It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object- can anyone identify it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
A solar explosion took place several hours ago (on 6th of November) . SpaceWeather.com gladly compiled an animated GIF with this explosion.

However, after having a second look I noticed an object at 10 o'clock (towards the end of the animation) . Can anyone confirm what that object is? It moves from left to right in an odd orbit. The animated GIF was taken over several hours so it cannot be disturbance from the solar explosion.

Here is the link:

www.spaceweather.com...

Let me see if i can embed it:

(no i cant)

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Romanian]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
wow, moves quite fast as well ... could it possibly be another sattalite? it has to be close to the recording device... or REALLY fast (i think .. im no orbital master)

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I do believe there was another thread on here about a meteor or something the same day.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Yes, i guess it is fast. The bright object on the right is a planet. But our "object" moves with an interesting pattern. I will try to find some other images.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Strange!
I think, it is a meteor/comet affected by the suns gravity "explanation for the turning I see...
As far as the speed I think it is time altared, you can see other objects, stars and such move too. At a rate that is not the norm..

But who knows, deffinately interesting.....

patiently awaiting PHAGE...calling... PHAGE

He'll give us the hard truth!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

Explains some of the things seen in the images.
There's also a planet transit list.
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil.../transits_2009

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If you look at the planet compared to it, it is very fast, and it leaves a streak. I know it is not a planet. The most likely thing it is is probably a comet or meteor being pulled in by the sun. The movement is really weird though.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
focusing on the object I at first ignored the explosion. The explosion itself is quite amazing to see.

As to the object, I have no idea. Is its rate of speed about the same as the stuff radiating out from the explosion on the sun? I will have to double check that.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What we are seeing is two separate cosmic ray strikes on the CCD. They appear only in the last two frames of the sequence.

Cosmic rays are very high energy particles which come from a variety of sources (e.g. solar flares, supernovae). They are of interest to lots of astronomers, but mostly just noise for us. We see lots of them in every image and occasionally, 3 or 4 of them hit the CCD in just the right places in consecutive images to fool us into believing there is a real object there.

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, it could be. Having the source of the animation would clarify the issue even better - however I was not able to locate any good resolution sources as in the animation.

I only looked here:
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

The animation is from the SOHO satellite, not STEREO. The browsing page is down at the moment.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Here are the two frames:

Here is the frame in between them:

[edit on 11/7/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Great job, thank you Phage!

new topics

top topics

join