It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nine Satanic Sins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I was surfing the internet gathering information on ancient culture beliefs when I came across this
intersting web site boasting to be The Official Church of Satan.

www.churchofsatan.com...

In it they have a comparable list to that of the Catholic Church's 7 deadly sins Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride. The list is called The Nine Satanic Sins ( is that a funny oxymoron or what) I guess all organizations need rules.

1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!

5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

Im wondering what happens if someone breaks one of these sins ? Whats the punishment? Do they go to heaven ?

This is just creepy stuff. Its amazing that this type of religion even exists. This doctrine goes against everthing Judeo–Christians believe.

======================================================

((accidental button push.... sorry - text replaced))

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Maxmars]
fixed link

[edit on Mon Nov 9 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No religion is better to the next.

We can all pick the favorite one from cookie-jar of religions; or remain not to.

Originally posted by oliveoil
Im wondering what happens if someone breaks one of these sins ? Whats the punishment? Do they go to heaven ?

-v

[edit on 8-11-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

This is just creepy stuff. Its amazing that this type of religion even exists. This doctrine goes against everthing Judeo–Christians believe.

they have some sort of repentance for sins im sure, but i dont know what

and the whole point is to be against judeo-christian beliefs.
ps. Satanists dont actually worship satan as god, they use the image of satan to offend people. its not so much of a religion as it is a philosophy for being an attention wh*re

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I've read these before, got a Satanic Bible, purely for reference.

And I wouldn't say I'm an adherant.

But interestingly, these are things that get preached all the time here at ATS.

Especially,
#1 Stupidity
#2 Pretentiousness
#5 Herd Conformity
#6 Lack of Perspective

You can pick up the Satanic Bible in most bookshops, and it's really quite an interesting read.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Doctor Anton Lavey's Satanic Bible (and all his literature) is filled with a whole bunch of his personal philosophies.

The "Sins" you posted are not really an enforced set of laws or anything. They are not as "sins" are in any Christian sense. Since the Satanic bible conveys the belief system that "there is no Satan or God", and that the only real God is "yourself", these sins are not punishable by a real deity or attached to the ideal of Hell or Heaven.

So...if you break them...you are not in danger of supernatural judgment or divine punishment. They are simply "bad traits" that a real Satanist usually is disgusted with.

No magic there...no mystery...just traits no real Antonian Satanist would ever wish to possess.

The religion as a whole is often misunderstood, but is very interesting to study in depth. Doctor Lavey had a very unusual life and was a very interesting person.

Ex-Satanist signing off!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Personally I don't think the satanic sins are that stupid at all and as the person above me said, preached on ATS a lot.

In a lot of satanic circles, 'strength and control' is are key-words and I guess that's where the sins come in. Strenght of mind and control over self.
When you are considered a weak individual you are not respected in the group or by other satanists. That said, most satanist lived up by those rules long before they became a satanist. It's a state of mind and a way of life and hard to understand for outsiders

and I guess that's a lot the same as we see here on ats in the discussions as well...

[edit on 8/11/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hmm, I might be a huge satanist from the looks of it. Never read those sins but i think they make a lot of sense actually.

Always been fascinated by satanism, but i am against religion since it's herd mentality.

Gonna fire up facetube and googlepedia and educate myself a bit more, will post if i find something worth sharing.

As for the going to heaven

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
the natural order of things vs. entities taking over the natural order of things and making them the way they want them.

all we have throughout history is men and women who understand nature so well that they want to manipulate it the way they want it to turn out.

god has things set up in perfect harmony. but i guess some creatures made by god decide to do things their way instead.

this is all it is.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-Raz
Hmm, I might be a huge satanist from the looks of it. Never read those sins but i think they make a lot of sense actually.

Well...as an Ex-Satanist who was once very agreeable to the philosophy for 24 years, I can tell you from my observations "most all Americans" are (or strive to be) true Satanists knowingly or not.

Look at the 11 laws of Earth from the very same bible.

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

All seem very reasonable and very acceptable to most. Heck, they even seem romantic and self-empowering.

It is all very interesting, and as I had said before the only religion I had ever belonged to.

Even though I am no longer able to comply with the entire code of Satanism, I still find myself thankful for what I learned through its practices.

But alas...when you start to figure that "you are not god" and that there "may be a real one out there", the only self respecting step a true Satanist can take is to "step out of the religion" and accept that all true Satanists will now judge you "weak" or "confused".

Oh well...not that bad of a price to pay if you consider the fact that "finding God" or "spirituality" far outweighs the elite philosophy that "there is nothing out here but us".

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
After reading the nine sins, there doesn’t seem to be much there that is truly disturbing. Some of the traits could even be considered positive or reasonable.

Reading The Satanic Bible years ago I remember having the same reaction. I picked it up out of curiosity thinking it would be the ultimate forbidden book, but it wasn’t so bad.

Having said that, perhaps the difference between Good and Evil is subtle: like the difference between doing what is good and reasonable for yourself versus doing what is good and reasonable for everyone. Some of the ideas of Satanism are worth considering, but the context with which they are presented lacks concern for fellow Mankind. Kind of like the sociopath that is competent, effective and charming, but completely with out conscious.

Still, a couple points worth pondering:

Vastly more people have been killed and continue to be killed in the name of “mainstream” religions than in the name of the so-called occult religions.

The people who do the truly most evil things, such as mass slaughter or trauma based mind control are usually associated with governments, not religions.

The people who commit the occasional highly publicized “Satanic murder” usually are not into Satanism on any deep religious or philosophical basis, they simply are attracted to the glamour of superficially aligning themselves with what they view as the ultimate anti-social expression of their disturbed rebellion.

In the end, no ideas are unthinkable. The essence of the human condition is that one must use one’s own discernment in deciding how to live life. Hopefully that reflects trying to remain grounded in wisdom and compassion.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
what about ,
forgiveness
empathy
self sacrifice

these seem like greater sins for an ideology base on do what thy shell, the weak are there to be exploited ,.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
and it should be a sin for any true satanist to spend their time on ATS baiting all the christians and other people of faith. A satanist should have something better and more fullfilling to to with his/her time.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
and it should be a sin for any true satanist to spend their time on ATS baiting all the christians and other people of faith. A satanist should have something better and more fullfilling to to with his/her time.

I am afraid no real Satanist would be found baiting Christians anywhere.

If you think I (or anyone here) is selling you Satanism or using it to bait others into whatever, then I suggest that it is "you" who is misunderstanding intents here.

If you think I am selling or fishing for fun, you are mistaken.

I can tell you I learned that Satanism was wrong for myself.

I no longer think strength is "all important". I no longer agree that it is ok to be ultimately selfish. I do not accept the philosophy of "I am more important then all others".

So no...I am not baiting, nor do I see any other Satanist baiting.

If I was a Satanist...I doubt I would even allow myself to be here, nevermind attempt to use ATS as bait shop.

(after seeing you meant "baiting" not advertising, I changed my retort to fit what you meant.)

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Creepy stuff?- LOL- have you read this, with an open/critical-mind? Or are you judging it only because of the fact it comes frome "the santanist church".
OH well, I already know the answer.

This list has SOME very interesting points, which I think, some people should reflect upon -since is much more enligthening to the spirit than "others" doctrines out there, which are designed to lock the doors to knowledge and questioning of reality- (being their main aim to dictate over your life).

Oh and I'm not a santanist; moreover I don't follow any kind of religion, cult or dogmatic belief. I'm fond of cultivating an incquiring mind of my own

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was also a Satanist for many years. I was in search of something that matched the way I felt and the way I looked at life and I came up Anton Levay.

The mains ideas are self preservation, self education, and self fullfilment.

I the idea being that if more people were of the mind to take care of themselves and live for themselfs then there would be less people sitting around living off of governments handouts and devouring the kindeness of humanity. The stance is that there is no god, there is no satan, no heaven or hell, no means of repention or being forgiven. There is only YOU. You are responsible for yourself and you are the sole responsibility.

It has nothing to do with hate your neighbor, kill everyone else, and destroy all non-Satanist.

It all comes down to the basic philosophies of life that most inviduals live by:
Respect Yourself
Respect others
Do No Harm
Be Credible
Be Responsible
Live accordingly
Die with dignity.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Seems to make sense. I can see the alure to anything that teaches to use your mind, I hope that doesn't mean I'm a satanist.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
First off the name is exactly what it implies. Church of Satan. Not just any Church of Satan, But the official Church of Satan.

The definition for church is a building used for public and especially Christian worship, and we all know who Satan is. He is the "the accuser","the adversary" "the Devil" "the ruler of the demons" pure evil. A rebel against God and good.

These Satanists worship Satan, Or at least they give the appearance they do.

Would a Christian go to a church of God and not worship his God ? I dont think so.

What they teach is adolescent self- centeredness. Love is nowhere.

Where would this world be today if everyone only cared about themselves? ( Ok, bad question but you get the point )

Mr Mask, The best thing you could have done was to leave them.

Who needs a organization telling people how people as humans really are or should be.They compare humans as animals with animal instincts, teaching that you should Indulge in your desires. This is self destructive behavior.

I cant believe that people actually fall for this.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
With all due respect to all participants. This forum is reserved for percieved conspiratorial aspects of religion.

Since the debate is purely regarding the nature of Statanic spirituality it is more suited to the forum "Faith & Spirituality".

I am inclined to move this thread to that location unless there is some substantive explanation as to how this is a conspiracy, and like all conspiracies, where are the means motive and opportunity with which to define its parameters.

I will return shortly to see if anyone has any objections to my intentions to move the thread.

I have u2u's the creator, because I don't want this construed as a punitive or obstructive action. And incidentally, allowing for someoone to reframe the argument in conspiratorial terms, if possible.

Thank you

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There is no conspiracy behind the CoS.

With that being absolutely true, moving the thread would make sense to me at least.

Thanks for the fish!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

If a person chooses to become a full-fledged Satanist, isn't this in a roundabout way a way of proclaiming they believe in the God of Abraham, The Creator, and are making a stand that they choose to worship Satan rather than God? I am not baiting either, asking a sincere question.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join