It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will health care reform be a miserable failure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
OK boys and girls. Everyone says that no one can succesfully predict the future.

This new health care bill will cause a flight of capital from the US. The people will stay, but some of the money will leave. Even with onerous provisions for monitoring bank accounts, and new pension fund withdrawal restrictions, a lot of money will find it's way somewhere else.

The govt. will have to print up even more money to make up for the shortage. Some money will be converted into bullion and actually be taken over the border. This is not necessary. A transfer of accounts to a foreign bank can buy bullion there.

I don't have a passport, but I feel that I need one. Take care............XX.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by total newbie]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't know - if you don't mandate coverage there will be holes for abuse
and you can't mandate coverage if people are outraged by the mandate.

Then again we will be bankrupted by the current system if nothing is done.

Sounds like a super cluster #%$% with cheese!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

You know there is another way. Do not mandate coverage and give people a choice to pay for health insurance or get on one of the public options and if the qualify for subidies or free medicare or medicaid let them take advantage.

Let others decide they choose none of the above and when they come in for care they cannot afford you let them reap the consequence of their decision.

It is a little thing called freedom and personal responsibility. I know it is a tough concept for some to understand, but it has worked quite fine over the years.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by HotSauce]

new topics

join