333. What is strange is that 333 is a number that I associate with a cosmic message telling me "YES!! Keep doing what your are doing"

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

ehhh I do not buy it. You are simply tricking yourself into having good days. Its like a placebo effect.

And you're doing the same thing, except with a negative spin instead of a positive one.

For example:

Negative view: "placebo effect" is just you "tricking" yourself into having a good day.

More positive view: "placebo effect" is proof that belief/attitude influences reality.

The medical industry has shown a "placebo effect" where people "trick" themselves into being healed simply by believing they are being healed. Ok, that is the negative spin. The positive spin, again, people have been proven to simply believe themselves back into health.

I saw a doctor in an interview once say this (and I paraphrase): If you believe you have an incurable illness, you are correct. If you believe your illness is curable, then you are also correct.

You're totally right, but your pessimistic viewpoint is also an expression of a truth. Your own personal truth. I don't think you could get much use out of the placebo effect yourself, with the doubting and pessimistic attitude you seem to entertain here. The use you would get out of it, is exactly what you believe you would get out of it.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm intrigued by synchronicity and find that incidences of it in my life increase if I am reading books of a particular type.

It's alright for a while but then I start to get fed up and ask for it to stop because, interesting as the experience is, I can't quite grasp what the lesson is supposed to be.

If anyone wants to try an experiment, read something by Robert Anton Wilson - his work always does it for me.

Davidius - I think your outlook is very commendable and it's good to know it's paying off for you.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I've been getting synchronicity alot as well, but it freaks me out a little more than it makes me... happy I guess, hehe.

I see the 11:11's and the 3:33's (all of them on the clock) at least 3 times a day and I just roll my eyes. I just don't know what to think about it. It's mind boggling to me, so every time I see it on the clock I'm just like, "Here we go again".

An interesting event(s) of synchronicity for me is that the TV will be on and as a certain word crosses my mind (not a common one), that word will be said within mere milliseconds of me thinking it. Or I'll be thinking and a word will come up and I will see it written in an ad, or I will just see it somewhere immediately. Coincidence? I don't know.

I used to get it also (in different ways) when I was around 12 or 13 (early 90's). I would think about a movie and it would be on the next day or I would see it in the TV guide lined up for the next week. I'm talking about movies that weren't common. And even if they were, I would just happen to come across them in the guide.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I still call mental gymnastics on a lot of this. Someone might lie to me.. and say they payed me back when they did not. They might even believe in their head and be 100% convinced I was payed back.. but facts are facts and reality is reality.. they either payed me back or they did not. It does not matter what they believe they did. Sure in their reality they are being honest and did nothing wrong but in reality reality they are wrong.

You can create your own reality in your head to a point.. but there is still a seperate big picture reality that everyone is forced to live in together and what you create in your own reality can only influence the whole but you can't control it all.

The person might believe they payed me back so much that if I am unsure and have a weaker frame of reality they could actually convince me and I will even believe them which shows that the person with the stronger reality usually triumphs but if I hold my frame that I know they did not pay me back then we have two opposing realities and a conflict..
I'm not really sure what this proves but despite people's created realities in their heads.. there is still sometimes only one truth.. that maybe you can influence with your mind but THERE ARE LIMITS somewhere because of everyone else in the world having their own beliefs and realities too.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by jpm06002]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I still call mental gymnastics on a lot of this. Someone might lie to me.. and say they payed me back when they did not. They might even believe in their head and be 100% convinced I was payed back.. but facts are facts and reality is reality..

Sounds simple enough but what is "paid back"? (Yes, I corrected your spelling for you.) What is "paid"? Something to do with "money," yes? An exchange of "money." What is "money"? Pieces of paper that everyone agrees is "worth" something? What is "worth"? Some kind of "intrinsic value"? So you can say, I have this piece of paper "worth" "this much," and I'll trade it for your "that" which I consider to be "worth" the "same value."

We make all this stuff up in our heads. You've just learned to take it for granted such that you think there is some kind of universal law that enforces it, but really there are only human laws and human ideas that enforce these things. To the rest of nature, we must seem just as bizarre, if not totally more bizarre, than anything else on this planet, trading pieces of paper for large machines, obeying every order from people we don't even know and everything else that we do that seems 2nd nature to us but in "reality" is very bizarre.

I don't think "reality" enforces that you have been "paid back" or not "paid back," since all concepts of money are just human ideas anyway. In your head you can say you haven't been "paid back," but in reality there was never anything to justify the concepts of "worth" anyway, except that a bunch of people got together and agreed on it arbitrarily. It's ultimately all meaningless, until humans come along and GIVE the situations meaning. So who's to say one person's opinion/belief is worth any less than a group's? Nothing that I can see. Again, any difference is just in our heads that we think up. We create all of this stuff out of belief in it. If no one believed in money, we wouldn't use it, there would be no such conception as "paid back." Just like Native American cultures before Europeans came.

Mental gymnastics, sure, why not. It's healthy to exercise your brain.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I was just using that as an hypothetical example where two people believe different things happened. It should have been assumed that both people believed money had a worth. I could have used a memory of a friend kissing a girl instead. He either did or did not. I realize though that all this shows is that you can't change the past with your beliefs which is pretty obvious and I thank you for discussing this with me so that I have come to this realization.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davidius

1. During one of my classes, the professor said, "Today is a Thursday, its going to be a great day!" I smirked and said "Yeah, every day is a good day." She gave me a puzzled look and asked me why I think that and said, "Well, if you think you are going to have a bad day, you certainly will. If you think you are going to have a good day, you will."
David

Yeh, it's a nice sentiment, but it doesn't always work like that. Not all things depend on your resolution to have a "good day". It is possible to come home from school and find out that your parent has died or something. It happens.

Sure, it's possible to *decide* it's gonna be a GREAT day all the same, and the funeral is gonna be a blast, but.... really?

<<   2 >>

join