It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteries of the Mayans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This thread is an attempt to bring to light one of the mysteries of the Mayan's,I believe is sadly overlooked.The Mayan's seem to have an understanding of sound we have yet to fully comprehend.I believe when we fully understand this mystery,we will be one step closer to unraveling the secrets of the ancient Mayans.

First off did you ever hear a hand clap at Chichen Itza?

and another

The mystery far from ends there,it's just getting started.The acoustics at the site can only be described as advanced.Here are a couple of videos that give you a good idea of what I'm talking about.
I found myself thinking that the "fluttering" echo seemed to fade away in a way that made me think of the Fibonacci sequence and then
part2

I find it Interesting also that sounds affect plant growth but that's for another thread.
I believe sound is a quintessential element in the ancient past we have forgotten.I think it's fair to make the assumption that the Egyptians and Mayan's shared a history that lead to the creation of their pyramids and civilization.That being said I guess I should tell you I believe that the pyramids were built by somehow negating gravity in the stones.I also believe that Edward Leedskanlin also figured out this secret.
Here's a little on Ed

Now the only people to see Ed Claimed he was "singing"to the stones, does this have something to do with moving them?I don't know,but it seems we better explore all avenues.On a side note about ED,he wrote a book(three actually)that deals with electromagnetism and gravity.In his own words

Now I will tell you what magnetic current is. Magnetic current is the same as electric current. Current is a wrong expression. Really it is not one current, they are two currents, one current is composed of North Pole individual magnets in concentrated streams and the other is composed of South Pole individual magnets in concentrated streams, and they are running one stream against the other stream in whirling, screwlike fashion, and with high speed. One current alone if it be North Pole magnet current or South Pole magnet current it cannot run alone.

I am not saying I figured anything out.I'm trying to bring to light what I believe to be the secrets of the ancients everyone talks about.
Now the Fibonacci series that is so prevalent in nature and the pyramids (and the procession of the earth according to Grahm Hancock)also plays a roll but I'm not sure how.Now back to the Mayans

Tikal
There are sound anomalies at Tikal as well

Many buildings reflect sound in the most interesting way; clapping your hands or stepping sharply on the temple steps creates an echo that sounds like a squawking bird or Coati tails Coati tails Apparently they have their tails up like this so that predators will be distracted and attack the tails first. They sure look funny when there are twenty of them trotting around in the undergrowth. tree frog. It is unclear whether this function of the temples was intentional or accidental, but either way, it is extraordinary.

How does the sound change rather than just echo?Mysteries abound!
Again let me say that I do not have the answers and the scientific research in this area is lacking,so hopefully this thread may spark more interest and provide some answers.

Note;This is my first attempt at a thread like this so any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcomed,as well as any ideas.
Thanks G/I

[edit on 7-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
sorry wrong thread disregard.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Very interesting thread.

My dad has a place in the state of Campeche very close to the Mayan.

I myself have never been but would love to.

I wonder if the some of the sounds one hears are sounds that are supposed to resemble the animals of the time or noises to please their Gods.

A handclap at the base of Kukulcan's staircase generates what Lubman calls a "chirped echo"—a "chir-roop" sound that first ascends and then falls, like the cry of the native quetzal.

To Lubman, the dimensions of Kukulcan's steps suggest that the builders intended just such an acoustical mimicry. The lower steps have a short tread length and high riser—tough to climb but perfect for producing a high-pitched "chir" sound. The steps higher up make a lower-pitched "roop."

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sheesh and I was stuck with that one temple that made a shadow like a snake. This info just adds to my belief that the ancient people knew about things we didn't. I agree that the acoustics were built on purpose. Like a great many thing we don't know about. Great find

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Awesome thread.

Gave alot of new info I never heard of before. I especially loved the "In Search Of" episode. I loved that show when I was a kid. It's probably the reason I ended up here all these years later.

I'm sure i'll spend alot of time looking up further info on the stuff you presented.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yeah I love the in search of series also.I wonder how many of us got our interest in Forteana from that show?

[edit on 8-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff OP. I really can't offer any new information as I'm no expert, and as you've said, research by the professionals is yet to have been completed, or even attempted properly for that matter. I would guess though, that this has a lot to do with the structural design of the temples themselves as they might have been set up to resonate sound waves a certain way...? How could they have know how to do this? Beats me.

Originally posted by hangedman13
Sheesh and I was stuck with that one temple that made a shadow like a snake.

Which temple are you referring to?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I think he means the main pyramid in the first couple of videos.www.world-mysteries.com...
It is the pyramid of Kukulcon.
There is an animation at the bottom of the linked page that depicts it pretty well.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The visual and audio effects that were engineered into the Maya architectures was designed to cause the witnesses to the ritual sacrifices
and those who made pilgrimage to the sacred temples

a case of Transcending the Ordinary Reality around their daily lives.

the 'echos' in a great open space, the rays of the Sun coming thru a portal
to descend down the symbolic 13 levels of the Temple steps. I don't see these contrivances as being beyond their supposed primitive intellect.

If the priests did not confound & amaze, stuptify the masses...
their hold over the population would wane & the 'system' would decay,

none of it is actually 'amazing'..it is only interesting in that there was so much human sweat equity invested on these 'mystical' creations

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Great thread.
I think you are right. I have to go to work now, but I will be back and start doing a little research. Good Job. S&F.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
S+F, we still have a lot to learn about the Maya. I'd love to see more home videos of people's visits there.

Keep in mind, too, that a large stone structure sitting in a verdant landscape is undoubtedly going to produce an echo, can we say for certain that it was intentional?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

absolutely.You can stand on one of the three centers of the complex and speak to someone on one of the others over 100 yards away in a whisper

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
[edit on 12-12-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Very interesting are there any proposed reasons for this acoustical masterpiece what purpose did they serve any guesses folks???.

And even though i hate speculation there appears to be a coralation and the evidence stares right at us that the pyramid builders at the very least had some kind of contact with each other long before the accepted time period.

The human race suffers deeply from amnesia. In my opinion not a proven fact.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplescorpio
Very interesting are there any proposed reasons for this acoustical masterpiece what purpose did they serve any guesses folks???.

Guess

There could be just need to address a large audience. Amps and such where obviously not available, so they would rely upon Acoustical Perfection inorder to communicate the Rulers or Preists words during cerimonies and such.

Everyone would be able to listen without having any excuses such as they couldn't hear in the back row.

Just my guess

And even though i hate speculation there appears to be a coralation and the evidence stares right at us that the pyramid builders at the very least had some kind of contact with each other long before the accepted time period.

Speculation

I believe we had a ONE WORLD RELIGION under the leadership of GOD, and GOD alone in the distant past. (Day 6th to be specific). This predates any of the occurances of Adam and Eve by several 1000 years at the least.

It was nearer the period when Adam and Eve where created that we see conflict between GOD and the Elohim/Angels. This of course is leading upto the events occur some 1000 years after Adam is removed from the Garden, Noah's/The Great Flood.

I believe between the Day Six and the Days of Noah, the fallen came to earth and intermingled specifically with the daughters of men, since they seemed quite Hot, and set themselves up to be the point of worship, since in reality, the Angels/Elohim are to look but not touch, while overlooking/tending the sheep, or humanity in this case.

It is during this period many of the fantastic and impressive structures ever created began to be constructed. All of the Fallen step into the role of GOD, and acted as if they where gods, selecting groups or a group to become their worshippers. This may have also included the deviations we know occured in respect to the Sacrafice and offerings to GOD. They may have become the beheading and ritualistic killings upon the alter of Men, Women and Children.

But the important thing to remember is the fallen all had one preception of Worship to GOD, and how things where done.

Further Speculation for an example.

Take the Great Pyramid. Do you really believe what Hawass has to indicate Eygpt was in the past. Cheops, ha.

This structure is at least 10000 Years old. It may well have represented the "Original" place of worship to GOD, and been the template for the fallen when they left their place of habitation and walked the earth. They would wish to have what GOD had, and what better way than building what he (The Fallen) remembered.

Throw out some 200 Fallen (Just a Number) and we maywell have 200 similiar structures around the globe, that all appear to be like the other, but only not as perfect as the Great Pyramid.

And this could explain the commonality they all share. But again, this is my speculation.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Actually when I toured Chichen Itza they said it was so the three leaders of the city could communicate with each other.Perhaps I didn't explain the phenomenon properly,

here is a map

It isn't that everyone can here you from the three points (I believe they were the temple the ball court and the pyramid)It was that you could here each other from those specific spots .
So if you spoke from the ball court to the pyramid they could not here you at the temple and if you turned to face the temple they could not here you at the ball court.sort of like secret communications.You had to stand at exact points in order to hear or be heard so it was definitely 1 to 1 communication.

top topics

join