It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created god/where did he come from?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Have you guys ever asked that question or pondered in your mind who is god's god? Who created god? It's almost as if when you try to think about it you can't. It's like the human brain hits a wall. There is nothing beyond that? I don't know how to explain it but it's like we as humans have such a powerful mind and imagination and that when you think about who created god or who's god's god etc. that's it.............that's the limit of our entire ability to think and reason. We can debate physics, atoms, aliens, planets, life on other planets etc........but the big one is where did god come from. It's such a powerful mental exercise when you sit quietly and really think about it. Anyone else ever have that thought? It's very powerful in my opinion. It's almost like infinity mathematics, but infinity for your brain. LOL I sound like a loon I guess.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Depends on how you view God. Buddism for example dosent have a problem with that. Personally i view God as the universe itself and if people read the clues he very much says that himself in the ancient texts in all religions. However for some reason people tend to view God as an old man living in some other dimension called Heaven. Obviously comes from male egos who couldnt understand that after we die theres no point in genders as we have no use of them and therefore neither male or female but i digress.....

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Man created God. That is how powerful our imagination is.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I remember I had a dream that seemed to have God in it. God has always been and will always be here. There was no beginning and there will be no end. God created everything else out of boredom. I have to admit that was one weird dream I had because it seemed like I was fully aware of everything at that moment and I was bored too. Humans provided entertainment with the gift of free will. It's like I knew every possible outcome from every possible decision someone could make but humans were given the gift of free will to choose their own path. What I struggled with after I woke up was does God know what decision we will make or what path we will choose or does God know everything except what path we will go down? Is it really free will if someone knows everything we will do? I didn't have any problem with God existing forever and ever and being linked somehow to everything in space and time.

That was before other crazy dreams where I dreamed we're living in a simulation and our entire universe is like a computer program or a virtual reality game and most of us are just simulations. I was wondering why God was noticing what I was thinking about and altering the reality we live in. That was before I dreamed God could be an extremely advanced AI and we're in the simulation. All those glitches, etc. that some people casually dismiss that they think is just their mind playing games on them, isn't but it's easier to dismiss something you can't prove and doesn't make any sense.
That was before another dream that I created this universe and I'm really lying asleep or unconscious on a hospital bed in real life. If you think too much, you might start wondering if you're crazy.
It could be fun though.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Reedemer has hit the nail on the head.
God was created out of a necessity to explain the unexplainable.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
That is an interesting and deep question. I used to believe that God was like a person watching everything I did. an old man who wrote everything in a big book. I've outgrown that image.
Now I think of God as no being, but rather the whole of creation. When I start thinking about the size of the universe my brain cannot cope. there is no beginning and no end to 'space'. If one could go up or down or sideways or anyways, there is no wall to run into. And if there was one, then what's on the other side?
So who was behind this beautiful miracle? I don't know but when my time comes to pass over, I'll either know or there is nothing.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

God was there, from the start - whatever name He is called.

He is scary and fierce.

But Jesus is gentle and kind.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bluebird2

Thank you. This is exactly the type of response I was looking for. And I agree. It's like you can picture your mind traveling out into the universe. It never stops. Just keeps going and going and going.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Yes, I agree with what you said. For me it is the bubble-verse we call our universe. But I have a reason for thinking that way.

Weird story ahead so you have been warned, okay.

All this life I've journeyed in other realms.. for want of a better word there.. and in doing so I liked to explore our solar system and beyond.

About 10 years ago I wanted to know if our 'universe' had a boundary. So I set off as normal and simply sped myself up.. moving through awareness has no speed limits. It didn't seem to take long before I reached something like the skin of a bubble that was a membrane-like barrier that could be passed through.

Still with me or have you switched off to crazy sounding personal reports?

Once outside of the bubble I could see billions of other bubbleverses. I likened this to how tha atoms of any solid must look from the micro scale.

More interestingly, I saw two bubbleverses gently touch which released a massive amount of energy and in doing so created a big bang scenario. This was the creation of another bubbleverse. I likened this to the way life forms come together to create a new life.. the birthing of our children being the same as the birthing of that bubbleverse.

From this expedition I learned that each bubbleverse is an awareness, just like our new born babies, that will grow and learn about itself and its capabilities.

So, from this I came to understand that our Universe is the Aware-Energy we humans in our limited awareness call God. And that like our own universe it learns about itself from the activities of its own diversified portions... us and everything else that exists.

Okay, you can come back now, the crazy guy has finished.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
and man created god in his own image.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Infinity is not created, it always has been and will be.

Very hard to grasp in a linear 3rd dimension existence.

The Infinite Creator IS Creation. We are the Infinite Creator creating our universe.

When you hear a song, who created it? Yes of course people did, thus the Infintie Creator created the song, which would be the people.

That which is infinite cannot be many, for many-ness is a finite concept. To have infinity you must identify or define the infinity as unity; otherwise, the term does not have any referent or meaning. In an Infinite Creator there is only unity. You have seen simple examples of unity. You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

For a crazy guy you make sense.

You said moving through awareness has no speed limits [smile] It reminds me of the song that says "Speeding through the universe...thinking is the best way to travel".

I think our modern day thinkers, however, don't give enough credit to this thing we call "awareness". It's where we are all going in time and it's the only thing that will truly reveal God.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Who created god/where did he come from?

I don't think this can ever be answered since it implies that God is part of time and space and that there is or was something before and a place outside of God.

God stands outside of creation, which means that God stands outside of being in time and space. So to ask who and where is as pointless as asking when was God created. As Psychonaughty above says, there is no when or where when you're talking about God, these are 3rd dimensional terms applied to a nth dimensional universe.

This is why the Buddhists are considered to be atheists because they say that all creation and all manifestion is but an illusionary shadow of what God really is. You can't point your finger in any direction and say this is God or that is God. Because once you do that then you've limited God to this or that. Even if we were to say that God's creation began 10 to 15 billion years ago with the Big Bang it does not preclude the possibility that perhaps our Big Bang is but one of millions and millions that occur.

God is beyond our traditional concepts of space and time. To describe God as being created at some point in time is misleading in defining what God really is.

Only through awareness and detachment can we ever really experience the eternal Now. Through self-Awareness and complete detachment from all conditionings of time and space can we ever hope to be at-One with God. And how or why could this be? Because each of has a deeper part and more centralized core that is a single Spark of the true God. And only through self-Awareness can we ever hope to be at One with This.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think the only answer I can come up with that makes any sort of sense is that God came from our imagination. Because if you think about it there's so much random things we come up with that doesnt make much sense.. like who the hell decided to put a horn on a horse and call it a unicorn? We can imagine pretty much anything so why not God.
Why we have the ability to come up with that sort of stuff I dont know, but its a little less frustrating then just coming up against that brick wall!

reply to post by Tayesin

Okay, putting aside the craziness aspect of that story... Whats this space where all these 'bubbleverses' are? Whats outside that?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Go look in the mirror.

There, you now see the One Infinite Creator looking back at you.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
Okay, putting aside the craziness aspect of that story... Whats this space where all these 'bubbleverses' are? Whats outside that?

Great question Bluebelle and not that easy to answer... beautiful name by the way.

Micro to Macro: Between sub-atomic particles there is mostly space, between the atoms those particles make up is mostly space so that your body is only the tiniest part matter while the vast majority of it is empty space. Agreed?

Okay, more space exists outside of your body than there is matter, so to with our solar system, then on into our galaxy and further on to the boundary of "our universe". And so taking the step out into the next bigger picture we see the same things, lots of space and little matter, just as with atoms. This is more easily illustrated as being like a Russian Doll. Each picture or box just keeps getting bigger. The space outside our universe is the same as the space inside it. Outside our universe where these bubbleverses exist is simply another larger picture... perhaps itself a bubble (?) And so on.

I think Quantum physics shows that everything exists as a variation of the One Energy vibrating at different rates, and, it has demonstrated awareness.

Example again from personal experience, which can be called crazy if it helps. After knowing the resonance or vibration of different levels of awareness from our limited human level to what I call Soul Level Awareness, it becomes very easy to know where you are in the various vibrating levels of awareness. (Sorry this is taking so long)

Outside of this soul level awareness there is another level/bubble I call Oversoul level awareness and outside that is another larger level of awareness I have no name for. That's as far as I have ventured so far. Within that level all the tiny bubbleverses exist in a layer.. or so it can be perceived... and looks a lot like seafoam. Seriously. What exists at that scale is beyond my ability to describe in any way to be understood.

So if we consider it is all like a russian doll with ever-increasing magnitudes we get the picture that the area where the bubbleverses exist is only one small part of the overall Doll. Just as the atoms in your body are only one small part of the local planetary scale.

I suppose the easiest way to explain it would be to say .. and I don't like using these words for their "new-agey" connotations.. it is what we see with Fractals. The picture continues to get smaller as we look further in, and, it just gets larger the further out we look.

Sorry again if this reply isn't able to relate the information I wanted to get across to you. Words become very limiting when discussing such huge scales, and including awareness as a natural part of the whole.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

the human brain knows nothing but things that are created and destroyed. things are created, they expire. people are born, they die. however, god is eternal, therefore the 'brain hitting the wall' phenomenon.

but how can something be eternal? i don't know. but i'm sure its not impossible. something that is eternal would simply have to be unaffected by what we call time. if time has a beginning and end (measured by some other different dimension) then its possible for something to live outside of time's grasps.

eternal.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

The mystery of God ?

You find out after you die .

Make sure you find Jesus before that happens .

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK
Reedemer has hit the nail on the head.
God was created out of a necessity to explain the unexplainable.

~watches people grip their crutch and scowl~

[edit on 12-11-2009 by reasonable] -i can't type tonight!

[edit on 12-11-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
reply to post by Bluebelle

Go look in the mirror.

There, you now see the One Infinite Creator looking back at you.

I dont see it. Maybe if I wore a crown and had a velvet cape on it would be easier to see.

reply to post by Tayesin

Ahh I see, yea that does make sense. I think Im just the annoying person who's always going to want to know what the biggest part of it is, where does it end etc!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join