It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA agent says "Your government won't back you up".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

23 CIA agents have been arrested for abducting a Italian citizen for suspected terrorism links. One CIA agent warns all citizens working for the government that

"I feel i have been stabbed in the back, your government wont back you up".

So in a nut shell, they were told to take this guy and bring him to Egypt, and they did, and from there they get caught, and charged by the Italian government. The CIA agents themselves obviously did not make this plan and carry it out, it was handed to them.

Everybody is angry because they did it unlawfully, well i say the blame game does not work, nor does rewarding.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"i was only following orders" is no excuse for immoral behavior. i'm glad that there's finally a government willing to prosicute these torturing scumbags.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
On almost all Black-Ops... they are told and are aware that they can and will be disavowed in cases such as this...

They knew what they were getting into. No doubt about it. Been there... done that... own the t-shirt.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
"i was only following orders" is no excuse for immoral behavior. i'm glad that there's finally a government willing to prosicute these torturing scumbags.

So what if they are terrorists and were going to kill people? All the CIA did was abduct these guys, they didn't do any immoral.

Seems to me that you statement on morality is quite flawed.

Phil

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philalethes
So what if they are terrorists and were going to kill people? All the CIA did was abduct these guys, they didn't do any immoral.

Its in another country and they clearly broke the law.

If there were Italian secret service agents running around your country assaulting and kidnapping mexicans because they had an issue with them.. would you not expect justice? There are US/EU agreements concerning this type of thing and Italy is Italy after all, not some lawless dump.

There's no point in pulling the terrorist card.. the US cannot pull these stunts in the EU without authorization from EUPOL or the member state. Which they clearly didn't have if the Judicial system is pushing for their incarceration.

The law is the law.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hey, the dopes know the score. If you get caught playing james bond, you're on your own. No back up, no one will ever admit to knowing you. They didnt cover their tracks and got locked up by some pasta primaveras. What did they expect? Obama to come charging in on a white horse and rescue them, after failing to stay incognito?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sadly, this is wrong on both sides. Don't blame, don't reward.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

seems to me you wouldn't know morality if it came up and beat you over the head. kidnapping isn't immoral if the cia say the kidnapped person might be a terrorist!?!

to a certain extent, i'ld hope you get the government you deserve, but i'm not bad natured enough to wish that on anyone.

Originally posted by gandhi
Sadly, this is wrong on both sides. Don't blame, don't reward.

i don't get this. where is the wrong on the italian part?

[edit on 10/11/09 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They have that backwards: with their lawless behavior, they stabbed their countrymen in the back.

I've zero sympathy for them. Personally, I hope they get "rendered" to the exact same sort of place they so willingly sent others. In my view, they're cowardly whiners. They knew what they were doing, knew it was illegal, immoral, and unnecessary. Yet they did it anyway.

We're better off with them in jail, orr publicly executed, if it comes out that any of their victims died as a result of their kidnapping.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
If there were Italian secret service agents running around your country assaulting and kidnapping mexicans because they had an issue with them.. would you not expect justice?

I would pay them to do that.

I am kind of mixed about this. I guess for me the level of justice has everything to do with the circumstances behind the abduction.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Philalethes

Abducting people doesn't sound like clean business. Abducting someone is a kind of psychological torture in my opinion. It is too bad America has fell off the moral high horse and reached so low as to employ people legally, to do illegal acts.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Very well said and star to you. American sovereignty must be protected at all costs! If you live here in the USA, and don't like this, then get the F%@! out of Our Country!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

It seems that the cowardly are willing to push the pen of passivisation, but when it comes to supporting their lives, families, job and way of life, they object like a 6 year old child.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Very well said and star to you. American sovereignty must be protected at all costs! If you live here in the USA, and don't like this, then get the F%@! out of Our Country!

Now see the problem these people that was kidnapped (a felony) did not live in US they were living in Italy, and those agents broke several international laws therefor they must be punished.

And your government has already protected you by all costs, just look on your economy which has been tanking for a couple of years now and with the spending of your tax money to keep up fighting 2 wars at the same time, which in the end do excactly to opposite of protecting your country, its gonna demolish your country and make your dollars worth nothing, especially when China pulls the plug on you, or you also wanna attack China?

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Because they were not working for "your government" Funny these agents were unaware who their true employers were.

Secrets kept from secret agents... gotta love it.

The ones who walk ahead of those who cannot follow are not leading the way.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Sigh.

This is the problem with the US....y'all have a vocal minority that chooses to be angry rather than informed.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by ImplausibleDeniability]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Maybe I'm wrong but I was under the impression that no charges were ever brought against the so called 'terrorists' abducted by these evil 23. Weren't they all eventually released after being tortured. I believe one man was so badly tortured that his permanent injuries require him to use a stick to walk.

It's about time you right wing republicans realised that you are not a special breed of human being. You have no god given right to do what you like to the citizens of the world. What would be unacceptable for foreigners to do in your country is unacceptable for you to do abroad. It's time you got your house in order because what goes around will eventually come around.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's funny to think that America is the only country that does these operations. If your country is a player on the world stage, guess what your country's doing everything that America's doing. Maybe not on as large as a scale but they would if they could. These acts have been going on since governments were started, so please don't think your government is clean or (if your American) was clean until recently.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Phil

When you go into someone else's country, disregard their laws and kidnap someone there whom you intend to fly to another country for torture, you've broken laws and pissed on the trust and respect of your allies.

How would you feel if Italian Intelligence agents came into the US covertly and started picking people off the street for extraordinary rendition without the US government having any idea what they are doing?

join